Destroy The GOP!

Parsad

Hmmm, Trump's supporters not only hate Obama, Biden, Hillary, AOC, Talib et al, but now want to destroy the GOP!  These guys would burn down their own house and eat their children if it meant Trump wins.  Maybe Qanon should start talking about the destructive, chaotic, sociopathic nature of MAGA/Trump supporters!  Cheers!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/maga-protesters-chant-destroy-gop-212752437.html

White guys without educations.

Sadly, there's alot of white guys with educations that support Trump.  And not just white, but many minorities too.  They've bought into the cult...the hate...the extreme behavior.

My nephew is five and he watches Trump and doesn't know how he can behave that way and treat others like that.  He's in kindergarten!  Cheers!

I agree that Obama, Biden, Clinton and Tilab are terrible (AOC is not too bad).

They're probably right in that the GOP needs to be blown up. The GOP (in its pre-Trump form) is anti-middle class, pro-rich and too pro-business. Trump is also pretty anti middle class but he helped shift the party. If Josh Hawley gets the nomination, he should pretty easily beat Harris in 2024 and he'll set the future tone of the party.

White guys without educations.

Sadly, there's alot of white guys with educations that support Trump.  And not just white, but many minorities too.  They've bought into the cult...the hate...the extreme behavior.

"..the hate.."

Hate of what?

"White guys without educations"

education /= intelligence

You guys sound like Mike Bloomberg when he said he could teach anybody how to farm in a few minutes.  Just throw some seeds in the ground and water it.

My uncle is a blue collar welder.  He would be one of your uneducated "white guy" deplorables.  He's probably more intelligent than most of the people here.  He's started multiple business and has done very well for himself.  The class he associates with has been left behind while people swapping pieces of paper on wall street are making a killing.

I would prefer Save the GOP. We need the balance. But I’d like the Pre Newt Gingrich GOP. Actually I think we need a multi party system so maybe the moderates from both sides form a new party. Romney and Trump don’t fit in the same party. Bernie and Buttigieg don’t fit in the same party. I’d like a party with Romney and Buttigieg.

My uncle is a blue collar welder.  He would be one of your uneducated "white guy" deplorables.  He's probably more intelligent than most of the people here.  He's started multiple business and has done very well for himself.  The class he associates with has been left behind while people swapping pieces of paper on wall street are making a killing.

No doubt this “class” of people have been screwed the most for decades now. Effectively being forced to compete with folks in other countries who will do the work for much less.

There is no easy answer out of the above problem. Globalization does need some checks and liberal economists were wrong and did not see the downside of unchecked globalization or even immigration.

That being said, while Trump spoke to these people, it is very hard to see what tangibly he did in 4 years to actually benefit these people. I get it, they liked him because no one else seemed to even acknowledge their struggles for so long. But that doesn’t change the fact that Trump just used that love for his own benefit and produced very little, if anything, of tangible value for these “classes”. Furthermore, he has trampled on many sacred traditions and norms (though the system withstood).

The one Trump legacy may actually be what his Presidency does indirectly to the conversation—now folks are waking up to the actual wants and needs of the “class” that was ignored for so long. If you think the Biden admin or even Harris will be leftist, you are kidding yourself. The Dems did not do well this election cycle (House/Senate). The one thing Trump has done is move the whole conversation rightward.

President Reagan, in a 1988 Thanksgiving address, decried protectionism and said, “One of the key factors behind our nation’s great prosperity is the open trade policy that allows the American people to freely exchange goods and services with free people around the world.”

https://www.reaganfoundation.org/reagan-institute/centers/articles/is-the-gop-still-the-party-of-free-trade/

President Reagan, in a 1988 Thanksgiving address, decried protectionism and said, “One of the key factors behind our nation’s great prosperity is the open trade policy that allows the American people to freely exchange goods and services with free people around the world.”

https://www.reaganfoundation.org/reagan-institute/centers/articles/is-the-gop-still-the-party-of-free-trade/

Well, the problem is that the free trade isn't happening with "free people."

No doubt this “class” of people have been screwed the most for decades now. Effectively being forced to compete with folks in other countries who will do the work for much less.

