Populist President No Longer Popular

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, that BLM/Antifa agenda was burn down the country -and they did a great job of it - under protection of the Democratic Party.

The riots were bad.  But I don't think anyone will ever forget what happened at the Capitol.  A whole different ball of wax.  One was protests gone amok...rioting and looting.  The other was an attack on the very foundations of American government...an attack on the Constitution.  Big, big difference, except in the eyes of Trump supporters!  But you guys think Trump's tan is real too!  Cheers!

I think you've made it clear. You think government folks are more important than regular folks....Governments serve their people, not the other way around. This "riots are bad but OMG THE INSURRECTION!" is hilarious. Especially when none of you guys had a thing to say the past 6 months and even supported it. Now at best we get "I disagreed but didnt say anything" or "riots are bad but these were worse"....

I think you've made it clear. You think government folks are more important than regular folks....Governments serve their people, not the other way around. This "riots are bad but OMG THE INSURRECTION!" is hilarious. Especially when none of you guys had a thing to say the past 6 months and even supported it. Now at best we get "I disagreed but didnt say anything" or "riots are bad but these were worse"....

Haha!  When did Trump supporters worry about regular folks or anyone other than themselves and Trump?  I would say the pot is calling the kettle black, but then the Proud Boys might put a burning cross on my lawn thinking I'm black.  Cheers!

Well, racial protests/riots are still (sadly) based on real events, whereas this “minor coup” of federal government buildings was based on a conspiracy theory with little/no basis in reality.

Well, some of us have been condemning violent protests for quite some time. Then a bunch of you guys just seemed to wake up a week ago...I dont see why it makes a difference to you guys who does them or who the targets are. Violence, looting, harming people and property.... is always bad and unfortunate to see. At least in my book.

Well, some of us have been condemning violent protests for quite some time. Then a bunch of you guys just seemed to wake up a week ago...I dont see why it makes a difference to you guys who does them or who the targets are. Violence, looting, harming people and property.... is always bad and unfortunate to see. At least in my book.

Hahahaha!  I'm rolling on the floor. 

When they had the protests in Virginia and the young lady was run over by the right-wing racist, we all condemned the violence.  But you guys specifically stated, just like Trump, that there were bad guys on both sides.  Talk about talking out of your butts!  That was years before the riots this summer, and you guys supported the Proud Boys and other assholes who were being violent that day.  Cheers!

I dont think Ive ever supported anything related to that or the Proud Boys. At best, maybe Ive pointed out the hypocrisy of how its presented by MSM and folks like you guys when its a right wing group being the aggressor vs a left wing group...I mean seriously, peaceful protests now vs "insurrection!" LOL but Ive definitely never supported anything to do with those groups. So perhaps you are misremembering, conveniently.

My official stance for a while is that all protestors are losers. That covers everyone. If you really want to make a difference there are a million other real ways you can do it.

Yeah, that BLM/Antifa agenda was burn down the country -and they did a great job of it - under protection of the Democratic Party.

The riots were bad.  But I don't think anyone will ever forget what happened at the Capitol.  A whole different ball of wax.  One was protests gone amok...rioting and looting.  The other was an attack on the very foundations of American government...an attack on the Constitution.  Big, big difference, except in the eyes of Trump supporters!  But you guys think Trump's tan is real too!  Cheers!

Sure, sure, sure - just a little rioting - your rioters are better than ours...just "run amok"

30+ Killed

700+ Policemen injured  (oh, yeah, they are racists anyway)

thousands of small businesses destroyed

plus the bonus of mass exodus from Democratic cities.

But, yeah, BLM/Antifa is so righteous! Makes it all worth it!

Sure, sure, sure - just a little rioting - your rioters are better than ours...just "run amok"

30+ Killed

So you if Joe Average is shot and killed during a riot, and the VP of the United States is shot and killed at the Capitol...those are the same things to you?  Cheers!

I dont think Ive ever supported anything related to that or the Proud Boys. At best, maybe Ive pointed out the hypocrisy of how its presented by MSM and folks like you guys when its a right wing group being the aggressor vs a left wing group...I mean seriously, peaceful protests now vs "insurrection!" LOL but Ive definitely never supported anything to do with those groups. So perhaps you are misremembering, conveniently.

My official stance for a while is that all protestors are losers. That covers everyone. If you really want to make a difference there are a million other real ways you can do it.

You were certainly putting up false equivalencies.  "Why was she at the protest"..."was it worth her life protesting what some other guy was already there protesting?"  Cheers!

30+ Killed

So you if Joe Average is shot and killed during a riot, and the VP of the United States is shot and killed at the Capitol...those are the same things to you?  Cheers!

So I suppose you'd feel more saddened by the death of the elitist VP who's lived the high life, off a tax payer funded salary and divisive political agenda than the life of a normal person so enraged by the failures of the system that they're wasting their time at a stupid protest/riot? Or do you think the US wouldn't be able to function with one less bureaucrat?

My answers in advance; both deaths are equally unacceptable and the US would be just fine.

