Paul Ryan researched narcissistic personality disorder after Trump win: book

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/572531-paul-ryan-researched-narcissistic-personality-disorder-after-trump-win-book

Former Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) started researching how to interact with people with narcissistic personality disorder after President Trump's win in 2016, a new book by journalists Bob Woodward and Robert Costa reportedly reveals. 

Business Insider obtained a copy of their book, "Peril," and reported that Ryan was caught off guard by Trump's win against Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. But, realizing that he was going to need to work with Trump and since the GOP control both the House and the Senate, Ryan started to research how to work with someone "amoral and transactional," according to the book. 

Ryan was also reportedly told by a wealthy doctor, a Republican donor, that he needed "to understand what narcissistic personality disorder is." The doctor explained his "thoughts on how to best deal with a person with anti-social personality disorder" in an email, with links to articles and information about the disorder, according to the book.

Anyone that doesn't understand that Trump suffers from several mental issues, either doesn't understand the issues or has been brain washed to the point of denial. 

I have some background in psychology and on several occasions, dating back to when Trump was running for the nomination, I posted the definitions of some of his mental issues. I think it is telling that none of his supporters ever tried to refute the fact that he is a very disturbed individual. But don't take my word for it, look at what his niece Mary - a trained psychologist who has known him personally has said about him.

Anyone who wastes time on stuff like this is, well, just wasting their time. Just more political spin. Who cares. Does anyone respect Paul Ryan? Folks like him, and Liz Cheney, and the rest of the born and raised establishment silver spooners can fall in a ditch and stay there. Total lowlifes. What did these folks ever do to deserve their pedestals...but yet they've convinced folks theyre special and now write books that people pay for and talk about LOL. At least Pocahontas Warren actually was a deranged home flipper. AOC an ambitious and spirited little girl. Trump was hands down the guy you wanted to do a NYC development in the 80s. Even guys like Arnold in CA...at least they did something on their own. The Bidens, Ryans, Mcconells, Cheney....worthless scum whose opinions mean less than nothing to me. 

17 hours ago, Gregmal said:

Anyone who wastes time on stuff like this is, well, just wasting their time. Just more political spin. Who cares. Does anyone respect Paul Ryan? Folks like him, and Liz Cheney, and the rest of the born and raised establishment silver spooners can fall in a ditch and stay there. Total lowlifes. What did these folks ever do to deserve their pedestals...but yet they've convinced folks theyre special and now write books that people pay for and talk about LOL. At least Pocahontas Warren actually was a deranged home flipper. AOC an ambitious and spirited little girl. Trump was hands down the guy you wanted to do a NYC development in the 80s. Even guys like Arnold in CA...at least they did something on their own. The Bidens, Ryans, Mcconells, Cheney....worthless scum whose opinions mean less than nothing to me. 

Well there you have it. Those folks are "born and raised establishment silver spooners ", " deranged home flipper", "...little girl", "worthless scum".

And this is the considered opinion of someone who so strongly supported a mentally deranged president who went  broke several times and spouted the most rediculous lies that some swallowed hook, line and sinker.

Well yea, look what you have in office now LOL Trump aint looking so bad anymore! Dems can kiss the House goodbye in 22 and if they dont get their act in order everything goes red in 24. People are starting to see all the fake crisis folks like you repeatedly blasted from your megaphones during the Trump term pale in comparison to what the current guy is doing. You still believe Biden got those ISIS terrorists in the drone strike?

2 hours ago, Gregmal said:

"... Trump aint looking so bad anymore! ...  You still believe Biden got those ISIS terrorists in the drone strike?

Hard to believe that you are still pumping that mentally ill, narcissistic sociopath of a former President and still won't admit what a gong show fiasco his single term turned out to be. Guess you still think it was a shame the election was stolen from him. And yeah, Trump is still looks like the mentally ill nutbar many of us knew he was.

Regarding the drone strike, do you actually think that Biden sits in some drone control room in Nevada or somewhere controlling every drone? Or do you think that the military call the Pres every time they make a move ...

"Hey Joe, Lt. Bobby Jones here at Drone Control in Nevada,... Yeah, nice day ain't it ... Yup ... How's the wife and kids? Oh yeah, ... aa huh ... that's good. Listen Joe, I got this here car on Route 6 in Afghanistan, Think it might be an ISIS crew, just wondering if I should take him out or not?"

