Coronavirus

Parsad

26 minutes ago, meiroy said:

A new wave is beginning. Winter is coming.

I'd be paying very close attention to this situation if I were having any short or medium term options play...

Not sure what's going to happen though.

There would be massive pushback against more quarantines.

Probably just everyone getting sick, even those with only two jabs without a booster.

Can this happen in the USA?

Me, I have a preexisting condition.  Not saying what it is.  I've had my booster.

Scientists detect new COVID-19 variant in South Africa with ‘very unusual’ mutations

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/scientists-detect-a-new-variant-in-south-africa-with-very-unusual-mutations

As the virus evolves the mutations will become worse in terms of transmissibility (natural selection after all). The future is uncertain (unless you are a central banker who perfectly knows what the future holds!).

I hope you're right, Greg. It's still unclear.

image.thumb.png.a72e1f878a3aaf2c9d1bbd2c2a412505.png

Personally, I think this is war and it should be treated as such. By now, there should have been governments led system in place. There isn't.  

The only country that has taken this approach is China which is doing just fine, while the rest of the world is just fucking around.

Its fair and all to be concerned but whats the end game? They use this as a power grab again, lock people down, some people get scared and sell their stocks, and I go back to Florida...so this is basically another wave and all that comes with it? Big whoop. We are already seeing the predicted uptick in the Northeastern states, vaccines and all. Haven't people come to terms with what this is yet?

And if it is.....man this really would be a nail in the coffin of the 2022 mid terms. 

On 11/26/2021 at 5:50 AM, Gregmal said:

Its fair and all to be concerned but whats the end game? They use this as a power grab again, lock people down, some people get scared and sell their stocks, and I go back to Florida...so this is basically another wave and all that comes with it? Big whoop. We are already seeing the predicted uptick in the Northeastern states, vaccines and all. Haven't people come to terms with what this is yet?

And if it is.....man this really would be a nail in the coffin of the 2022 mid terms. 

It's not a power grab on the left and it never has been.

The power grab is the conservative line that it's a leftist power grab.

Edited by ERICOPOLY

14 hours ago, ERICOPOLY said:

It's not a power grab on the left and it never has been.

The power grab is the conservative line that it's a leftist power grab.

You could not go work out, get a meal, or even go pay a utility bill at the municipal building without outrageous inconvenience and restrictions here in NJ until MAYBE late spring/early summer 2021. You could do these things in FL over a year ago. 

On 11/29/2021 at 11:05 AM, Gregmal said:

You could not go work out, get a meal, or even go pay a utility bill at the municipal building without outrageous inconvenience and restrictions here in NJ until MAYBE late spring/early summer 2021. You could do these things in FL over a year ago. 

I know, but those things are unpopular.  More popular is to say "we're going to ignore covid and remain open".

So many countries locked down, but in the US the Republicans spun the lockdowns as election-driven.

Popularity wins votes.

Edited by ERICOPOLY

https://nypost.com/2021/12/01/dr-fauci-defends-travel-restrictions-over-omicron-variant/

I think this article, and its contents top to bottom, do a great job highlighting what a joke this is. In March 2020, Biden was senilely raging about the same policies he kept in place long after taking office and is now again instituting. Fauci doesnt want to comment on individual states, even though he has had no problem doing it when it suites his agenda. People coming in via plane have different rules than people coming in on foot...LOL...Fuck these people.

What I find strange(but also awesome because it undeniably highlights the media as lying shitbags with an agenda) is how much hostility and how many media hit pieces places like FL and TX got over the summer because of their COVID case count numbers. I dont even think we need to debate that there are two cycles here, the southern states have their wave June-Sept whereas the northern ones its more Nov-Jan....Meanwhile now, we have virtually no criticism of these states like Michigan, PA, IL, MA, even NJ or NY....I mean despite all their talk and pro vaccine rhetoric their numbers.. (and lets face it, we arent even near winter peak yet, thats probably early/mid January) the numbers are outrageously high! Why no accountability? Why no hit pieces? Why no take downs of the governors? The results are proving to be WORSE! YET AGAIN! 

Pro-Trump counties now have far higher COVID death rates. Misinformation is to blame

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/05/1059828993/data-vaccine-misinformation-trump-counties-covid-death-rate

Since May 2021, people living in counties that voted heavily for Donald Trump during the last presidential election have been nearly three times as likely to die from COVID-19 as those who live in areas that went for now-President Biden. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/08/south-korea-hospitals-under-pressure-as-record-7175-covid-cases-in-a-day

"The total caseload rose to 489,484 on Wednesday, according to the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency. That was a rise of 2,221 from a day earlier, the biggest daily jump since the start of the pandemic.

The number of critically ill patients also rose to a record high of 840, up 66 from a day early, while the death toll increased by 63 to 4,020, the agency said. People aged over 60 account for 35% of the total caseload and 84% of critically ill patients, including those whose immunities have waned since receiving their first two vaccine doses early this year."

Google Translate:

"Neutralization of Omicron versus Delta is done: 2x Biontech, 2x Moderna, 1xAZ / 1x Biontech after 6 months 0% neutralization with Omicron, also 3x Biontech 3 months after booster only 25% NT versus 95% with Delta. Up to 37 times the reduction in Delta vs. Omicron"

Reminder: Omicron is an addition to current variants and won't be the last. The next wave is still coming.

"The monoclonal AKs imdevimab and casirivimab are - as expected - ineffective with Omicron"

Vaccines might still protect against severe cases. Either way, hospitals would still have to deal with a rapid increase in a short period of time. 

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-provide-update-omicron-variant

• Preliminary laboratory studies demonstrate that three doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine neutralize the Omicron variant (B.1.1.529 lineage) while two doses show significantly reduced neutralization titers
  • Data indicate that a third dose of BNT162b2 increases the neutralizing antibody titers by 25-fold compared to two doses against the Omicron variant; titers after the booster dose are comparable to titers observed after two doses against the wild-type virus which are associated with high levels of protection
  • As 80% of epitopes in the spike protein recognized by CD8+ T cells are not affected by the mutations in the Omicron variant, two doses may still induce protection against severe disease