Everyone seems to be looking around trying to figure out where the bubble is.

Maybe we are finally reaching the point that I can speak the truth and someone will listen. Trump was the Bubble!

1. It remains to be seen what the impact of having a President who is the stock market's cheerleader in chief, but it's probably not a good idea. It's probably contributed to speculative excess.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tiktok-and-discord-are-the-new-wall-street-trading-desks-11610361004?mod=searchresults_pos3&page=1

2. I have a friend who's business is suing to collect from deadbeats that the banks have given up on. He says that after decades in the business, 2020 was his best year ever and that Trump followers are the greatest gift he's ever received. That may not end well for a lot of people.

3. Trying to be a bully and punching everybody in the nose is not really a long-term strategy. Eventually even NYC is not big enough and you're going to need to flee to some place where shitbirds are welcome. Florida seems like a good choice. As a political strategy, it's probably also short sighted. When people finally decide they are over you, the end for bullies comes quickly.

4. Fake it until you make it. Trump is the king of faking it, and it's probably no coincidence that people are calling this the golden age of fraud. Social media and the ability of people to perpetrate resume fraud in new ways that most people don't suspect obviously contributes to this.

5. Rejecting science and living in a fantasyland eventually will catch up to you. The virus doesn't care what lies you told. It didn't go away by December. Moderna and Warp Speed has not saved us. If you didn't notice when we rounded the corner, it wasn't pretty what we saw. We rounded the corner to see Warp speed is at best a slow postal walk when it comes to vaccine distribution. The logistical capabilities of the US Military could have saved us easily. At some point you have to ask if Trump really cared about saving us.

6. The growth in debt in the USA is very troubling. Definitely not a sustainable strategy, but when you look at how many enterprises Trump bankrupted, why should we be surprised.

7. Competence matters, maybe we will learn that it wasn't a good idea to throw competence out the window through Trumpism's denial of the value of expertise and competence. It was especially bad to test the competence hoax with a global pandemic.

8. Regardless of what the Trumpists say, education is a good thing. For a modern, capital intensive economy education of the right sort will increase capital productivity. I am going to go with mainstream economic thought and even the CFA curriculum on this one.

9. Trumpisms failed trade policies were doomed to fail. It's like going to the beach and your friends says they are going to try to hold back the ocean. What can you say other than "enjoy your swim"? Again I will side with mainstream economic thought on this one, including Adam Smith and David Ricardo.

10. I guess we could leave the financial realm and start talking about extraordinary popular delusions, but I am going to guess that the cannibal and pedophile hunting industry is going to go in to decline in the near future.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^  Dude,  you truly are amazing - I mean every problem you list, all 10, have a root cause of Trump. If that's not TDS, nothing is..

You should watch the movie Rudy. Oh the parallels. The deficiencies are self evident, but one must admit that the dedication is inspiring. He never gives up, and while he'll obviously never be a starter, maybe one day he gets to see a snap or two. If you step back a minute, its hard not to root for him!

Trump has been the greatest recruiting tool for Dems.

Here in GA, many of my friends spent dozens of hours canvassing. I've never seen such a thing. The passion and vigor to defeat Trump was seen to be believed. Any they delivered 2 senate seats.

Trump also has single handedly destroyed GOP. Now seditious Trumpists will primary with moderate GOP folks and cause a major fissure. This will surely help Dems. Trump has delivered Presidency, Senate & House to Dems.

The people of US now have two clear choices, party of Democrats & party of racist Dick-tators. If GOP doesn't purge out the white supremacists from its ranks, we will slowly slide into a civil war.

Trump, a lifelong democrat has finally delivered the goods.

^  Dude,  you truly are amazing - I mean every problem you list, all 10, have a root cause of Trump. If that's not TDS, nothing is..

You should watch the movie Rudy. Oh the parallels. The deficiencies are self evident, but one must admit that the dedication is inspiring. He never gives up, and while he'll obviously never be a starter, maybe one day he gets to see a snap or two. If you step back a minute, its hard not to root for him!

You talking about Giuliani?  The parallels are mind-boggling...The deficiencies are self evident, but one must admit that the dedication is inspiring. He never gives up, and while he'll obviously never be a starter, maybe one day he gets to see a snap or two. If you step back a minute, its hard not to root for him!

Cheers!

You talking about Giuliani?  The parallels are mind-boggling...The deficiencies are self evident, but one must admit that the dedication is inspiring. He never gives up, and while he'll obviously never be a starter, maybe one day he gets to see a snap or two. If you step back a minute, its hard not to root for him!

Cheers!

Theres a number of them, both here and on the world stage, who fall into the category. We watch them with amusement and wish them luck in their obsessions. However bizarre those obsessions may be.

Cheers!

Rudy would have been way better off, if he had given up 10 years ago.

If you can convince yourself that Democrats are Communists who want to destroy America, then Trump doesn't looks so bad.

Rod, seems like you agree with the idea that this was a mass delusion similar to a bubble. Any thoughts on where we go from here?

The people of US now have two clear choices, party of Democrats & party of racist Dick-tators. If GOP doesn't purge out the white supremacists from its ranks, we will slowly slide into a civil war.

