The Buck Stops Here!

He more I think about it this vaccine mandate and $14k/employee fine is ridiculous. 

im all for the vaccine and have nothing against employers doing it. This just seems like the worst way to promote the vaccine. It’s pretty much a cop out by the feds admitting they botched the whole thing and now they’re gonna weigh corporate America down with it

1. Forces businesses to do what the government is incapable of 
  2. Fines business to what the government is incapable of.
  3. pits employers vs. employees
  4. adds an administrative burden on smaller employers
  5. isolates people who may genuinely fear the vaccine
  6. Tail risk of higher unemployment - you’re basically incentivizing folks them to quit and claim benefits.

There’s probably more to it but thhe incentives here seem jacked up. And hen there’s the slippery slope, what else arE the feds gonna mandate through osha/dol. Tax people individually fo not getting it, tax deductions for people who do get it, tax deductions for small business who have high vaccine rates - seems like there are other ways with better incentives.

1 hour ago, hasilp89 said:

He more I think about it this vaccine mandate and $14k/employee fine is ridiculous. 

im all for the vaccine and have nothing against employers doing it. This just seems like the worst way to promote the vaccine. It’s pretty much a cop out by the feds admitting they botched the whole thing and now they’re gonna weigh corporate America down with it

1. Forces businesses to do what the government is incapable of 
  2. Fines business to what the government is incapable of.
  3. pits employers vs. employees
  4. adds an administrative burden on smaller employers
  5. isolates people who may genuinely fear the vaccine
  6. Tail risk of higher unemployment - you’re basically incentivizing folks them to quit and claim benefits.

There’s probably more to it but thhe incentives here seem jacked up. And hen there’s the slippery slope, what else arE the feds gonna mandate through osha/dol. Tax people individually fo not getting it, tax deductions for people who do get it, tax deductions for small business who have high vaccine rates - seems like there are other ways with better incentives.

It's just another OSHA regulation to keep the workplace safe.  Nothing new about it in terms of holding businesses accountable for OSHA violations:  there are lots of OSHA regulations a business can get fined for.  

Edited by ERICOPOLY
8 hours ago, ERICOPOLY said:

It's just another OSHA regulation to keep the workplace safe.  Nothing new about it in terms of holding businesses accountable for OSHA violations:  there are lots of OSHA regulations a business can get fined for.  

Cool I’ll add it to the list of things I need to read this week before I start a business in this country - https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1910

Sure there’s lots of them but it doesn’t mean they all make sense.

wild to me how people are ok with so much damn regulation like it protects them from ever slip and fall. At some point you disincentivize business formation with this crap, heck might have already happened. How many less educated folks have the resources to start a business now with all the damn regulations we have. Then we complain about income inequality.

again I’m ok with employers deciding to mandate it. We are 90% there, but it’s not easy if you have a great employee who’s been with you for 15 years that you have to put out of their livelihood because their genuinely scared. 

2 hours ago, hasilp89 said:

again I’m ok with employers deciding to mandate it. We are 90% there, but it’s not easy if you have a great employee who’s been with you for 15 years that you have to put out of their livelihood because their genuinely scared. 

They are afraid it will make them magnetic.  The country cannot cater to every crackpot fear.

Don't forget that all those injections are actually just a government excuse to inject chips into everyone so that the government can track us. And this they know is true because they saw it on Facebook, not those fake news networks.