Jump to content

Abortion overturned


stahleyp
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, stahleyp said:

 

But that's okay then. All morality comes from the same source - evolutionary instincts. So it's all equal, right?

Why would you draw the conclusion that it's all equal when there exists societies all over the map with different values?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, stahleyp said:

So a society that throws homosexuals off buildings is morally equal to one that celebrates homosexuality, yes?

Society is the judge of that.  In our society that is not okay.  

Edited by ERICOPOLY
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ERICOPOLY said:

Why would you draw the conclusion that it's all equal when there exists societies all over the map with different values?

 

Because they came from the same source. It's like saying one color is "better" than another.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, stahleyp said:

If a society like that destroyed ours, it then is okay?

They would likely feel that way.  

Many conservatives feel that we deploy our military might in a moral manner but believe a woman to be immoral to have an abortion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ERICOPOLY said:

They would likely feel that way.  

Many conservatives feel that we deploy our military might in a moral manner but believe a woman to be immoral to have an abortion.

 

Yes, I understand they might feel that way but do you believe that is reality? Like, truly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, stahleyp said:

 

Yes, I understand they might feel that way but do you believe that is reality? Like, truly?

Your 'reality' of experiencing God's moral standard of 'adults only' sexual attraction is new to world history.  A thousand years ago you would live in a different society with a teenage wife.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, stahleyp said:

 

Yes, I understand they might feel that way but do you believe that is reality? Like, truly?

There are too many examples.  Human sacrifice is one.  Killing a person as a ritual who has done nothing wrong, and this was believed to be good for society.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ERICOPOLY said:

There are too many examples.  Human sacrifice is one.  Killing a person as a ritual who has done nothing wrong, and this was believed to be good for society.

And that is okay if you remove your current social biases? Same with throwing homosexuals off of buildings or gassing Jews?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, stahleyp said:

And that is okay if you remove your current social biases? Same with throwing homosexuals off of buildings or gassing Jews?

You can probably find the answer to all of your questions by studying Hitler's rise to power from the perspective of sociologists.

Edited by ERICOPOLY
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ERICOPOLY said:

In this country and without evidence people have been led to believe that Trump won the election of 2020 and these people want to murder liberals and cleanse the country.

What does that have to do with anything?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...