Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, ERICOPOLY said:

My daughter has a 14 yr old female friend from school who's guardians (Aunt/Uncle) are huge Trump supporters.  Her uncle told her that if she gets vaccinated she will be kicked out of the house.  I asked her why her uncle didn't vote Trump out of the White House for getting vaccinated.  Seriously, what's wrong with these morons?

Not only is Trump vaccinated...Melania and Ivanka are vaccinated...Eric is vaccinated (jumped the queue in Chicago)...Barron had Covid, so not sure if he has gotten a vaccine...Jared is almost certainly vaccinated...and I would imagine Don Jr. is vaccinated if Eric and his father got one.

The morons are on both sides of the fence...remember when Robert Kennedy Jr. was asked to work and advise Trump due to Kennedy Jr's anti-vax stance.  They come in all shapes and sizes, and parties!  Cheers!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I definitely think this is the risk. I actually kind of agree with where @musclemans head is at, although perhaps he is trying too hard to get the current data interpretations there. But for sure you

Posted Images

Totally!  No different from having a rule of no bare midriffs.

A Texas School Made Masks Part Of Its Dress Code To Get Around Gov. Abbott's Ban

"Now you have officials at the local level saying, at least if you're not going to help us, get out of the way

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/18/1028760318/paris-texas-school-district-mandate-masks-dress-code-gov-abbott-ban

Edited by ERICOPOLY
Link to post
Share on other sites

A COVID related thought that I have been considering lately.

Generally when thinking about the course COVID will take we consider the path previous Coronaviruses have taken (such as those taken by the Spanish flu H1N1, Hong Kong Flu H3N2). We have a few waves, and then it eventually peters out to something that is 'manageable'.

With evidence increasingly pointing to this being a virus that was worked on in a lab, i.e. did not emerge 100% naturally, I wonder how much we can really draw from past experience in predicting how COVID will evolve over time.

Could we get something significantly worse than Delta? Time will tell...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maplevalue said:

A COVID related thought that I have been considering lately.

Generally when thinking about the course COVID will take we consider the path previous Coronaviruses have taken (such as those taken by the Spanish flu H1N1, Hong Kong Flu H3N2). We have a few waves, and then it eventually peters out to something that is 'manageable'.

With evidence increasingly pointing to this being a virus that was worked on in a lab, i.e. did not emerge 100% naturally, I wonder how much we can really draw from past experience in predicting how COVID will evolve over time.

Could we get something significantly worse than Delta? Time will tell...

I definitely think this is the risk. I actually kind of agree with where @musclemans head is at, although perhaps he is trying too hard to get the current data interpretations there. But for sure you have to look for this. The media and government are actively lying and campaigning for a certain outcome. However IF, and thats the only variable that matters, this is lab manipulated, the potential outcomes are VERY different than what folks may think. I dont see evidence of it yet, but its for sure a risk. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The lab conspiracy is gaining in popularity I believe due to media pressure from conservative news sites which sell to an audience for profit, and it's not the only conspiracy that sells to these people and they push many conspiracies because their viewers enjoy it and seem addicted to ever more grandiose conspiracies.  Much like the progression of porn addiction to ever more creative sex.

Edited by ERICOPOLY
Link to post
Share on other sites

Alabama hospitals have run out of ICU beds as COVID-19 cases spike there, putting a renewed strain on the state's health care system.

There were negative 29 intensive care unit beds available on Wednesday night, according to the Alabama Hospital Association and the Alabama Department of Public Health. That means there were 29 more patients in need of ICU care than there were beds available.

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/19/1029260134/alabama-hospitals-icu-beds

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ERICOPOLY said:

Alabama hospitals have run out of ICU beds as COVID-19 cases spike there, putting a renewed strain on the state's health care system.

There were negative 29 intensive care unit beds available on Wednesday night, according to the Alabama Hospital Association and the Alabama Department of Public Health. That means there were 29 more patients in need of ICU care than there were beds available.

 

Yes. Less than 50% of the people in Alabama are vaccinated, so it is no surprise the virus is spreading widely and filling up hospital facilities that others may need urgently.