Vish, seems like you think there has been self destructive mass lunacy, and you laid out a couple of scenarios. What path do you think the US or Republicans likely take?

Actions have consequences. Dangerous rhetoric has unintended consequences.

There is this slow poisoning of the American minds. Look at the 100's of millions of ads that were spent on senate campaign in GA. Ossoff & Warnock were referred in every ad as radicals who are going to destroy US. The toxic spewing right wing media & radio hosts like Limbaugh have made it into a financial success. Combine this with impact of economy (due to actions by both parties ), you have a toxic brew that will destroy the fabric of democracy.

If big tech, business leaders & sane people don't fight the lies non-stop, we will 100% descend into a civil war. Growing up in south india, I've seen decades long violence in Sri Lanka where native Tamil folks were oppressed and then we had internecine wars and wholesale killings. Then there was this Sikh violence.

The cycle is as predictable as this:

Real economic grievance from a group => Ignored by all politicians => Scapegoating/misdirection/lies to maintain status quo => Find unrelated groups to blame without fixing root cause => anger and frustration leading to violence => Blaming unrelated groups for ensuing violence to maintain status quo .... cycle continues

^ Some things are worth fight for - especially the American way of life that the LEFT seeks to destroy. You go right ahead and align yourself with

radicals such as Warnock and his racist rhetoric - we will fight it all the way.

^ Of course, the LEFT believes in destroying our culture and erasing our history.

Shit, with these losers - even Abraham Lincoln was a racist and his statues are defiled - you can't make this shit up.

^Hey! Stop it! They dont agree with all this stuff they are just silent about it. Whining about Trump is all they are vocal about. But dont you dare assume all these other things about them. People like them pave the way for it, but really, really are not advocates of it!

It's quite clear that the left is the one poisoning minds. How do I know? Well, this is pretty good evidence:

https://www.buzz.ie/latest/outrage-10-year-old-drag-queen-naked-adult-313565

It's funny how you can't question this stuff. If so it's "hate speech."

You take one extreme example and equate it to the daily behavior of the left.  It's like we walk around all day naked, singing "Kum Ba Yah", smoking pot, dressing in drag, having coffee with our hipster doofus friends, yelling at people wearing fur, while all the while sucking down tofu smoothies!

That example is as extreme as saying the right wing support the Klan and like burning crosses at tail gate parties!  Cheers!

^ Of course, the LEFT believes in destroying our culture and erasing our history.

Shit, with these losers - even Abraham Lincoln was a racist and his statues are defiled - you can't make this shit up.

You guys were the morons breaking into and raiding the Capitol, so let's be careful about how far the left goes and how far the right goes.  Both sides are full of nuts, and you guys just won't admit it.  Cheers!

^ The Right, of course, has some nuts -- just not nearly the number of law breakers as the LEFT.  I mean, shit, BLM & ANTIFA? No comparison.

The Capitol Rioters are to be condemned, not celebrated.  The Dems of course, celebrate their criminals, make dip shit excuses for them, and

then bail them out.

The right IS the party of Law And Order - The LEFT is the party of anarchists.  Big difference Parsad.

^ The Right, of course, has some nuts -- just not nearly the number of law breakers as the LEFT.  I mean, shit, BLM & ANTIFA? No comparison.

The Capitol Rioters are to be condemned, not celebrated.  The Dems of course, celebrate their criminals, make dip shit excuses for them, and

then bail them out.

The right IS the party of Law And Order - The LEFT is the party of anarchists.  Big difference Parsad.

That's complete rubbish!  You simply don't know the difference at all.  Cheers!

10. I guess we could leave the financial realm and start talking about extraordinary popular delusions, but I am going to guess that the cannibal and pedophile hunting industry is going to go in to decline in the near future.

I don't know about cannibals, but there is no need to hunt to find a pedophile.  One was just sworn in as president.

then bail them out.

That's complete rubbish!  You simply don't know the difference at all.  Cheers!

Breitbart is failing him.

I don't know about cannibals, but there is no need to hunt to find a pedophile.  One was just sworn in as president.

And what shred of proof do you that Biden is a pedophile?

Spreading BS about the election is bad enough but slandering an individual with no proof is not very classy. However, if you have proof, so be it, but one might wonder why that has not gone to the court system. Just more QAnon foolishness?

And what shred of proof do you that Biden is a pedophile?

Spreading BS about the election is bad enough but slandering an individual with no proof is not very classy. However, if you have proof, so be it, but one might wonder why that has not gone to the court system. Just more QAnon foolishness?

There is no proof or rationale.

https://www.logically.ai/factchecks/library/1cbe22fb

No complaints, charges, allegations, lawsuit...nothing.

Meanwhile there are plenty of allegations against Trump’s behavior towards underage women...conveniently ignored.

It is mind boggling, but understandable...people have surrendered their critical faculties over to emotion and conspiracy, and subsequently reality becomes easier to warp. Reminds me of the Conan Doyle line, “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please, there was no need for proof for many of the bogus claims and theories raised about Trump for the past 4 years...at best we'd just get some garbage backup link to CNN or NYT opinion piece, poll, or anonymous source...