Canadian Truckers Freedom Convoy 2022

backtothebeach

6 hours ago, PacmanCFA said:

Nope. But clearly we have a different definition of infringement of rights. MY definition doesn't require anyone to inject themselves with something that DOES have risks and that HAS injured people permanently (whether you want to acknowledge them, roll your eyes, or not). I just have never thought to judge my family, friends, and neighbors with real concerns. 

Millions of cases per day. With such high vax rates lol. Basic math tells us that vaxxed are spreading it to the vaxxed. I can tell you personally that my vaxxed household got it from my vaxxed family over Christmas.

Everyone's getting it which is the main reason many (especially the young folks) are DONE. "Are you getting the booster?" is met with a big FAT F NO because people are believing their OWN eyes now. That's why the booster isn't mandatory lol. You can only push people's "mandatory" limits so far. 

I have all sorts of ideas that would make society 'better' and cause less healthcare strain. A fat-tax for the obese (obesity is the biggest risk factor for cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and osteoarthritis which are quite literally the TOP diagnoses for hospital care), banning alcohol, cigarettes, etc.

Do you REALLY want to go down the road of "those who strain the system more, pay more"? The way that breaks down probably isn't the way you'd like it to break down. 

As I said before, it is not only about straining resources.  Obesity, diabetes, osteoarthritis, etc do not infringe on the rights of others.  Smoking, in some cases alcohol (drunk driving), and Covid can infringe the rights of others.  So naturally, there should be mandates and rules around them.  I'm not sure how you can even argue that!

People who look after and deal with other people through their occupation or day to day responsibilities are essentially fiduciaries for those people.  If they expose them or hurt them in any way, they are no longer acting as fiduciaries and should be held responsible.  To me, a teacher or caregiver not getting vaccinated is the same as letting children run in the streets or incorrectly injecting a patient.  

Lastly, the vaccination mandates for Canadian truckers is no different than the U.S. mandate and many other western nations.  In other words, they aren't being asked to do anything that is out of the ordinary.  Cheers!

Let’s call this ludicrous protest what it really is...

A small bunch of truckers and radicals believe they have the education, research and expertise to tell the government of Canada how to manage a pandemic. What’s next, will we have truckers supervising doctors in the operating room?

The audacity is just mind blowing.

57 minutes ago, cwericb said:

A small bunch of truckers and radicals believe they have the education, research and expertise to tell the government of Canada how to manage a pandemic. What’s next, will we have truckers supervising doctors in the operating room?

The audacity is just mind blowing.

Hahaha. I'm telling you that it's neither small nor radical. And the people that support them are faaar greater in number and diversity than MSM says.

You say the audacity is mind blowing. You might $hit on their educations, expertise, etc. but that doesn't mean people can't CRITICALLY think at a high level. 

Just a TINY bit of skepticism and a look at the "science" we have now 3 YEARS IN (cloth masks don't do $hit, Pfizer 2-dose didn't do much on Omicron, you can wave your vaxx passport but still catch and spread it, John's Hopkins just said lockdowns don't work, other places in the world have BEEN open and are doing better) and you'll know why people are finally speaking up on the bureaucratic fukery. 

I say the TRUST in Canadian govt is mind blowing. All my homies do is flip on the TV, see packed stadiums around the world, and say WTF?! Or seeing the politicians who tell you to be afraid of covid gallivanting unmasked and CLEARLY not afraid of covid. 

I have left-leaning Jamaican, Indian, and Flip friends that were ALLL in rona 2 yrs ago who are going to shopping mall rallies tomorrow in support (STC and Vaughan Mills specifically). 😂

They're all vaxxed BTW (but you'd have to knock em out to get a booster). 

At the end of the day, this probably boils down to an age thing. 

3 hours ago, Parsad said:

Smoking, in some cases alcohol (drunk driving), and Covid can infringe the rights of others.  So naturally, there should be mandates and rules around them.  I'm not sure how you can even argue that!

I don't argue that. Yes. Blowing smoke in my face intentionally, knowing you have rona and coughing on me, driving drunk, punching me in the nuts all infringe on my rights. These are all ACTIVE assaults. But you're the one making the leap that NOT injecting myself with something that DOES have severe/life-threatening risks no matter how small (yes or no?) is infringing on your rights. I can't make that leap -- even as a vaxxed person. 

