Jump to content

The Mess in Afghanistan


Recommended Posts

These 16 Republicans voted against speeding up visas for Afghans fleeing the Taliban

Some of the Republican House members who this week excoriated President Joe Biden's strategy to pull U.S. troops out of Afghanistan and evacuate Afghan civilians voted last month against legislation to speed up the visa application process for Afghan citizens.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/08/17/16-republicans-voted-against-special-visas-help-afghanistan-people/8163392002/

Edited by ERICOPOLY
Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean I dont exactly blame people who are skeptical of allowing Afghan "refugees" into the country. Based on the execution of the withdrawal, as well as the risks associated with screening/background checks on those incoming(especially in light of the incompetence of this administration)...you could very well be opening the country up to more attacks. Would it really be that hard to Trojan horse a few terrorists into the county as refugees? 

I think its certainly enlightening the country though. You'd had the media and pundits crying wolf about Trump and all the issues he was causing, but in reality you look at it and the best they could come up with was some retarded blame game where they tried to convince some dumb people that Trump killed 400k via a freakin virus that came from China. Now, there's real death that is directly the result of incompetence and negligence. People complained about Trump ripping into freeloading allies and how America was alienating itself from its allies. Now, you have Mr. "Uhmerica, eh, uh, is back!" abandoning people who have put their lives on the line, leaving them to die, giving the enemies lists of their names(LOL WTF). 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-joe-biden-broke-nato-allies-boris-johnson-angela-merkel-emmanuel-macron-11629406300

 

So after 4 years of literally attempting to manufacture negligence and incompetence caused disaster and crisis(a period during which ISIS was virtually eliminated)...now they're getting a first hand view of it. On day one Joe deliberately created a border crisis and now half a year in really, actually, like, not "told people they didnt have to wear masks, dur".. but actually, had people slaughtered. 

Edited by Gregmal
Link to post
Share on other sites

Military leaders have a lot to account for. This was a mess from the start of the withdrawal. Why would they abandon their main air base before getting everyone out of the country? AND why did they abandon billions of dollars of equipment and leave it for the Taliban in usable condition? Unless I am missing something it just makes no sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy ran on "the buck stops here"...

he's made "ending covid" a point of obsession since taking office even though the Xmas/New Years spike + plus vaccines basically meant it was already gonna be over for those that wanted it to be soon enough, he's gone so far out of his way to undo just about EVERY single Trump policy....except Afghan apparently because undoing border policy and showerhead regulations is cool but for some reason he wanted to keep this one...but its not his fault its Trumps and he relied on military advice LOL

and yet there really isnt one thing he doesnt just turn around and blame on someone else. Its incredible. Nothing is ever his fault. For all the Trump haters..this is Trump 2.0 except with horrid policies. 

The crazy part is I believe him. His mental capacity is so clearly diminished that I have no doubt theres others behind the scenes calling the shots. And whats more, is I dont want him relieved because the replacement is that cackling idiot who thinks everything is funny. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2021 at 12:53 PM, Gregmal said:

This guy ran on "the buck stops here"...

he's made "ending covid" a point of obsession since taking office even though the Xmas/New Years spike + plus vaccines basically meant it was already gonna be over for those that wanted it to be soon enough, he's gone so far out of his way to undo just about EVERY single Trump policy....except Afghan apparently because undoing border policy and showerhead regulations is cool but for some reason he wanted to keep this one...but its not his fault its Trumps and he relied on military advice LOL

and yet there really isnt one thing he doesnt just turn around and blame on someone else. Its incredible. Nothing is ever his fault. For all the Trump haters..this is Trump 2.0 except with horrid policies. 

The crazy part is I believe him. His mental capacity is so clearly diminished that I have no doubt theres others behind the scenes calling the shots. And whats more, is I dont want him relieved because the replacement is that cackling idiot who thinks everything is funny. 

