• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I definitely think this is the risk. I actually kind of agree with where @musclemans head is at, although perhaps he is trying too hard to get the current data interpretations there. But for sure you

Posted Images

Curious if anyone has a view on potential for a 4th wave/lockdowns in Winter 2022. Israel's experience with vaccinations leading to collapsing cases would suggest this is unlikely, but with the seasonality of the virus, and politicians likely to try and 'do something' if cases do begin ticking up, I feel like there is a decent chance of more lockdowns which nobody is really discussing at this point.

Probably see a smaller increase as those that remain unvaccinated may be susceptible to the more virulent variants.  But I would imagine there will not be a wave as large as the 3rd wave was going forward.  Cheers!

• 1 month later...

I remember a year ago a number of posters claiming that the covid death counts were exaggerated, and that they were misattributing deaths from other causes as covid deaths to exaggerate the pandemic for political gain.

The numbers are interesting now with something like 99% of covid-19 deaths being unvaccinated individuals.  I think that proves the numbers are accurately counted.

16 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

https://nypost.com/2021/08/02/gop-investigation-proves-covid-leaked-from-wuhan-lab-report/

Dont expect to see this on CNN, but its pretty clear. Lab leak always made the most sense. This is what we're dealing with. It is what it is. Everyone should just get vaccinated and get on with their lives.

Well I thought you might have something there until I read 

"... according to a damning Republican investigation ..."

Edited by cwericb
5 hours ago, cwericb said:

You mean the people who say it's just the flu and a Democrat hoax, and congratulate themselves for developing the vaccine and approving it for everyone with emergency authorization?

I trust them for reasonable reporting, don't you?

Edited by ERICOPOLY
6 hours ago, cwericb said:

Can you point me to anyone else who is even bothering to report on this anymore? Let alone the big guys of news/social media who have been actively covering it up and censoring it? Is TWTR still banning people for even a mention of the lab leak? Not to mention Democrats had an open invitation to take part in the investigations of the lab leak and not ONE volunteered....

Thats just how it is. This was and has been used as a political weapon. You and Eric mentioned the above comments, but at the same time, no heat or criticism for the Democrats who spent the entire 6 months leading up to the election undermining the vaccine? Even though now theyre like "oh how come people dont trust it?" LOL get real 

I mean didnt we learn our lesson with the Wapo and NYT folks? Remember, they said there was zero evidence or factual basis to even consider a lab leak, regularly labeled such idea "misinformation", claimed it was debunked, advocated censoring people, and then told everyone that it must have come from a food market when there was ZERO EVIDENCE to support this claim! You cant even make up the nonsense that people have fallen for here. Even hardcore liberals like Jon Stewart and Bill Maher have conceded this was obvious. 

Edited by Gregmal

Well I don’t recollect the Dems, or anyone else for that matter, politicizing Covid and mask wearing, other than a certain ex-president and his captive party. So they are not above making up “facts”, (alternate or otherwise), to suit their purposes.

Since the credibility of the Republican Party left the building a few years ago, when they say they have found the source of the virus, I would have a lot of trouble taking their word for it - or pretty much anything else they say for that matter. I have as much faith in their present pontifications as I did when their former leader said “I will release my taxes.”

Let’s face it, they are are still trying to maintain that the election was rigged and that January 6th was an inconsequential non-event.

And by the way, I think Biden and the Dems about are doing about as much nothing as they can get away with, but at least they are not on a campaign to sell out all the U.S. allies while trying to suck up North Korea, China and good buddy Vlad Putin.  

You asked, “Can you point me to anyone else who is even bothering to report on this anymore?” Well the World Health Organization put out an update at the end of March. Bloomberg covered a recent study July 8th titled “Covid Origins Mirror SARS’s Genesis in Animals, Study Finds”. Nature published “The COVID lab-leak hypothesis: What scientists do and don’t know” in June specifically on the subject https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01529-3

All that seems like an awfully big distraction and excuse to just write off something thats at the very least, worth looking into. All thats left to look into it in terms of Congress, is republicans because the second the democrats got office their usefulness for the covid game diminished. Are you not aware that not a single democrat had ANY interest in being part of the investigation? 

Outside of any of this, I mean, use your head?? Where did this come from? Is it all just a coincidence? How come anyone who raised questions got silenced? Nah just a bunch of dumb Chinese eating bats at a food festival!

Eh, come on Eric. You say you're independent. The thought that because Republicans were first on the scene calling this...means it must be thrown out, it garbage. What was accepted by Democrats and MSM and then censored by MSM and big tech was disgraceful. The was no more evidence of a bunch of hungry Chinese chomping on bats at a food festival being the cause than there was anything else, yet that was peddled and everything else shut down. And since the election, democrats have shown zero interest in this anymore. It is partisan, but when theyre wrong, theyre wrong. Or this idea that @cwericbhighlighted in the process that "because republicans are investigating it means its bogus" is crazy too. Who else is even bothering to look into it? Not the media of course? MSM and Big Tech refused to allow this to be looked at. Snuffed out any attempt to bring forward any evidence other than what they wanted the truth to be. Labelled anyone who tried a crazy. No one else bothering to even try anymore and the scientists have been disgraced just as much as all the politicians. Look at all the Fauci nonsense. No mask. Mask. Two mask. No mask. mask. Its been turned into a political weapon by both sides. 

