Populist President No Longer Popular

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^Stahley - you missed Dalal's point. he is saying you are a bigot as well as a sexist.

Get used to it - Trump supporter or not - should you not fall in line with the CoBF LEFT orthodoxy - you too, shall be branded.

Wow, now pretending to speak for me, Cubs?

I find Stahley’s hypocrisy amusing in that he pretends to be a reasonable moderate but he’s clearly a Trump apologist/deflector.

After the Capitol riots he says is no big deal/Trump years have been peaceful and anyone concerned about Trump is being nuts and people need to turn off their computers.

Then he goes ahead and posts about former President Obama’s comments on race/gender from 5 years ago and a fear baiting meme about Maxine.

So according to Stahley, it’s crazy to be concerned about a current President inciting Capitol riots a few days ago while totally reasonable to be worried about a former President’s views on race/gender from 5 years ago and Maxine Waters right?

Like I said, he’s hilarious. Maxine Derangement Syndrome!

It isn't crazy to be concerned about the Capitol riots. I would say that it's crazy to be concerned about the Capitol riots if not about the other riots over the summer (and vice versa).

All I'm saying is that the left's leaders are more explicitly calling for violence more so than Trump. I voted for Obama in 2008. So it's not like I'm some hardcore conservative.

I will say that Obama's policies is partially what led to Trump's rise. I mean, when a leader has this type of disdain for people, what does one expect to happen?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/apr/14/barackobama.uselections2008

"Obama was caught in an uncharacteristic moment of loose language. Referring to working-class voters in old industrial towns decimated by job losses, the presidential hopeful said: "They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

I will say that Obama's policies is partially what led to Trump's rise. I mean, when a leader has this type of disdain for people, what does one expect to happen?

"Obama was caught in an uncharacteristic moment of loose language. Referring to working-class voters in old industrial towns decimated by job losses, the presidential hopeful said: "They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

What is disdainful?  It's spot on.

^ It's the condescending elitist viewpoint at work. Don't live in DC or Coastal corridors? Too bad. You're just a deplorable anyway.

The biggest, most positive element of change can be brought about by addressing politicians, journalists, and academics. These people probably make up less than 2% of the population but their entrenchment and abuses on the rest of society are so significant in size and scale. Between what they inject into common culture through their various platforms, and what they leech out of it through compensation and benefits, its disgraceful. Trevor Noah whining about inequality while selling his $18M mansion and buying a $30M mansion. The crybabies on Capitol Hill earning $15k a month plus benefits to push lobbyist bs. The teachers who make six figures to regurgitate whats in a textbook while indoctrinating their captive audiences with their ridiculous politics...thats where the change needs to start.

Not only is it spot on (take a look at people in the General/Investment forum debating Smith&Wesson as they expect gun sales to rise with a Biden presidency) but it has nothing to do with Paul's claim about Obama's policies.

It's a nonsense argument.

Not only is it spot on (take a look at people in the General/Investment forum debating Smith&Wesson as they expect gun sales to rise with a Biden presidency) but it has nothing to do with Paul's claim about Obama's policies.

I have spoken with people who work at nationwide gun and ammunition distributors, and I can tell you without hesitation the sales are off the charts right now.  The questions is how long it will last.

This mindset is the exact issue.

Kind of like believing there is some moral guidelines we all "ought to follow" without God existing? Or how human rights exist beyond what the government says? Or how morality can be subjective and objective...at the same time?  ;D ;D ;D

Oh my, clearly some people are still deeply affected by comments Obama made 13 years ago...

Sounds like an incurable case of Obama Derangement Syndrome. Be well.

The mindset never changed - which is why we're in the spot we are now.

Agreed that this mindset is the problem Stanley. Making generalizations about groups you disagree with and frankly probably don’t understand is a great way to alienate people. I voted for Obama in 2008 and got sick of his high-minded SOTU addresses but unwillingness to get in the trenches to make compromises with people he disagreed with. This is the first election I voted third party because I didn’t want to have to own having voted for either Biden or Trump. I’m outraged by the riots on 1/6 and the riots over the summer.

Agreed that this mindset is the problem Stanley. Making generalizations about groups you disagree with and frankly probably don’t understand is a great way to alienate people. I voted for Obama in 2008 and got sick of his high-minded SOTU addresses but unwillingness to get in the trenches to make compromises with people he disagreed with. This is the first election I voted third party because I didn’t want to have to own having voted for either Biden or Trump. I’m outraged by the riots on 1/6 and the riots over the summer.