We just disagree here on who is doing the infringing. BTW, you won't even find Pfizer or big pharma claiming they either TESTED the rona vax for minimizing transmission or that it's effective in minimizing transmission (to their credit). 

3 hours ago, Parsad said:

To me, a teacher or caregiver not getting vaccinated is the same as letting children run in the streets or incorrectly injecting a patient.  

As a parent who's HYPER paranoid about cars on the street/car safety (because it's one of the leading causes of child deaths) and one who doesn't give crap about the vaccination status of adults around my kids (they've already had rona and the risks are basically 0%), we're definitely far from each other on that take. Haha. 

Agree to disagree. 

17 hours ago, cwericb said:

A small bunch of truckers and radicals believe they have the education, research and expertise to tell the government of Canada how to manage a pandemic.

The government and medical experts have fully embarrassed themselves through this entire thing. There is quite large numbers of bipartisan agreement, especially in the US, about how much of a disgrace the CDC has become and how unreliable they've been. Its amazing anyone still listens or holds them in high regards. 

Here's another on point take from liberal Bill Maher.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bill-maher-talks-view-cnn-044635882.html

Wrapping up his show, Maher took a cynical look at the mixed message on the pandemic being delivered by some in government and health officials. That’s even as certain leaders appear maskless at public events, and rules abound about wearing masks in restaurants while walking to your table, but not while eating or drinking, all of which defy common sense.

While some other countries are scaling back and relaxing pandemic protocols, certain areas of the US refuse to budge. “We are afraid to identify threats by likelihood,” Maher said. “When people ask me why are you so skeptical of what medical professionals tell us? I’ve seen this before,” he said, citing the HIV panic in 1987, wherein some predicted a wave of hetrosexual transmission that never materialized.

Maher called for an end to fear campaigns, pointing out that the likely targets for Covid-19 health problems – the elderly, the obese, the unvaccinated – were not his responsibility at this point.

“Doesn’t it make more sense to let the rest of us go back to living normal lives?” he asked. “There will always be another variant.”

Maher called for a return to “something like normal,” and pointed out the various times the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have delivered wrong messages.

“We’ve had this problem in medicine for a long time,” he said. “The same people who always say get a second opinion want only one in the public debate. They have not earned the right to claim monopoly status.”

Edited by Gregmal

On 2/3/2022 at 1:38 AM, Parsad said:

On December 18th, my 96 year old grandmother entered hospital with Covid.  Why?  Because my anti-vaxxer jackass uncle, who she lives with, passed it on...or his unvaccinated wife...or perhaps his two school-age children who weren't vaccinated at the time.  He didn't take her to get vaccinated over the last year, so she was vulnerable.  She doesn't go anywhere, so it originated from one of the family members. 

The four family members are all fine, but my grandmother nearly lost her life over the holidays.  After a few weeks, she was sent home, but on Sunday went back to hospital due to the respiratory issues she developed when she had Covid.  We hope she recovers, but we don't know if she will.

So your studies might support your argument that young people have low morbidity rates from Covid, but the problem is that they can pass it on to other vulnerable people (vaccinated or unvaccinated).  My uncle nearly killed his own mother, and we aren't out of the woods. 

On top of that, over the last 55 days or so since my grandmother originally became ill, she has occupied a hospital bed for 25 of those days...a bed that someone else could have used, and resources that could have been made available to others who weren't infected by a poor decision that could have been prevented.

So people can argue all they want about freedom of choice, co-morbidities, etc...truth is that the unvaccinated continue transmission and mutation of the virus, which will continue to make people sick and will kill some of them. 

Do I believe it is time to start living with the virus, and start to open things up?  Yes.  But I also believe there should be mandatory vaccinations as we open things up, and those that choose not to get vaccinated, will be treated accordingly...last in line for hospital beds and medical resources; termination from workplaces that require vaccinations to protect their clients/patients including schools, senior homes, hospital facilities, etc; elimination of EI benefits if terminated for not being unvaccinated; prevented from entering group settings like arenas, theatres, restaurants, cafes, government offices, etc if unvaccinated and more!  

Cheers! 

Hey Parsad, let me just say that I hope your grandmother is fine, or getting better!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gregmal said:

Anyone find it amusing how Zalensky is willing to die in Ukraine while the Northern Hero Trudeau goes into hiding because of a bunch of peaceful truckers protesting LOL. 

pretty funny indeed