Eh the LA Times wrote that. 

Further, if CA if anything like NJ/NY, these people are running out getting a test every time they have a scratch in their throat. Whereas in much of the places like FL, I guarantee you overall cases is SEVERELY understated because many people simply dont go to the hospital or get tested unless its very severe. Different mentalities. Deaths are deaths and you cant really have a false positive there. But especially with so much asymptomatic, you'll never really have an accurate case count. 

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I definitely think this is the risk. I actually kind of agree with where @musclemans head is at, although perhaps he is trying too hard to get the current data interpretations there. But for sure you

Posted Images

There are lots of confounding factors, it is never a single factor cause and effect.

However, the LA Times totally ignoring the fact that in Florida 1 out of 5 people is over 65yrs (12 times more vulnerable than below 65yrs), whereas in California it is only 1 out of 7, tells me all I need to know about their bias.

52 minutes ago, backtothebeach said:

Yeah that's why locking them up in their overcrowded homes is such a great measure. #facepalm

Locked up!!!!  Haha.  LOL, of course that isn't what happened.  

My daughter was back in high school classes in California on campus in Fall 2020.  People were traveling again, eating out in restaurants again.  They were back to their old routines.

California relaxed it's rules and THEN we had the big surges from November-February.

Florida had a big deadly surge last summer right after relaxing their rules too, but California didn't which was still under relative lockdown.

Edited by ERICOPOLY
5 hours ago, Parsad said:

Ivermectin can do this at a tenth of the cost...plus deworm you at the same time.  Cheers!

Alt-treatment for the alt-right.  Ivermectin and others that haven't properly been studied are the natural go-to remedies for those who have refused the vaccine on the grounds that it hasn't properly been studied.  

1 hour ago, Gregmal said:

https://nypost.com/2021/10/14/joe-rogan-takes-on-sanjay-gupta-over-cnn-lying-about-covid-treatment/

So this toolbag network Dr openly admits CNN purposely lies and misrepresents this. Whats even funnier is how many people here just blindly believed this and parroted it around as well. 

CNN literally had the headline "Joe Rogan says he took horse dewormer", which is the outright lie. Others at least had the decency to say "controversial treatment" or whatever.

I'm currently in a South American country where the government told people to wear masks everywhere outside their home. It's been the saddest thing - people walking around outside at 7 in the morning with not a soul on the street - with a mask. I've seen people playing golf by themselves with a mask on. Riding a bike in the park with a mask on.

Even sadder: A few weeks ago they changed the mandate, masks now only have to be worn in closed spaces, not outside. Yet, people have become so addicted to their talisman that they can't let go. Maybe 3 out of 4 people still wear them even when out in the open, disturbingly many young people age 20-40 who have now been conditioned to feel safe as long as they have some kind of fabric touching their face (90% cloth masks here).

Look at how hard MSM is trying to control the narrative around Powells death and the vaccine! Almost as hard was they did in letting folks know the Nancys husband was the one doing the "trading" and that January 6 was an "attack on Democracy" and an "insurrection".....

Edited by Gregmal
22 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

Look at how hard MSM is trying to control the narrative around Powells death and the vaccine! Almost as hard was they did in letting folks know the Nancys husband was the one doing the "trading" and that January 6 was an "attack on Democracy" and an "insurrection".....

What is there to control?  The man had cancer, he died from Covid even though he was vaccinated.  There is no narrative.  Shouldn't the fact that Powell died from Covid, even while vaccinated, give you pause for thought instead of this anti-vax rant?

The whole point is that others with cancer, who remain unvaccinated, have a significant chance of getting very sick...if not dying from the disease!  Even those without cancer or any underlying issues, who remain unvaccinated, increase their chances of being very sick or hospitalized.  On top of that, if they do become infected, there is a good chance that they could create more mutations of the virus.  Cheers!

The point is anyone who can read can figure out/realize Powell had cancer and died over covid. Also noteworthy, he was 84. 84 year olds dying isnt news to me. However just look at the headlines everywhere...they go SOOOOO FAR out of their way to make sure EVERYONE KNOWS that it wasnt the vaccine's fault. There is a super clear bias and collusive effort going on to frame the narrative on anything relating to the vaccine. Shouldn't the news, if any, simply be that an 84 year old dude died? Why is everything about the vaccine?

Ah, the irony that comes from some posters who criticize and personally attacks any poster who they see as being anti-Trump. Yup, y'all can sure dish it out. As one of your favorite targets, let's just take a little look at these posts today.