13 hours ago, cwericb said:

Well I don’t recollect the Dems, or anyone else for that matter, politicizing Covid and mask wearing, other than a certain ex-president and his captive party. So they are not above making up “facts”, (alternate or otherwise), to suit their purposes.

Since the credibility of the Republican Party left the building a few years ago, when they say they have found the source of the virus, I would have a lot of trouble taking their word for it - or pretty much anything else they say for that matter. I have as much faith in their present pontifications as I did when their former leader said “I will release my taxes.”

Let’s face it, they are are still trying to maintain that the election was rigged and that January 6th was an inconsequential non-event.

And by the way, I think Biden and the Dems about are doing about as much nothing as they can get away with, but at least they are not on a campaign to sell out all the U.S. allies while trying to suck up North Korea, China and good buddy Vlad Putin.  

You asked, “Can you point me to anyone else who is even bothering to report on this anymore?” Well the World Health Organization put out an update at the end of March. Bloomberg covered a recent study July 8th titled “Covid Origins Mirror SARS’s Genesis in Animals, Study Finds”. Nature published “The COVID lab-leak hypothesis: What scientists do and don’t know” in June specifically on the subject https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01529-3

Dems didn't politicize anything....? 

Fauci did lie to congress about gain of function research funding. Hard to ignore that research paper detailing gain of function per NIH definition for covid transmissibility from bats to humans. 

How was Jan 6 an insurrection? No guns, no violence (except a handful of people being asshats), videos of cops letting people in, etc. Literally people with flags, taking photos. If that was insurrection, then it was the worst attempt in human history. 

“Outside of any of this, I mean, use your head?? Where did this come from? Is it all just a coincidence?”

Somehow I must have edited out where I intended to say I fully believe that the virus more than likely came out of the lab in Wuhan. While I agree that the virus likely escaped from the lab, I just don’t put much faith in any Republican study being unbiased given all the BS they have spouted over the last few years.

--------------------------------------------------

“How was Jan 6 an insurrection? No guns, no violence (except a handful of people being asshats), videos of cops letting people in, etc. Literally people with flags, taking photos. If that was insurrection, then it was the worst attempt in human history.”

Really? “A HANDFULL you say?” You must have watched different videos than did I.  But then again some still believe the election was rigged. It is amazing how people can contort facts to suit their preconceived ideas. Were many not chanting to hang the Vice President? You don’t think that is not insurrection?

Here we see a handful of people invading the Capitol ........................

image.thumb.png.5e59b641d750dcd97af8c96133be7faf.png

Looks like more people then at Trump's inauguration.

----------------------------------------------------

In any event we are getting off the track here. As far as Covid is concerned, until people wise up and get vaccinated this thing is going to continue to kill people and mutate. If people are too stupid to get vaccinated they should either be forced to vaccinate or made to quarantine. And for those "gommerment can't tell me what to do" people, yeah it can. You have to wear a seat belt, you can't drive 100 mph down a sidewalk, you can't crap on your neighbour's doorstep, and you can't intentionally infect others with a disease.

1 hour ago, cwericb said:

“Outside of any of this, I mean, use your head?? Where did this come from? Is it all just a coincidence?”

Somehow I must have edited out where I intended to say I fully believe that the virus more than likely came out of the lab in Wuhan. While I agree that the virus likely escaped from the lab, I just don’t put much faith in any Republican study being unbiased given all the BS they have spouted over the last few years.

--------------------------------------------------

“How was Jan 6 an insurrection? No guns, no violence (except a handful of people being asshats), videos of cops letting people in, etc. Literally people with flags, taking photos. If that was insurrection, then it was the worst attempt in human history.”

Really? “A HANDFULL you say?” You must have watched different videos than did I.  But then again some still believe the election was rigged. It is amazing how people can contort facts to suit their preconceived ideas. Were many not chanting to hang the Vice President? You don’t think that is not insurrection?

Here we see a handful of people invading the Capitol ........................

image.thumb.png.5e59b641d750dcd97af8c96133be7faf.png

Looks like more people then at Trump's inauguration.

----------------------------------------------------

In any event we are getting off the track here. As far as Covid is concerned, until people wise up and get vaccinated this thing is going to continue to kill people and mutate. If people are too stupid to get vaccinated they should either be forced to vaccinate or made to quarantine. And for those "gommerment can't tell me what to do" people, yeah it can. You have to wear a seat belt, you can't drive 100 mph down a sidewalk, you can't crap on your neighbour's doorstep, and you can't intentionally infect others with a disease.

A handful out of thousands were being violent. Most people walked inside and took selfies. People saying things makes it an insurrection? Snoop Dog made a video about shooting Trump in the head. That comedian chick had a bloody head of Trump. Madonna said she was going to blow up the White House. Maxine Waters called for "violence in the streets". People burned effigies of Trump and used guillotines on mannequins of him almost on a daily basis for four years. LOL good grief you're deluded...That last part regarding seatbelts and sidewalks is almost completely incoherent. 