"Bobby, can you hold on for a minute, I got a call coming in from a C-17 wondering if he should take off from Kabul ... I'll get right back to you... "

LOL how embarrassing. I throw a tennis ball and my dog runs where it goes. The media finds a story top tell about Trump and you get manipulated into an emotional frenzy at the snap of their fingers and go into these sad tizzies. How embarrassing.

We're more than half a year into Bidens presidency and still, all you can do is obsess over Trump. Where you literally blamed one person for a virus(LOL, not to mention a million other absurd things, half of which after the fact have been shown to have been fabricated) now you hold Biden accountable for nothing and make excuses for him. Its hilarious and sad at the same time. On and on you go about Trump lied, blah, blah, blah...and now Biden blatantly lied about a drone strike killing terrorists and not only do we not have a peep from you, but you're saying its not his fault. Remember Trumps drone strike? Wiped out an enemy without a peep and then your kind complained that he didnt go to congress(who would have leaked it to their media friends anyway)...its just crazy all the shit you whined about and now you support some senile fool who's creating REAL issues and cant even speak on his own accord...he's literally given a third party written script and the second he tries to go off and get candid or answer an impromptu question they cut his mike! 

What do you think about his new border policy? Im sure when he reinstitute the remain in Mexico policy you'll call him a hero and genius!

So yea, as far as mentally ill nutbars....its clear who they are. They ones that give the media and others so much power over them that stupid, uncorroborated, tabloid level stories get them so worked up! Ever hear of Pavlovs Dogs? Like I said, have some respect for yourself and snap out of it. Stop giving these people such an easy map and letting them manipulate you.

Jeez, don't you think you need to take a step back? Perhaps you might have things a little backwards?

Think about it. Who immediately jumps in to defend Trump whenever anyone criticizes him. Talk about Pavlov and conditioned responses.

At least the dogs were likely mentally stable and weren’t compulsive liars.

I’m not a particular fan of Biden, but in comparison to Trump, well the bar is pretty low. Only those with pretty low standards would continue to defend Trump.

You talk about “Trump’s” drone strike and  “Biden’s” drone strike. Do you really think these guys sit around in the White House directing every military action? It is more than likely that the first either knew of those strikes was when they were advised by the military.

So now if we could return to the subject on hand, as embarrassing as it may be to those in denial ...

“Former Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) started researching how to interact with people with narcissistic personality disorder after President Trump's win in 2016 ..."

Huh? What are you even talking about? I moved on from Trump the second he was out of office. Check the topics? Who's posting Trump threads? Who's giving a shit about what some loser like Paul Ryan has to say in a book thats being sold to the TDS crowd? I dont care about Trump if he's not in the WH and may only start to give him credence again should it become likely he gets back in. Otherwise its just not important to me. I just get great amusement out of how much you guys lost your shit and still do over little girl level gossip like "OMG so and so said he did this!"...and then you have this bumbling idiot in Biden who's not even allowed to talk without permission and you have nothing to say.......Literally 90% of your posts on COBF have to do with Trump! But whats a fellow to do?

Perhaps you should just review your posts on this thread.  I don’t think you even realize that you keep defending him. You think I am obsessed with him? Why do you respond every time his name appears in a post? Does TDS stand for Trump Defense Syndrome? Here is some of your quotes just on this thread...

“Trump was hands down the guy you wanted to do a NYC development in the 80s.”
“Trump aint looking so bad anymore!”
“Remember Trumps drone strike?...
“...  all the fake crisis folks like you repeatedly blasted from your megaphones during the Trump term pale in comparison to what the current guy is doing”

And on the subject of the topic:
Paul Ryan researched narcissistic personality disorder after Trump win.
You response: “Just more political spin.”

I have said all along that Trump has serious mental problems, you refuse to accept that no matter who says it. Whenever the subject is raised you skirt the matter, but continue to defend him. Will you be jumping back on his bandwagon if Trump or a family member takes a run at the next presidential nomination?

It is probably time to move on...

Edited by cwericb
7 hours ago, cwericb said:

Here is some of your quotes just on this thread...

