Abortion overturned

stahleyp

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ERICOPOLY said:

Neither are most homosexuals.  You are drawing assumptions from the lewd behavior of the few and ascribing them to the decent many.

That's fair. Do you think these guys should have extra rights then?

2 hours ago, ERICOPOLY said:

Well, you object to their advocacy in the form of making their lifestyles very public which they do as a reaction to your discriminating against them.

Leave them alone and be let alone.

I think that's the problem. They won't leave me alone. 

Literally almost every movie, a lot of children cartoons, and on commercials. Like, I can't get away. 

18 minutes ago, stahleyp said:

I think that's the problem. They won't leave me alone. 

Literally almost every movie, a lot of children cartoons, and on commercials. Like, I can't get away. 

All of that "out culture" is because of people arguing to take their rights away.  So they are campaigning to be "normal" and "mainstream" so that children will grow up with it being normal and not tolerate discrimination against them.

Just now, ERICOPOLY said:

All of that "out culture" is because of people arguing to take their rights away.  So they are campaigning to be "normal" and "mainstream" so that children will grow up with it being normal and not tolerate discrimination against them.

Well, it's having an opposite effect. I've ever more protective over my kids now and I will make sure I teach them my values (free choice for conscience and all). 

1 hour ago, stahleyp said:

Well, it's having an opposite effect. 

I know it does.  I criticize these parades too, they (the lewd participants) only reinforce the stereotypes and make things harder for the whole..  

Edited by ERICOPOLY

2 minutes ago, ERICOPOLY said:

And not one time does it consider it to be a sin for a 20+ yr old man to take a 12 year old 'woman' as a bride.

Where do you see 12 year olds listed? You keep saying that but I don't think it says that.

54 minutes ago, stahleyp said:

Where do you see 12 year olds listed? You keep saying that but I don't think it says that.

…Your breasts were formed and your hair grew, you who were naked and bare. 8 ” ‘Later I passed by, and when I looked at you and saw that you were old enough for love… [taken from Ezekiel 16]

The onset of pubic hair is the age at which this girl was old enough for love.  If you write romance stuff like this today they'll get a search warrant and take your hard drives.

Scholar Nisan Rubin writes:
“Grooms could marry at the age of 18-20 (or older) with a young girl, twelve years old, who had “reached puberty.”… The ideal was to marry off girls while still minors, since they constituted an economic burden…” (Rubin, N. (2008). Time and Life Cycle in Talmud and Midrash. Brighton, Massachusetts: Academic Studies Press. p. 16)

Young girls were usually betrothed as soon as they became women. It was believed they reached puberty at about twelve or twelve and a half.” (Deiss, L. (1996). Joseph, Mary, Jesus (Madeleine Beaumont, trans.). Collegeville, Minnesota: The Liturgical Press. p. 25)

“The women normally married as soon as they were physically able to bear children, which the Law defined as twelve and a half years of age. (Zanzig, T. (1999). Jesus of History, Christ of Faith. Terrace Heights, Winona: Saint Mary’s Press, Christian Brothers Publication. p. 89)

https://yahyasnow.wordpress.com/2013/08/04/puberty-age-of-consent-in-biblical-times/

“7 I have caused thee to multiply as the bud of the field, and thou hast increased and waxen great, and thou art come to excellent ornaments: thy breasts are fashioned, and thine hair is grown, whereas thou wast naked and bare.

8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine.”

Ezekiel 16:7-8 (KJV)

In the passage above from Ezekiel we read of God’s love story with Israel.  He presents himself as a wealthy man who finds an infant girl who had just been born and is left for dead in a field.  He takes her as ward in his home and when she reaches puberty (grows breasts and pubic hair) he declares that “thy time was the time of love” and he takes her as his wife.

https://biblicalgenderroles.com/what-is-the-minimum-age-for-marriage-according-to-the-bible/