The Stahley Files - If You Participate in This Thread, You Cannot be Offended and Complain!

Parsad

Welcome to The Stahley Files, where Paul will engage you in his existential debates around morality and the non-existence of thereof.  As well as whatever else he wants to talk about without anyone complaining about him and getting him banned.  Cheers!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanj,

Thanks for allowing this. We all know that the main virtues of morality are inclusion, diversity, equity, social justice, tolerance and opened mindedness. CoBF really is a safe space and a beacon of hope for the most marginalized and oppressed. 

So, I'd like to focus on one of most marginalized groups - Minor Attracted Persons (MAPs). These folks are adults who are attracted to pre-adults. Evolution has selected them to be attracted to younger humans and that's okay. Why should they be shamed for their feelings? Why should they be fired from their jobs because some far-right hateful bigot thinks what they do is "wrong"?  Why should pre-adults not be able to chose who they love? Love wins and is the most important thing so why do some bigots want to force MAPs to not be themselves or live their truths?

Besides, relationships between adults and pre-adults have existed throughout time and in different cultures. Indeed, it was even well established in ancient Rome and Greece when people were more tolerant. Visionary leaders that helped shape today's policies would most certainly vouch for these including, but not limited geniuses like Harvey Milk and John Money. Even in the modern day, such successful people like Jeffrey Epstein and Prince Andrew also would endorse these polices. Perhaps even the very dear friends of the departed Epstein would also endorse supporting these folks like Mr. Gates and former Presidents Trump and Clinton? I don't know if they would but it would be interesting to get their opinions for sure. 

Thankfully, some well regarded and fully trustworthy sources are coming to the defense of the fine people. Namely, the illustrious USA Today for one:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/health-wellness/2022/01/10/pedophiles-pedophilia-sexual-disorder/8768423002/

So, who else on here wants to fight the the justice this poor, hated marginalized group deserves? 

• 5 months later...

I would just like to highlight the bravery and strength of this counselor! She is fighting against hate and bigotry. She is giving one of the most marginalized groups a voice! 

She even let's us know her pronouns (and look at those sweet tats!). If she runs for the Oval Office in 2024 (or ever really) she would probably win in a landslide. Love is love! ❤️

On 8/13/2022 at 10:07 PM, stahleyp said:

I would just like to highlight the bravery and strength of this counselor! She is fighting against hate and bigotry. She is giving one of the most marginalized groups a voice! 

She even let's us know her pronouns (and look at those sweet tats!). If she runs for the Oval Office in 2024 (or ever really) she would probably win in a landslide. Love is love! ❤️

They cant help it. They were born that way...right? Or am I confused on how to apply the propaganda and ridiculous excuse making for such behavior and lifestyle choices?

Paul, in the past you have said that morality comes from the Bible:

“You grew and developed and entered puberty. Your breasts had formed and your hair had grown. . . . Later I passed by, and when I looked at you and saw that you were old enough for love, I spread the corner of my garment over you” (Ezekiel 16:7–8).

Here is an evangelical MAP comparing his morals (justified by his reading of the Bible) to that of society's:

https://biblicalgenderroles.com/2017/11/14/was-roy-moore-violating-biblical-commands-in-dating-teenage-girls/

quoting:

"So yes if a man wants to marry some prepubescent girl he is in fact in violation of God’s law and that is “child marriage” we can all agree is wrong.

But our feminist and egalitarian culture has expanded the definition of how long girls remain children.  Our culture has expanded childhood for girls past the onset of puberty all the way to age 18."

19 hours ago, ERICOPOLY said:

Paul, in the past you have said that morality comes from the Bible:

“You grew and developed and entered puberty. Your breasts had formed and your hair had grown. . . . Later I passed by, and when I looked at you and saw that you were old enough for love, I spread the corner of my garment over you” (Ezekiel 16:7–8).

I have never said that. I have never thought that. 

I think our morality comes from God - which we can understand through our conscience. Essentially, God directs our conscience if we allow Him to. 