I'm sure you also ignored the FBI agent who lead and pushed individuals to kidnap the Michigan governor too.  They're being charged. According to Dems the FBI is a great institution who only serves our best interests. 

https://apnews.com/article/health-government-and-politics-coronavirus-pandemic-1acd2e74bdb8878bb78debb24215d8cf

I'm sure you didn't watch that video I posted either because a "republican" presented it right? Ignore Kamala and Joe saying not to take the vaccine because Trump made it right? "OnlY ReBuliCans CauSeD VacCine HeSItancy"

Both sides screwed up with the vaccine in the beginning. They should have come out and said mRNA vaccines have been developed for decades and that they are safe.  Instead they focused on Trump and the next election cycle. They should have told the truth and been willing to listen to Tom Cotton on investigating China Lab leak.

I'll leave you with a quote and probably never return to the politics forum. Can't handle the echo chamber after 10 minutes. Back to watching the world tear itself apart through almost real time memes. 

"'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded." Friedrich August von Hayek

It only became an insurrection because the oh so important government scumbags felt the heat....Take that to any other city or region and its something between a street festival and a peaceful protest....

30 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

It only became an insurrection because the oh so important government scumbags felt the heat....Take that to any other city or region and its something between a street festival and a peaceful protest....

That's kinda the whole point - it did NOT happen at a street festival, it happened in the Capitol Building, that is why it was insurrection.

"noun: insurrection: A violent uprising against an authority or government. "     

I guess if you believe in tearing down statues, than the U.S. Capitol is just another building.

"The United States Capitol is a monument, a working office building, and one of the most recognizable symbols of       representative democracy in the world."

Canada recently had a guy storm the Parliament Building. He came out in a body bag.

In other words, this one is only deemed more significant if you respect politicians. I do not. I dont think theyre anymore important than a normal bloke. In fact, I think most of them are worth significantly less. 

1 hour ago, cwericb said:

That's kinda the whole point - it did NOT happen at a street festival, it happened in the Capitol Building, that is why it was insurrection.

"noun: insurrection: A violent uprising against an authority or government. "     

I guess if you believe in tearing down statues, than the U.S. Capitol is just another building.

"The United States Capitol is a monument, a working office building, and one of the most recognizable symbols of       representative democracy in the world."

Canada recently had a guy storm the Parliament Building. He came out in a body bag.

The Canadian guy was Heavily Armed and have one goal. I know half a dozen people who went to the rally and they said they literally just stood outside with a flag and had coffee. All of them former veterans. 

the Capitol has a long history of protests. It was occupied by soldiers after WWI, occupied multiple times during Vietnam both by hippies, black panther groups and and once by farmers. All of these groups “stormed” inside. We’re they all insurrections? Lol give me a break. It’s called letting the piece of shit politicians who work for you what you think. 

Also if it was an insurrection who organized it? Who setup the coup? The only insurrection is the gangs and BLM criminals and Antifa thugs who have been destroying cities for the last year. I have a friend who is former SF and works for MSOG now. He was sent to Portland to handle the real threats. Most people are completely clueless to what’s going on and what they’re seeing on the ground. But hey, I don’t watch CNN or listen to once respectable NPR so I guess I’m uninformed. 

Trumps base is full of hunters, veterans, farmers, and blue collar workers. All of whom own guns. If they were going to actually “overthrow the government” you think they would really show up unarmed with flags? Lol come back with a better argument. 

alright now I’m out lol 

" I know half a dozen people who went to the rally and they said they literally just stood outside with a flag and had coffee. "

Where I live they don't fly a US flag outside their homes -- they fly a Trump flag.  That is not expression of patriotism.  Same was true of the Capitol insurrection.

If you ‘anti-government’ guys are so against government, there are alternatives to living in the U.S. you know.

Palestine doesn’t really have a government, nor does Somalia. Central African Republic, South Sudan, Yemen, The Congo, Chad, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, etc, etc all have little or no government.   How’s that working for them?

Perhaps you will achieve your goals of anarchy as it seems that great many Americans think that government is useless.

Keep working on it and good luck.

14 minutes ago, cwericb said:

If you ‘anti-government’ guys are so against government, there are alternatives to living in the U.S. you know.

Palestine doesn’t really have a government, nor does Somalia. Central African Republic, South Sudan, Yemen, The Congo, Chad, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, etc, etc all have little or no government.   How’s that working for them?

Perhaps you will achieve your goals of anarchy as it seems that great many Americans think that government is useless.

Keep working on it and good luck.

Defund the government.  LOL.

It's quite incredible how fickle public sentiment is. According to an Axios poll, over 80% believed that the worst of the pandemic was behind us a few weeks ago, now after weeks of nonstop breathless media coverage about delta, nearly 60% believes that the worst of the pandemic is ahead of us.

There's little wonder why the political officials act the way they do - even they have whiplash from trying to gauge what the public wants or doesn't want. And let's be real, that's been the guide for the government response to this from the get-go, not science.