The Stahley Files - If You Participate in This Thread, You Cannot be Offended and Complain!

Parsad

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, stahleyp said:

Would you say the same thing about Nazis?

First of all, it is your argument.  And if it holds true for you, then it holds true for everyone that took God in their hearts.  And there was a lot of Christianity in Germany.

Your argument.

15 hours ago, ERICOPOLY said:

First of all, it is your argument.  And if it holds true for you, then it holds true for everyone that took God in their hearts.  And there was a lot of Christianity in Germany.

Your argument.

If someone is willing violating the 10 Commandments and killing innocent people, I highly, highly doubt they really have God in their hearts - regardless of what he or she claims.

16 hours ago, ERICOPOLY said:

Societies are fluid.  You'll be fired for being a bigot at work today and the courts will uphold the termination.

Is that okay?

Is it okay for someone to have a pride flag on their desk but someone else can't have a "marriage is between one man and one woman" sign on theirs? Shouldn't we strive for fairness and tolerance? Or is it one of of those things where only one side "gets" to be tolerant?

3 minutes ago, stahleyp said:

Is that okay?

Is it okay for someone to have a pride flag on their desk but someone else can't have a "marriage is between one man and one woman" sign on theirs? Shouldn't we strive for fairness and tolerance? Or is it one of of those things where only one side "gets" to be tolerant?

Why not have a Paul is an ignorant bigot flag on all the desks at work?  And hundreds of people lining the streets on his way to work waving those very flags?

1 minute ago, ERICOPOLY said:

Why not have a Paul is an ignorant bigot flag on all the desks at work?  And hundreds of people lining the streets on his way to work waving those very flags?

That's their freedom. I wouldn't like it but it is what it is. 

Related to the use of pronouns discussed above, this stuff is insanity. The transgender activicts are harming kids. There are a ton of stories about people who "transitioned" early in life who have a ton of health issues later one. There is even a book about the harm of this "movement."

https://www.amazon.com/Irreversible-Damage-Transgender-Seducing-Daughters/dp/1684510317

Here is an excellent interview about a victim of this culture:

1 hour ago, stahleyp said:

Let's say a devout Muslim is at work and the person in the next cubicle puts up a pride flag. Is that harassment? 

Is it harassment for a Christian to be at work with that Muslim?  Wearing a crucifix?  Nope, in neither case is that harassment.

Edited by ERICOPOLY

27 minutes ago, ERICOPOLY said:

Is it harassment for a Christian to be at work with that Muslim?  Wearing a crucifix?  Nope, in neither case is that harassment.

Why is it harrassment them for a "marriage is between one man and one women" sign then?

39 minutes ago, stahleyp said:

Oh, it must be okay then! 🙂

Is nuance difficult for you?

It is perfectly fine in the proper context, but you provided no context and I was asking for a specific example so we could see a harassment and examine the context.  A ruling from a court would tend to be a more likely true case of harassment rather than just my asking of you to personally drum one up from your own opinion.

For example, if you want to stand on a soapbox in the public town square with a sign that says "marriage is between one man and one woman" it is not considered harassment by either myself or by a court.   But there are circumstances where the court may find that your free speech message is harassment.  For example, if you were walking behind somebody and following them around spewing something hateful they may convince a judge that you need to be sanctioned by the court for your behavior and maybe you'll earn a restraining order.

Edited by ERICOPOLY

2 hours ago, ERICOPOLY said:

Is nuance difficult for you?

It is perfectly fine in the proper context, but you provided no context and I was asking for a specific example so we could see a harassment and examine the context.  A ruling from a court would tend to be a more likely true case of harassment rather than just my asking of you to personally drum one up from your own opinion.

For example, if you want to stand on a soapbox in the public town square with a sign that says "marriage is between one man and one woman" it is not considered harassment by either myself or by a court.   But there are circumstances where the court may find that your free speech message is harassment.  For example, if you were walking behind somebody and following them around spewing something hateful they may convince a judge that you need to be sanctioned by the court for your behavior and maybe you'll earn a restraining order.

So is it harassment when a homosexual puts a pride flag next to a conservatives religious person just to make them angry? Is it harassment when a homosexual couple intentionally goes to a baker that they know will be offended? Is it harassment when a transgender person goes to that same baker (now nationally known) in order to "prove how much of a bigot he is" or whatever?

47 minutes ago, stahleyp said:

So is it harassment when a homosexual puts a pride flag next to a conservatives religious person just to make them angry? Is it harassment when a homosexual couple intentionally goes to a baker that they know will be offended? Is it harassment when a transgender person goes to that same baker (now nationally known) in order to "prove how much of a bigot he is" or whatever?

If by next to, you mean their front lawn, then likely yes.  But you cannot cite a black man for enraging a white supremacist simply for using the same public bathroom while knowing that it will piss off the white supremacist to do so.

Edited by ERICOPOLY

9 hours ago, stahleyp said:

If someone is willing violating the 10 Commandments and killing innocent people, I highly, highly doubt they really have God in their hearts - regardless of what he or she claims.

The 10 Commandments was willingly violated by Moses when he took revenge under direct order to do so by God.  Then he just had his men cleansed if they took part in the killing.  Does this lead you to highly, highly doubt that Moses had God in his heart?  The 10 Commandments does not consider innocence.

Edited by ERICOPOLY

10 hours ago, stahleyp said:

There are a ton of stories about people who "transitioned" early in life who have a ton of health issues later one.

I know.  When I was at Microsoft the head of Internet Explorer for a time was Michael Wallent (who was up the chain from me).  His story is here:

https://hbr.org/2010/11/crucible-changing-gender-on-the-job

This is how that ended up:

"In March 2013, Wallent announced that, due to medical complications with hormones, he would be transitioning back to living as a man and reassuming the name "Michael""

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Wallent

Edited by ERICOPOLY

However if you don't take your ovaries out and live an infertile life you take the chance of ovarian cancer.  Same with men who don't have their testicles removed when they're young, they're taking a real risk of testicular cancer later on.

So there are examples, but what are the statistics.

10 hours ago, stahleyp said:

There are a ton of stories about people who "transitioned" early in life who have a ton of health issues later one.

And I think about 42,000 women die each year of breast cancer and this could have been entirely avoided with double mastectomies at a young age.  So I guess the point I'm making is that hormones cause the most health issues for those who have not transitioned. 

Edited by ERICOPOLY

16 hours ago, ERICOPOLY said:

The 10 Commandments was willingly violated by Moses when he took revenge under direct order to do so by God.  Then he just had his men cleansed if they took part in the killing.  Does this lead you to highly, highly doubt that Moses had God in his heart?  The 10 Commandments does not consider innocence.

Which of the 10 Commandments was violated by Moses?

14 hours ago, ERICOPOLY said:

And I think about 42,000 women die each year of breast cancer and this could have been entirely avoided with double mastectomies at a young age.  So I guess the point I'm making is that hormones cause the most health issues for those who have not transitioned. 

So you think, on average, a person who "transitions" has few health problems than people who don't? If not, why make that statement?