It takes a very selfish person to refuse to be vaccinated when we know that the virus is primarily being spread among the unvaccinated.

For those who say, “I won’t get vaccinated because the vaccine hasn’t been proven”, here is a news flash for you: Covid 19 has been proven, it can make people very sick and it can kill them. The unvaccinated can also kill others by spreading the virus to them.

SO: Suck it up, get vaccinated and act like a responsible members of society.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cwericb said:

Yes. Less than 50% of the people in Alabama are vaccinated, so it is no surprise the virus is spreading widely and filling up hospital facilities that others may need urgently.

It takes a very selfish person to refuse to be vaccinated when we know that the virus is primarily being spread among the unvaccinated.

For those who say, “I won’t get vaccinated because the vaccine hasn’t been proven”, here is a news flash for you: Covid 19 has been proven, it can make people very sick and it can kill them. The unvaccinated can also kill others by spreading the virus to them.

SO: Suck it up, get vaccinated and act like a responsible members of society.

 

They can't see past themselves.  But I don't wanna!  Freedom!

Newsflash dipshits:  freedom isn't free

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ERICOPOLY said:

They can't see past themselves.  But I don't wanna!  Freedom!

Newsflash dipshits:  freedom isn't free

These self centered people are only concerned about their own freedom. They care not for the freedom of others. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"

"Alabama doctor pledges to stop treating unvaccinated patients

Dr. Jason Valentine said in a letter to patients that he could not watch more of them "die from an eminently preventable disease."
 
"Valentine is not the only physician in Alabama to post on social media about the importance of vaccinations.

In a Facebook post in late July, Dr. Brytney Cobia pleaded with skeptics to get vaccinated because she was tired of seeing young, unvaccinated patients pay the ultimate price."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cwericb said:

"

"Alabama doctor pledges to stop treating unvaccinated patients

Dr. Jason Valentine said in a letter to patients that he could not watch more of them "die from an eminently preventable disease."
 
"Valentine is not the only physician in Alabama to post on social media about the importance of vaccinations.

In a Facebook post in late July, Dr. Brytney Cobia pleaded with skeptics to get vaccinated because she was tired of seeing young, unvaccinated patients pay the ultimate price."

 

 

From the article you posted, Alabama GOP governor apparently realizes that her voting base has common nonsense:

Also last month, Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey, a Republican, blamed the unvaccinated for the state’s rise in coronavirus infection rates. Alabama's vaccination rate, which was about 36 percent as of Friday, is among the lowest in the country.

"Folks are supposed to have common sense," she told a reporter in response to a question about what it's going to take for people to get vaccinated.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Florida Mayor Says Save Water Because Of The COVID-19 Surge

The Orlando Utility Commission treats the city's water with liquid oxygen and supplies that ordinarily go toward water treatment have been diverted to hospitals for patients suffering from the virus, Mayor Buddy Dyer said.

 

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/20/1029916190/save-water-because-covid-19-orlando-florida-oxygen

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if we could get a pool going to wager on the number of newsrooms where some clown queen editor is barking orders at the poorly paid minions of "go get me a story of an unvaccinated young person in a red state who's died or in ICU, NOW!"....They wonder why there's skepticism amongst folks, and its in large part because its been politicized and turned into tabloid fodder. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gregmal said:

I wonder if we could get a pool going to wager on the number of newsrooms where some clown queen editor is barking orders at the poorly paid minions of "go get me a story of an unvaccinated young person in a red state who's died or in ICU, NOW!"....They wonder why there's skepticism amongst folks, and its in large part because its been politicized and turned into tabloid fodder. 

Agreed, but we know who politicized it in the first place.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally. Im actually pleased that Biden won because I dont think the coastal areas could have dealt with another round of lockdowns and mask mandates this fall/winter. 

Edited by Gregmal
Link to post
Share on other sites

COVID-19 Booster Shots Will Roll Out In September In The U.S.

COVID-19 booster shots of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are set to become available for all U.S. adults beginning next month, the country's top health officials announced Wednesday.

 

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/08/18/1028798003/covid-19-booster-shots-roll-out-september-moderna-pfizer

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...