So here on the Coronavirus thread you immediately jump in to, here we go again, defend Trump - even though no one here made any accusations against him. Not a word, not a post.

You then immediately follow that with another post - and again on the Coronavirus thread - where you take the opportunity to take a purely political shot at Biden.

Then your rant continues and on your third consecutive post (mind you) - and again on the Coronavirus thread - you take a completely unrelated political shot at not only Pelosi, but the insurrection of January 6th. And by the way, INSURRECTION- is defined as "a violent uprising against an authority or government". (Just so's you are clear on the meaning of the word).

Now the foregoing all comes from someone who takes every opportunity to personally attack, demean and deride any poster who would dare to suggest anything negative against a certain former President.

So moving along, on a final post this poster, who ironically takes every opportunity to scream “fake news!”, now condemns the media for actually reporting the news that Colin Powell died after suffering complications due to Covid. Criticizing the media for being too informative and stating they should have simply said “... that an 84 year old dude died”.

Given that you and your hero, formerly of the White House, have been so completely wrong on the Coronavirus right from day one, one can understand why you would do your utmost to deflect from anything that might indicate that the Coronavirus has been so devastating to so many people.

Obviously someone's TDS (Trump Defense Syndrome) is alive and well.

Im pretty sure Ive nailed covid while you cried. You were fearful, thats fine, to each their own. You obsess over a person you've never met, I made money the whole way, regardless of presidents. Not much else to say. Even in a post I dont mention Trump, you find a way to turn it into being about him. Your post count here, still Trump/politics 99%, whining about your lousy investment in FFH 1%, everything else, 0%. We all wait in eager anticipation of your further contributions, all zero value of them! Cheers.

@cwericb, the boards greatest 0!

Edited by Gregmal

"Im pretty sure Ive nailed covid while you cried."   That's a bit of a joke isn't it? Coming from someone who posted   "If I could ever count the Covid cases on the fingers of both hands then I might be worried" 

"You were fearful, thats fine, to each their own." Yes I was concerned with good reason. You were never concerned while  700,000 Americans died. No big deal, as long as you made money right? Yup, like Colin Powell, they were just "old dudes" right?.   But know what? those "old people" had millions of close relatives who don't think the same way as you.

Whiners on the FFH board? I do believe you are #1 on that score.

" Even in a post I dont mention Trump, you find a way to turn it into being about him."  Oh please! Cut the BS. It may work on some but not here. ........   Is this not you?

11 hours ago, Gregmal said:

Now Trump just killed double vaxxed Colin Powell....

In my remarks I honestly quoted your statements and showed you agenda. I have simply used your own words. You might not like it but they are your own words both here and in my previous post.

@cwericb, the boards greatest 0!"

How old are you anyway?

Why do you feel it so necessary to go off on personal attacks against others? Why attempt to bully any poster who would dare to correct you? Note: I said 'correct' you and not let you get away with using BS to rewrite history. Anyone reading these posts only needs to look at the previous posts to know who is spreading BS. You can deflect and distort all you want, just don't cry about it when you get caught.

Unlike some, I don't flit from topic to topic in some sort of attempt to have a high post count or something. I try to confine my posts to things I know something about.

PS. An internet troll is someone who makes intentionally inflammatory, rude, or upsetting statements online to elicit strong emotional responses in people or to steer the conversation off-topic.

Judge yourself accordingly.

In February of 2020 I said I'd worry about covid when it was here. I also said:

-the media would blow it up massively to scare people/boost rating and use it to oust Trump(I in fact bet real money on Biden winning, you just whined). 

-Headline risk would drive markets short term, fundamentals wouldnt matter

-Buy the hell out of the dip, long term this doesnt matter

-politicians would use this to their advantage and then rush in along with central bankers with massive amounts of liquidity and stimulus until nothing mattered.

-anyone panicking or selling was foolish

-this would basically be the mass wipeout needed to restart the next leg higher

Covid was one of the easiest and most masterful exercises in predicting data flow, money flow, and sentiment flow.

ALL of this can be confirmed from what was written in Jan/Feb of 2020 on the COBF covid thread. You? Who even knows or cares what you had to say? Because as usual you had nothing to say other than to be a bellwether for the average punter and cry about Trump, Trump, Trump. Now you claim I "have continuously gotten it all wrong"! LOLOLOL

Nuff said. 0!