A Sad Day For America

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the failure of the two party system.

Lol. Classic castanza. “Buh buh buh both sides”!

I think the behavior is abhorrent. I think Trump lost and should leave office. Whatever evidence of voter fraud is insignificant enough to not change the election. I was satisfied with the outcome of the investigations.

Massie had a good tweet today "Cold Hard Facts"

1.) If every Republican votes to disallow every Biden elector on Jan 6th, Biden will still win based on simple math.

2.) No state has sent a competing set of electors. No state legislature has asked congress to reject it's electors.

3.) Trumps new AG isn't investigating anything

I think the handful of Republicans who encouraged this should be prosecuted. I think the Democrats who encouraged/turned a blind eye to Antifa and other groups should also be prosecuted. The fact that you can look at this and see the country divided 50/50 while only putting blame on one side is simply amazing. This isn't a movement that happened over 4 years with Chief Orange Man Bad in office. This has been in the works for a long time. Trump (with this personality and loud mouth) was the match.

This absolutely is a two party system failure. Anytime you establish two group and force individuals to take hard stance that eventually get to "all or nothing" or "fundamental level" changes you will have issues. There is NO middle ground available for 99% of America. It's accept this or that extreme outcome.

Castanza, my view is slightly different. The 2 party system is the symptom. The core problem is people are not holding politicians accountable. People celebrate unethical behaviour. They celebrate politicians who lie. They celebrate politicians who are viciously flawed. Like i say to my kids... if you don’t like something in your life to fix it the best place to start is to look in the mirror.

It’s a respectable view. And I agree to an extent. Sort of a chicken and egg thing. But to go one step further, we wouldn’t need to hold politicians as accountable if we gave them less power and influence. This is why (at least to me) the political response of more government power to combat poor government driven outcomes is mind boggling. All it does is allow lobbyist, greed, and corruption to permeate more easily.

Humans are flawed. Any system that allows our flaws to affect the most people is failed from the beginning.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like BLM and antifa believes in the justice system?

Oh so you now you condone this by using BLM and antifa as you criteria of responsible behaviour?

Some of us spoke out and condemned violence and rioting all last year. Thankfully we have a president who is condemning this on day one.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/06/trump-releases-statement-telling-supporters-in-dc-to-go-home/

I don't think violence is the way to go but I can see why people care upset. The left paved the way, set the precedent for this.  You guys never accepted or supported trump either.

That nets it out very well.

And, of course, the BLM/Antifa organizations provide the direct funding to the Democratic Party.

Hence, complete silence by the Cheat-to-Win Democratic Party on BLM/Antifa destructive behavior.

Oh so you now you condone this by using BLM and antifa as you criteria of responsible behaviour?

Some of us spoke out and condemned violence and rioting all last year. Thankfully we have a president who is condemning this on day one.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/06/trump-releases-statement-telling-supporters-in-dc-to-go-home/

He did it after his own vice-president condemned what was happening, while Trump sat on his orange ass loving every moment from his office!  Cheers!

You have got to be kidding!

Trump took to TV to essentially make a promo for his "the election was stolen" bull sh*t. 

And FYI four years ago I said here that protestors needed to stop rioting and give Trump six months to see how he would do as President.

^ It's important to point out that worthless President Elect and then Candidate Joe Biden and faker Komrade Kamala, last summer NEVER ONCE

condemn the summer of violence, looting, arson in our wonderful cities - NOT ONCE.

NOT ONE WORD at the Democratic National Convention about the terrible summer of violence. NOT ONE.

They did however - arrange bail for the thugs and criminals involved.

That is the difference - don't be a hypocrite.

Big fucking difference between attacking Senators, Congressmen, the Speaker of the House and the VP of the United States than simply rioting in the streets.  Even you can tell the difference, can't you?  Or are you too far gone and this is just tit for tat?  Cheers!

^ Typical elitist view:  "I'm more important than you"

Mayor Lori Lightfoot of Chicago - protects her home from protestors, yet allows every one else's property to burn to the ground and be looted.