“Trump was hands down the guy you wanted to do a NYC development in the 80s.”
“Trump aint looking so bad anymore!”
“Remember Trumps drone strike?...
“...  all the fake crisis folks like you repeatedly blasted from your megaphones during the Trump term pale in comparison to what the current guy is doing”

And which of these are inaccurate? I've stated repeatedly that the majority of Trumps policies I found to be solid. 

Whereas...you, have continued to make a total fool out of yourself whining and emotionally ranting repeatedly about "Trumps a liar", "Trumps a narcissist", etc. Please refute that:

1) you've repeated blamed Trump from covid, even though it came from China and most likely leaked from a lab

2) you've repeated claimed "Trump killed (insert current number of covid deaths) people"...

3) you've repeatedly harped on stories that have turned out to be completely fabricated by media folks and politicians who dislike Trump

4) over 90% of your posts since 2016 on COBF are about Trump

Indeed, probably time to move on. 

4 hours ago, Gregmal said:

And which of these are inaccurate? I've stated repeatedly that the majority of Trumps policies I found to be solid. 

Whereas...you, have continued to make a total fool out of yourself whining and emotionally ranting repeatedly about "Trumps a liar", "Trumps a narcissist", etc. Please refute that:

1) you've repeated blamed Trump from covid, even though it came from China and most likely leaked from a lab

2) you've repeated claimed "Trump killed (insert current number of covid deaths) people"...

3) you've repeatedly harped on stories that have turned out to be completely fabricated by media folks and politicians who dislike Trump

4) over 90% of your posts since 2016 on COBF are about Trump

Indeed, probably time to move on. 

Once again, the subject here is: Paul Ryan researched narcissistic personality disorder after Trump win

However, you do everything you can to avoid the topic of Trump's mental stability and try to deflect by making it personally about someone else. So since you have chosen to attack me, here we go again ...

“..you, have continued to make a total fool out of yourself whining and emotionally ranting repeatedly about "Trumps a liar", "Trumps a narcissist", etc.”

Well do you, or do you not, believe Trump is a liar and a narcissist? Or as usual, do you simply avoid the question?

“1) you've repeated blamed Trump from covid, even though it came from China and most likely leaked from a lab”

Don’t be ridiculous. At no time have I ever blamed Trump for Covid.  I have blamed Trump for trivializing the dangers of Covid and his handling of the pandemic. As I have previously said, no doubt the disease came from China, but when you have to twist the facts to support your accusations you simply echo the tactics of your guy Trump.  

Again you resort to hyperbole rather than facts. However, because of his stance on Covid he certainly bares some responsibility for many deaths. If you can’t understand that, then that’s your problem.

Seriously? Like what? You, on the other hand along with another poster jumped on every little bit of news about the election being “rigged” and how the election was going to be overturned in the courts. How did that work out? All the courts were rigged against him?

4) over 90% of your posts since 2016 on COBF are about Trump

And you are, and have been, one of the most prolific posters on the Political Forum.

++++++++++++++++++  But here is the real question  +++++++++++++++++++

This topic is about Trump’s mental issues. You jumped right on board to defend Trump and then tried to deflect from any discussion of Trump’s mental problems by resorting to calling people childish names - (and again, you take another page right out of Trump's playbook, which is rather telling).

“Pocahontas Warren”,
“AOC an ambitious and spirited little girl.”
“Bidens, Ryans, Mcconells, Cheney....worthless scum”
"born and raised establishment silver spooners ",
" deranged home flipper"

Those are your own words - or are they Trumps?

So why is it that any time someone comments of Trumps mental problems you react by defending him and attempt to change the focus by attacking those who question his mental stability?

Edited by cwericb

He made some good policy decisions but unfortunately the power of the commander in chief is too much for me to hand over to a crazy person.  So I voted against him.

I look forward to voting Republican when someone better comes along.

The Republicans need a two term president and this guy's going to be how old in 2024?

Biden's old so bring out a spring chicken to beat him, not your oldest candidate ever.  Trump will be 78 in 2024. 

Just after repeating endlessly that Biden was too old at 78 in 2020...  the Republicans will answer with 78 yr old Trump in 2024.

Edited by ERICOPOLY

I rather thought Paul Ryan seemed to be a good candidate, but I think he disappointed a lot of people when he bowed down to Trump. No doubt he realized that if he didn't get out of there his political aspirations were likely over.  It will be interesting to see how much influence Trump has on the party going forward.