Once Biden is sworn in what are the chances we get more violence/deaths? If the President is saying the election was stolen from him (and you deeply believe the President) are you not doing your patriotic duty to strike agains those who are soon to be in power illegitimately?

Last year the FBI identified far right extremists as the top terrorist threat in the US. This was before Trump energized them over the past 8 weeks with his lies of a stolen election. The tail risk of more violence is increasing thanks to Trump. And once Trump is no longer President of course he will continue with more lies that will energize his base further.

The silver lining is as Trump continues to lie and do bat shit crazy things he will continue to lose support with mainstream Americans. It is already happening. And it looks to me like the Republican party understands this and so we likely will see a Civil War within the Republican party.

Trump is the gift that keeps on giving for Democrats. 2 years ago he gave them the House. Then he gave them the Presidency. Then the Senate. And now he is burning down the Republican party. What will he do next?

You are too funny!  Completely wrapped up in a false narrative.

The protests in summer were many and went on for over a month. They were directly supported by democrats.  There was billions in damage. The attack on the capitol was a single event and widely reviled by Republicans.  You all are just using it as an excuse to crack down on conservatives.

I still remember you guys joking about antifa throwing bombs at cops.  Meanwhile nobody backs the capitol mess. Big difference right there.

To bring thing back to economics I read Biden will be implementing large scale buy American clauses. Why is this acceptable when trump was demonized for identical policies?

Anyways you are in Canada so protectionism and border constraints are nothing new to you.

30+ Killed

So I suppose you'd feel more saddened by the death of the elitist VP who's lived the high life, off a tax payer funded salary and divisive political agenda than the life of a normal person so enraged by the failures of the system that they're wasting their time at a stupid protest/riot? Or do you think the US wouldn't be able to function with one less bureaucrat?

My answers in advance; both deaths are equally unacceptable and the US would be just fine.

Hey, he's your VP and Trump's VP.  If you're ok with him being shot and it's no big deal, that's on you.  Personally, I think harming the VP of the United States, regardless of party, is an enormous deal and something that any sane person would want to avoid.  Cheers!

You are too funny!  Completely wrapped up in a false narrative.

The protests in summer were many and went on for over a month. They were directly supported by democrats.  There was billions in damage. The attack on the capitol was a single event and widely reviled by Republicans.  You all are just using it as an excuse to crack down on conservatives.

I still remember you guys joking about antifa throwing bombs at cops.  Meanwhile nobody backs the capitol mess. Big difference right there.

To bring thing back to economics I read Biden will be implementing large scale buy American clauses. Why is this acceptable when trump was demonized for identical policies?

Anyways you are in Canada so protectionism and border constraints are nothing new to you.

I'm wrapped up in a false narrative?  You're bloody Canadian yourself and live in Canada. 

The irony is that our borders are more open and markets more global than the U.S.' under Trump.  Somehow that's new to you!  Cheers!

Wow, if last summer was as apocalyptic as some folks (who largely don’t live in those urban areas) view it, I guess relative to Obama the Trump years were not very “peaceful”. And here I was told Obama was the “divider”.

Unless of course you want to say a quarterback kneeling during an anthem is on the same level...

Oh and here’s an axios report on how Trump wanted to violently crush the summer events (at Barr’s protest):

https://www.axios.com/trump-barr-relationship-off-the-rails-b33b3788-e7e9-47fa-84c5-3a0016559eb5.html

The president wanted to invoke the Insurrection Act and send the military into U.S. cities. He wanted troops in the street. Some hardcore outside allies, including Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton, were egging him on. The thankless job of pushing back fell to Barr.

Too bad he didn’t want to invoke the Insurrection Act during the actual insurrection on January 6th...he didn’t even want to send the National Guard and enjoyed the show on TV.

Such a “peaceful“ President worthy of constant defending, for some...

30+ Killed

There is no nobility in the United States.  At least there wasn't supposed to be.  The "average joe" as you arrogantly dismiss him is a human life that is worth every bit what some politician's is.  At least to me.  This is no different at all from the right wingers who worship the lives of cops and think nothing of it when a black man is killed by them.

The worthless racists don’t want to under stand what “Black Lives Matter” means.

Just another dickhead justifying a summer of rioting, arson, murder and destroyed lives!

The choice of the slogan "black lives matter" was a mistake.

A far better choice would have been "black lives matter too".

These thread keep going off topic due to trumpists using the following tactics:

• ad homenim attacks
  • straw man argument
  • what aboutism
  • false equivalency

To return to the topic at hand . . .

Poll:Republican support for convicting Trump in Senate growing

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/19/republican-support-convicting-trump-growing-460247

There is a lag and the trend is negative for Trump, but over the time period of January 15-17:

• About 20% of Republicans said they "strongly" or "somewhat" support a Senate conviction of Trump
  • That is a 43% increase over the previous poll conducted January 8-11

The worthless racists don’t want to under stand what “Black Lives Matter” means.

Just another dickhead justifying a summer of rioting, arson, murder and destroyed lives!

The choice of the slogan "black lives matter" was a mistake.

A far better choice would have been "black lives matter too".

Damn CW - I'd have to give you a +1 on that. Well done.