Jump to content

Abortion overturned


stahleyp
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, stahleyp said:

Well, you can teach me then, Eric...rather than you know, avoiding questions that you don't like. 🤗

You want me to teach you whether abortion takes the life of the mother or the child?  If you simply avoided these games your questions wouldn't be ignored which you hate so much as evidenced by the number of times you post demanding to be answered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ERICOPOLY said:

You want me to teach you whether abortion takes the life of the mother or the child?  If you simply avoided these games your questions wouldn't be ignored which you hate so much as evidenced by the number of times you post demanding to be answered.

I'm not trying to play games man. I want reality. I want to know what is really happening - not euphuisms. 

If the "fetus" isn't human, what is it?

If it is human, why is terminating it not a human rights violation?

Why do pro-choice people say "my body, my choice" if the human being aborted isn't her body? I agree with the whole "my body, my choice" but that is a strawman. The woman is not making a choice about her body after all. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stahleyp said:

If it is human, why is terminating it not a human rights violation?

I'm of the opinion that all of this is rock/paper/scissors and my opinion isn't changed by your repetitive claims that it is murder.

It's a woman's right to choose what happens to her own body, versus the fetus' right to life.

You are saying the scissors beat the rock and others disagree with you.  You have opposing values.  You do not agree on the rules of the game.

Edited by ERICOPOLY
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ERICOPOLY said:

I'm of the opinion that all of this is rock/paper/scissors and my opinion isn't changed by your repetitive claims that it is murder.

It's a woman's right to choose what happens to her own body, versus the fetus' right to life.

You are saying the scissors beat the rock and others disagree with you.  You have opposing values.  You do not agree on the rules of the game.

Murder is the premediated killing of one human being by another. How is it not murder? Is this not exactly what's happening?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, stahleyp said:

Murder is the premediated killing of one human being by another. How is it not murder? Is this not exactly what's happening?

That's not the important question to other people who value the woman's right to her own body.

Edited by ERICOPOLY
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ERICOPOLY said:

That's not the important question to other people who value the woman's right to her own body.

It's amazing how people will rationalize murder, isn't? 


Is it murder? Ugh...that isn't an important question. 

Are the Nazis gassing Jews? Ugh...that's isn't an important question.

Edited by stahleyp
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, stahleyp said:

It's amazing how people will rationalize murder, isn't? 


Is it murder? Ugh...that isn't an important question. 

Are the Nazis gassing Jews? Ugh...that's isn't an important question.

You rationalize bigotry by feeling it in your heart and attributing it to God's morality.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ERICOPOLY said:

You rationalize bigotry by feeling it in your heart and attributing it to God's morality.  

 

Hey now, what's wrong with "bigotry"?  Perhaps you are just a bigot and Naziophobe? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ERICOPOLY said:

According to your professed faith, you are meant to leave the judging to God.  

That's true for the ultimate judgement. Our conscience allows us to discern (ie judge) good from evil. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ERICOPOLY said:

You rationalize bigotry by feeling it in your heart and attributing it to God's morality.  

By the way, if God doesn't exist, there is nothing wrong with bigotry. It's just an evolutionary instinct. People are just wired different. It's okay to have abortion but it's also okay to rape. It's okay to be a homosexual but it's also okay to throw them off buildings. Each subgroup determines their own morality in your worldview?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, stahleyp said:

By the way, if God doesn't exist, there is nothing wrong with bigotry. It's just an evolutionary instinct. 

Bigotry is a judgement of society, not God.  Society can exist without a God due to evolutionary social instinct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, stahleyp said:

Society can create itself?

Society can exist without the assistance of God's hand.  If you want to argue that God created humans then go right ahead.  If you wish to believe that God created humans, it still holds that humans evolved and that humans today and for a long time have possessed societal instincts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, stahleyp said:

Why should "fairness" matter?

If your biases influence your conscience, which guide your morality, then it is material to the understanding of what is morality.

You would be unfairly punishing homosexuals if you get it wrong and let your biases influence your understanding of God's will.  You would be holding them to a moral standard that doesn't come from what you think to be God.

Edited by ERICOPOLY
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

23 minutes ago, ERICOPOLY said:

If your biases influence your conscience, which guide your morality, then it is material to the understanding of what is morality.

You would be unfairly punishing homosexuals if you get it wrong and let your biases influence your understanding of God's will.  You would be holding them to a moral standard that doesn't come from what you think to be God.

But that's okay then. All morality comes from the same source - evolutionary instincts. So it's all equal, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...