After all, they were due reparations and needed to blow off steam.

Nothing like 2 tier system of justice, is there Parsad?

Nothing to do with an elitist view...they are attacking the seat of democracy in the United States...undermining their own government!  Can't you get that through your thick, occluded skull?

^ It's important to point out that worthless President Elect and then Candidate Joe Biden and faker Komrade Kamala, last summer NEVER ONCE

condemn the summer of violence, looting, arson in our wonderful cities - NOT ONCE.

NOT ONE WORD at the Democratic National Convention about the terrible summer of violence. NOT ONE.

They did however - arrange bail for the thugs and criminals involved.

That is the difference - don't be a hypocrite.

Big fucking difference between attacking Senators, Congressmen, the Speaker of the House and the VP of the United States than simply rioting in the streets.  Even you can tell the difference, can't you?  Or are you too far gone and this is just tit for tat? 

Let me guess, they are more important than regular people? I haven't quite kept up with the way you guys rank lives. All lives dont matter, but black lives do. Where do politicians fit in? Probably above all and below black? Just guessing, I really dont know. I personally just view a life as a life.

Again, they are attacking the capitol building...attacking government officials...even aiming their rhetoric at their own vice-president.  Nothing to do with regular people...they are undermining their own government.  Cheers!

These Trump guys are just completely in denial of the significance of an attack on their own federal government. It may not mean anything to them, but it certainly does to the rest of the world.

Here is a description of what happened today from a Republican senator. Holy shit batman!

—————————-

Live Updates: Pro-Trump Mob Breaches Capitol, Halting Vote Certification

- https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/06/us/washington-dc-protests?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage&action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage#republican-senator-ben-sasse-unloads-on-trump

Senator Ben Sasse, Republican of Nebraska, was unsparing in his criticism of President Trump as the instigator of the day’s events.

“Today, the United States Capitol — the world’s greatest symbol of self-government — was ransacked while the leader of the free world cowered behind his keyboard — tweeting against his vice president for fulfilling the duties of his oath to the Constitution,” he said in a statement.

“Lies have consequences,” he continued. “This violence was the inevitable and ugly outcome of the president’s addiction to constantly stoking division.”

He added: “Americans are better than this: Americans aren’t nihilists. Americans aren’t arsonists. Americans aren’t French revolutionaries taking to the barricades.”

I think the behavior is abhorrent. I think Trump lost and should leave office. Whatever evidence of voter fraud is insignificant enough to not change the election. I was satisfied with the outcome of the investigations.

1.) If every Republican votes to disallow every Biden elector on Jan 6th, Biden will still win based on simple math.

2.) No state has sent a competing set of electors. No state legislature has asked congress to reject it's electors.

I think the handful of Republicans who encouraged this should be prosecuted. I think the Democrats who encouraged/turned a blind eye to Antifa and other groups should also be prosecuted. The fact that you can look at this and see the country divided 50/50 while only putting blame on one side is simply amazing. This isn't a movement that happened over 4 years with Chief Orange Man Bad in office. This has been in the works for a long time. Trump (with this personality and loud mouth) was the match.

This absolutely is a two party system failure. Anytime you establish two group and force individuals to take hard stance that eventually get to "all or nothing" or "fundamental level" changes you will have issues. There is NO middle ground available for 99% of America. It's accept this or that extreme outcome.

Castanza, my view is slightly different. The 2 party system is the symptom. The core problem is people are not holding politicians accountable. People celebrate unethical behaviour. They celebrate politicians who lie. They celebrate politicians who are viciously flawed. Like i say to my kids... if you don’t like something in your life to fix it the best place to start is to look in the mirror.

The two party system is basically forced by the constitution and the winner take all system for elections. countries that have equal representation for each vote don‘t have two party system as more than two parties can be represented in bodies the government.

So when you ask for abolishment of the two party system, you are basically asking for a significant change in the Constitution.

Here is a description of what happened today from a Republican senator. Holy shit batman!