Obama bent over backwards to compromise and to work with Republicans. And he got fucked by them throughout his terms and continues to get blamed by their rhetoric even now. Good job.

ACA was and is a great benefit for "working-class voters in old industrial towns". Who fucked it? Republicans. But let's blame Obama for high-mindedness and not understanding people.

Obama made the mistake of entertaining reasonable arguments from unreasonable people.

It’s the same with the nitwits trying to overthrow the government. Sure they make a reasonable point at times, but their eventual goal is nonsense. So, screw em.

Obama was a naive, gutless, POS - but he's your hero. A wonderful snake oil salesman.

Living the highlife in Martha's Vineyard, while his suckers in the South Side of Chicago kill each other.

Obama could have done so much for Chicago and the country.

But like Clinton and Biden, he really wanted to get rich and use his position to be with his elite friends/celebrities.

You guys fell for his act. He gets the last laugh.  Obama was a huge help quelling the violence in Chicago - total silence - thanks for your leadership Barrack!

Oh, by the way- my wife - "Big Mike" might run for President one of these says - don't forget that when she calls ALL of you republicans' RACISTS.

I have spoken with people who work at nationwide gun and ammunition distributors, and I can tell you without hesitation the sales are off the charts right now.  The questions is how long it will last.

The same happened when Obama was elected.  These guys are too weak for democracy and can't handle when their guy loses.

One Republican senator said that democracy isn't for sissies, and he was talking about Trump.

^ Truth is - when your elected leaders will not protect your lives or you property - some feel more secure taking matters into their own hands.

Big city leaders stood by for months watch and encouraging the destruction.  I myself, hate guns, always have, but recently applied for

a FOIA card in Illinois. I know I can't rely on the mayor of Chicago.

NRA files bankruptcy!  I guess the NRA's leaders went to Trump University to study finance.  Cheers!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/national-rifle-association-files-bankruptcy-213447744.html

Funny!  I am amazed actually that they are so poorly run. But it's ok with me - never liked NRA & Wayne.

But I'll still buy a handgun to protect my family against BLM and AntiFa.

The Banana Republicans are pissed:

Feeling Betrayed, Far-Right Extremists Have A New Message For Trump: ‘Get Out Of Our Way’

As Trump backs down from his “Stop the Steal” hoax, the supporters he radicalized are vowing to carry on the fight without him.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-supporters-betrayed_n_60016777c5b62c0057bc11ab

This has been widely reported including some very reliable sources, so it is certainly an underestimated shift that has started and may gain speed in certain groups.

Thanks for providing a link and quotes and communicating rationally. One comment though, personally I'd prefer to see a better source than Huffington Post.

Maybe we could all try not to use sources like Huffington Post or NYPost or Breitbart?

Huffpost is rated as less biased and more reliable than say Fox News or Breitbart, and MSNBC, but still . . .

Here's a media bias chart

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/static-mbc/#iLightbox[3b5370965727de68b30]/0

Signs you were conned by a snake oil salesman who claimed to be “tough on China”:

ErtWiqEWMAIArQr?format=png&name=small

To be fair, some of the trade imbalance in 2020 was due to the epidemic hitting US exports (planes, machinery etc) more so than imports from China (consumer & Electronic goods).

Signs you were conned by a snake oil salesman who claimed to be “tough on China”:

ErtWiqEWMAIArQr?format=png&name=small

To be fair, some of the trade imbalance in 2020 was due to the epidemic hitting US exports (planes, machinery etc) more so than imports from China (consumer & Electronic goods).

That graph represents China's trade with ROW, not just USA. China has emerged from the Trump Presidency as stronger than before it.

The point was that this was the one thing Trumpers were pointing to as redeeming about the guy: "at least he's tough on China!". Last I checked, Tiktok was still operational.

NRA files bankruptcy!  I guess the NRA's leaders went to Trump University to study finance.  Cheers!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/national-rifle-association-files-bankruptcy-213447744.html

Funny!  I am amazed actually that they are so poorly run. But it's ok with me - never liked NRA & Wayne.

But I'll still buy a handgun to protect my family against BLM and AntiFa.

You'll need it if you become a congressman or senator too!  Trump's supporters were going after both Republican and Democratic members...unlike BLM and Antifa who actually have an agenda.  Trump's supporters are simply a lynch mob and they just wanted blood...didn't matter whose blood.  Patriots who eschew their own democratic government!  Cheers!