You mean the Trump policies of not having to wear masks...and essentially telling people not to get the vaccine.  Only now, in the last four weeks, has Trump started telling his supporters to get the vaccine.  These huge spikes in the Delta variant, are a result of the masses of Trump supporters not wearing masks, not social distancing and not getting vaccinated.  

You keep calling Biden an incapacitated fool, and he very well might be...but you keep ignoring the fact that the guy before him created much of the mess here...including the withdrawal from Afghanistan because of the agreement Trump signed with the Taliban.  And why are you even concerned about possible terrorist attacks or violence in the Middle East...didn't Kushner solve all of the problems there already?  Cheers!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2021 at 1:18 PM, cwericb said:

AND why did they abandon billions of dollars of equipment and leave it for the Taliban in usable condition? 

Wasn't this the Afghan military abandoning the equipment that the US had supplied?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ERICOPOLY said:

Wasn't this the Afghan military abandoning the equipment that the US had supplied?

 

My understanding is that the US military is either: 

(1) grossly negligent in leaving the equipment for whoever came for it, or

(2) grossly negligent in their assessment of the Afghan military.

Or both.

I have not heard that the Afghan military was trained in the operation of Blackhawk helicopters. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Parsad said:

You mean the Trump policies of not having to wear masks...and essentially telling people not to get the vaccine.  Only now, in the last four weeks, has Trump started telling his supporters to get the vaccine.  These huge spikes in the Delta variant, are a result of the masses of Trump supporters not wearing masks, not social distancing and not getting vaccinated.  

You keep calling Biden an incapacitated fool, and he very well might be...but you keep ignoring the fact that the guy before him created much of the mess here...including the withdrawal from Afghanistan because of the agreement Trump signed with the Taliban.  And why are you even concerned about possible terrorist attacks or violence in the Middle East...didn't Kushner solve all of the problems there already?  Cheers!

Exactly. How soon some like to forget when it is convenient to do so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cwericb said:

My understanding is that the US military is either: 

(1) grossly negligent in leaving the equipment for whoever came for it, or

(2) grossly negligent in their assessment of the Afghan military.

Or both.

I have not heard that the Afghan military was trained in the operation of Blackhawk helicopters. 

The Taliban can't use those helicopters because they won't be able to maintain them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ERICOPOLY said:

This chaotic defeat/withdrawal is because of Art of the Clusterfuck who agreed to a deadline.

He is great at making deals...just shitty ones that f**k everyone over who have to live with it! 

That being said, Biden and his Generals could have handled the withdrawal far better than they did.  It looked a lot like Somalia or Tehran! 

"They'll never be able to use that equipment again!"...until you see the Taliban flying around in a U.S. helicopter.  Really?!  Either the Taliban have better mechanics than the U.S. or somebody screwed the pooch when making all of that equipment unusable.  Cheers!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2021 at 9:22 AM, cwericb said:

Exactly. How soon some like to forget when it is convenient to do so.

Uhm, no one, despite you all acting like its a foregone conclusion..has demonstrated masks are effective. Even Fauci has echoed this, and on a personal level I have a number of family and friends who do direct work in a lot of these fields who say that MAYBE you are looking at a 10% improvement IF USED PROPERLY...which the majority of the population doesnt. 

 

You're again deranged about the vaccines...Trump pumped the vaccine as probably his greatest achievement in office and it was clear early on...because he announced it...the he was a fan of it and both he and his family got vaccinated. 

As I said earlier...the majority of Trump policy was actually quite sound...it was his style and personality that turned people off. And its amazing that even to this day you guys act like there was this same mess under him LOL. Its incredible but not shocking. Then again some of you folks said Trump was directly responsible for covid deaths..so I dont even know if you guys warrant a response. 

Biden could rip up the Trump policy on everything from shower heads to immigration....but his hands were tied here? GTFO

 

So no, not "how soon we forget"...its "how delusional we remain"...Biden is a disaster and the only thing keeping him there is that his VP is an even bigger mess. 

Edited by Gregmal
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...