—————————-

- https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/06/us/washington-dc-protests?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage&action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage#republican-senator-ben-sasse-unloads-on-trump

Senator Ben Sasse, Republican of Nebraska, was unsparing in his criticism of President Trump as the instigator of the day’s events.

“Today, the United States Capitol — the world’s greatest symbol of self-government — was ransacked while the leader of the free world cowered behind his keyboard — tweeting against his vice president for fulfilling the duties of his oath to the Constitution,” he said in a statement.

“Lies have consequences,” he continued. “This violence was the inevitable and ugly outcome of the president’s addiction to constantly stoking division.”

He added: “Americans are better than this: Americans aren’t nihilists. Americans aren’t arsonists. Americans aren’t French revolutionaries taking to the barricades.”

Eloquently stated...but just common sense.  Six years ago, this was a joke...then four years ago it became a reality show...two years ago it became shameful and ridiculous...today it has become essentially a coup and stain on American democracy.  No one took this seriously and now it could become a crisis of epic proportions.  Cheers!

A crisis of epic proportions! LOL this has been awesomely amusing for sure. Imagine if folks started taking riots and angry protesters serious 6 months ago? America would look like Zimbabwe or something.

—————————-

Eloquently stated...but just common sense.  Six years ago, this was a joke...then four years ago it became a reality show...two years ago it became shameful and ridiculous...today it has become essentially a coup and stain on American democracy.  No one took this seriously and now it could become a crisis of epic proportions.  Cheers!

Some if us have been saying this for several years now only to be scoffed at by the Trumpists who still haven't figured it out.

A crisis of epic proportions! LOL this has been awesomely amusing for sure. Imagine if folks started taking riots and angry protesters serious 6 months ago? America would look like Zimbabwe or something.

I don't know if you understand the concept of 'credibility', but your country is losing theirs as we watch tonight. I know, I know, you don't care.

These Trump guys are just completely in denial of the significance of an attack on their own federal government. It may not mean anything to them, but it certainly does to the rest of the world.

Try not and re-write history CW - I was HORRIFIED AND DISGUSTED all year last year. 

Meanwhile - Cheat-to-Win Democrats and DNC leadership losers Biden/Harris/Nadler/Pelosi, pretend NOTHING is happening.

All year long. It's all good. Peaceful protestors. Nothing to see here. Just blowing off steam. Reparations, blah, blah, blah.

What happened for 3-4 hours today is NOTHING compared to the travesty the Democrats perpetuated in 2020.

Alas, you and I agree - the world is watching and we are Third World.  Thanks for starting it all Barrack!

The twomparty system is forced by the constitution and the winner take all system for elections. countries that have equal representation for each vote don‘t have two party system as more than two parties can be represented in bodies the government.

So when you ask for abolishment of the two party system, you are basically asking for a significant change in the Constitution.

The two party system becomes more engrained and more important with the expansion of the government at the Federal level. The stakes are higher the more powerful govt gets. Do you think this would be happening if there wasn’t the threat of sweeping changes at a federal level across the aisle? With every action there is an equal reaction.

Personally I like how the Swiss setup their version of Congress/Cabinet.

Trump's video tweet telling supporters to go home has been tagged by Twitter and cannot be retweeted or replied to or liked due to a risk of violence.

^ Of course!!!

The Brownshirts are in charge of the Media censorship too!

Not only are we Third World - but we are full fledged Nazis!

Jack Dorsey is the new Goebbels.

Thanks for your divisive legacy Barrack - you really left your mark on the Nation!

"Trump's video tweet telling supporters to go home has been tagged by Twitter and cannot be retweeted or replied to or liked due to a risk of violence."

You mean the one where he rants about the "stolen' election and then mentions that people should go home and stop rioting? The one his staff had to force him to make?

Just tweeted by the twit...

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long. Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!

Time for the Twenty-fifth Amendment.

This is probably the biggest crisis we've faced since WW2 and Hitler. I am glad Ive got a few guns.

My grandparents had guns before WW2 and Hitler too. They didn’t help against either.

Amusing to hear people who were in an uproar when a Target got looted trying to brush today off as "no big deal"