I say that because when I was agnostic, people thought I was a Christian because of the way I lived. I wasn't.  I could not have told you who Paul, Mark, Luke, John was. I knew some of them were "characters" of the Bible. I didn't even know Christians thought of Jesus as God.

So no, the Bible did not direct my morality. 

16 hours ago, ERICOPOLY said:

Here is an evangelical MAP comparing his morals (justified by his reading of the Bible) to that of society's:

https://biblicalgenderroles.com/2017/11/14/was-roy-moore-violating-biblical-commands-in-dating-teenage-girls/

quoting:

"So yes if a man wants to marry some prepubescent girl he is in fact in violation of God’s law and that is “child marriage” we can all agree is wrong.

But our feminist and egalitarian culture has expanded the definition of how long girls remain children.  Our culture has expanded childhood for girls past the onset of puberty all the way to age 18."

"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

Matthew 7:21

44 minutes ago, stahleyp said:

I think our morality comes from God - which we can understand through our conscience. Essentially, God directs our conscience if we allow Him to. 

Homosexuals take their morality from God which they can understand through their conscience.  They allow God to direct their conscience.

And what the Bible says about the matter is completely BS because it's not directly from God.

Edited by ERICOPOLY

On 8/15/2022 at 5:51 PM, Gregmal said:

They cant help it. They were born that way...right? Or am I confused on how to apply the propaganda and ridiculous excuse making for such behavior and lifestyle choices?

Yep, the propaganda is real. Genetics may explain "up to" 25% of one's sexual orientation. 

https://www.science.org/content/article/genetics-may-explain-25-same-sex-behavior-giant-analysis-reveals

6 minutes ago, ERICOPOLY said:

Are you sure about that?  You haven't referenced it before in your arguments against gay marriage?

I think morality is driven by our conscience. One can have a conscience about things without knowing about the Bible (like me). As one develops his or her relationship with God, He molds their conscience. I think everyone (even psychopaths) have a basic form of morality. It's up to each of us to grow that. 

I was pro-gay marriage before I found God. Now my opinion has changed. 

1 minute ago, stahleyp said:

I think morality is driven by our conscience. One can have a conscience about things without knowing about the Bible (like me). As one develops his or her relationship with God, He molds their conscience. I think everyone (even psychopaths) have a basic form of morality. It's up to each of us to grow that. 

I was pro-gay marriage before I found God. Now my opinion has changed. 

Homosexuals who do not have a conflict of conscience are proof that it is moral.

3 minutes ago, ERICOPOLY said:

Homosexuals who do not have a conflict of conscience are proof that it is moral.

I thought it was okay to sleep with my girlfriend too before I found faith. Everyone has a sense of morality. Some people have a higher form. I was wrong. 

In a more secular way to say it, everyone has a sense of ethics. Some people are more ethical than others. 

I thought it was okay to sleep with my girlfriend too before I found faith. Everyone has a sense of morality. Some people have a higher form. I was wrong. 

In a more secular way to say it, everyone has a sense of ethics. Some people are more ethical than others. 

And are you the more ethical?  Sounds very proud, a deadly sin.

2 minutes ago, ERICOPOLY said:

And are you the more ethical?  Sounds very proud, a deadly sin.

People have told me that. I have plenty of flaws though. But, I'm not ethical or good. Only God is. 

So, Eric, do you believe in moral truths?

Edited by stahleyp

2 minutes ago, stahleyp said:

People have told me that. I have plenty of flaws though. But, I'm not ethical or good. Only God is. 

So, Eric, do you believe in moral truths?

I have made all of my points on this topic years ago in a discussion with you.  

Just now, ERICOPOLY said:

Your position then is that homosexuals who have found faith and also have no conflict of conscience are proof that it is moral.

That is not proof. I can not see in their hearts. What comes out of one's mouth may or may not be true of reality. An alcoholic will say they can quit at anytime. People say they are happy and then commit suicide the next day after all. 

I seem to remember you doing what you're doing now - which is avoiding questions you don't like. 

You can search for the discussion.  I won't do the work for you if you're lazy.

Edited by ERICOPOLY