There is no easy answer out of the above problem. Globalization does need some checks and liberal economists were wrong and did not see the downside of unchecked globalization or even immigration.

That being said, while Trump spoke to these people, it is very hard to see what tangibly he did in 4 years to actually benefit these people. I get it, they liked him because no one else seemed to even acknowledge their struggles for so long. But that doesn’t change the fact that Trump just used that love for his own benefit and produced very little, if anything, of tangible value for these “classes”. Furthermore, he has trampled on many sacred traditions and norms (though the system withstood).

The one Trump legacy may actually be what his Presidency does indirectly to the conversation—now folks are waking up to the actual wants and needs of the “class” that was ignored for so long. If you think the Biden admin or even Harris will be leftist, you are kidding yourself. The Dems did not do well this election cycle (House/Senate). The one thing Trump has done is move the whole conversation rightward.

I agree with all that.  Even folks like Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders have tapped into this issue, but don't offer good remedies.  People haven't figured out yet that the federal reserve is widening the wealth gap through monetary policy.  Throughout this pandemic the 100 wealthiest in the world have become $1.3T wealthier.

^ Trump did so little for the working class, that thousands upon thousands showed up at his rallies for days on end during the campaign and before.

Since he did "nothing tangible" for them - I guess they are just the clueless working class deplorables with no education.

Dumb shits.

^ Trump did so little for the working class, that thousands upon thousands showed up at his rallies for days on end during the campaign and before.

Since he did "nothing tangible" for them - I guess they are just the clueless working class deplorables with no education.

Dumb shits.

If Trump did so much for the working class in the past 4 years, they should have been working and not able to attend rallies for days on end. 

Dumb shits.

If Trump did so much for the working class in the past 4 years, they should have been working and not able to attend rallies for days on end.

Touche' !

I think its partially in a joking matter, but with some truth to it as well. But I dont think much of the blue collar Trump base had jobs during the pandemic because their skillsets dont mesh with WFH.

I think it was the opposite.  It was mostly the blue collar work force that allowed everyone else to WFH.  Grocery clerks, truck drivers, plumbers, farmers, etc. 

I think its partially in a joking matter, but with some truth to it as well. But I dont think much of the blue collar Trump base had jobs during the pandemic because their skillsets dont mesh with WFH.

I think it was the opposite.  It was mostly the blue collar work force that allowed everyone else to WFH.  Grocery clerks, truck drivers, plumbers, farmers, etc.

Bingo!!

There is something dishonorable about those that criticize, but insist their Amazon and food deliveries are made on time. That their meds are stocked

in stores, their plumbing and electric are repaired, their landscaping is done, etc, etc

All the while hiding in the basement like Joe Biden or in my case, Governor Pritzker, the billionaire that has never missed a meal, but who has no

problem destroying small businesses and the lives of school children.

Yea I was kind of thinking of restaurant and small business types but thats true as well. The base is broad and obviously passionate and I think it's a shame MSM does so much to disparage these people because by and large they are responsible and hard working.

They definitely fall on both sides.  Based on the election results it looks like the difference is whether or not you live in a big city.

Yea I was kind of thinking of restaurant and small business types but thats true as well. The base is broad and obviously passionate and I think it's a shame MSM does so much to disparage these people because by and large they are responsible and hard working.

They definitely fall on both sides.  Based on the election results it looks like the difference is whether or not you live in a big city.

Don't point this out. Last time I pointed it out I got crucified. This country isn't divided by party. It's divided by geography and lifestyle (City vs Rural/Suburbs)

I am a little curious what the "Trump is only about himself" crowd think of the following items.

Post election, ie after he knows he's out...he has campaigned for GOP in Georgia, Aggressively pushed FDA to approve vaccine. Lobby for folks to get more stimulus and direct checks than EITHER Pelosi or McConnell. Today it was reported he is further requesting himself and government officials NOT be given preferential treatment in terms of receiving the vaccine.

Seems to kind of contradict that narrative and I'm struggling to find what his "its all about him" angle is for taking those positions.