Supreme Court Decisions

Parsad

What dont you get? Ive made clear my opinion, which I am entitled to, many times over the past year here. If you cant get off your ass and to a voting station, you shouldn't be able to vote. Only exceptions medical disability or on leave. Several states have exactly this type of rule/provision. Some just took it upon themselves to change it.

I believe there are likely huge % of people who did mail ins that would have otherwise went to the polls. But as for the lazy sacks of shit who wouldn't have, I have no issues with their votes not counting. There is no question, given the final figures, that a great number of people simply wouldn't have voted if they had to go to the polls....

And convenience? LOL please.....Oh Im so sorry to inconvenience you by asking you to show up to a polling station and exercise one of your civic duties! Please, excuse my outrageous request. Let me get you a paper ballot you can fill out on your couch! Are you kidding me. If you're too lazy to go to the polls, you shouldn't be able to vote.....Part of ones civic duty as an American is being inconvenienced sometimes. Sorry, paying taxes is inconvenient...jury duty...totally inconvenient. At one point in my life I'd have been losing in excess of $5,000 a day getting stuck with jury duty...slightly more than an "inconvenience"....Considering every election is hyped up as "the most important of our lives"...if you cant get off your ass, to hell with you.

My apologies.  I don't keep up with all your political posts.      So you're not insinuating fraud.  You support discarding votes from people who followed the rules but are, in your opinion, "lazy sacks of shit".    I think that's horrendous but of course you're entitled to your opinion.

As for your rant about convenience:

I think it's nonsensical to equate one's duty with the process by which one discharges that duty (civic or otherwise).  Things change, processes evolve.  Imagine for a moment that e-voting were widely established practice before you reached voting age.  You wouldn't have a preconceived notion that "civic duty" = "vote in person",  and you'd very likely choose to vote online for convenience. Nobody would call you lazy for doing it and you'd apparently save  at least $5000 / 24 * (# hrs it takes to vote in person) in the process.

On this point:  Since my last post, I've discovered that I lied.  I said that I would gladly vote by mail if that option were available to me.  It turns out that it is available --- I just never bothered looking into it.  I've been too lazy to look up whether I could save 30 mins every 4 -5 years.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-elections-canada-bracing-for-increase-in-mail-in-ballots-if-vote-held/

(But I do vote online in municipal elections.  Love that.)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, go on. Tell us more. It had been about a week without a covid update from cwericb....

Well someone needs to keep you updated on the “flu”.

But with 16 million active cases of a deadly disease spreading throughout the country, you advocate that people get together,  stand in lines for hours, and crowd into voting stations from coast to coast.

Sounds like a great idea to stop the spread. Too bad you couldn't keep it in your own country.

Yawn.....

tenor.gif?itemid=12835858

Seems to be an increasing number of posters here who resort to posting some dumb picture when they can't come up with any sort of logical explanation to support their position.

And in many cases these are the same posters who don't believe their country has the ability to hold a legitimate elections with mail in votes.

Unfortunate.

So is it convince we're after? Or the integrity of the election? Cant argue both sides?

Cuz for every "the voting machine is rigged" claim...its pretty easy to run a manual check on that.

However handing paper ballots to third parties that hand them to fourth parties, so on and so forth, that occasionally have instances where ballots are found in dumpsters or rivers or in trunks....certainly leaves a lot of room open to questioning? Casting a ballot directly and in person removes pretty much any room for shenanigans. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Seems to be an increasing number of posters here who resort to posting some dumb picture when they can't come up with any sort of logical explanation to support their position.

And in many cases these are the same posters who don't believe their country has the ability to hold a legitimate elections with mail in votes.

Unfortunate.

Support what position? LOL

You're whining about covid. You've been doing it for months. Who cares at this point?

Casting a ballot directly and in person removes pretty much any room for shenanigans. Why is this so difficult to understand?

I don't believe that you have been disagreed with regarding the integrity of in-person voting.  Therefore, I'm not sure to whom you are addressing your question.

Unfortunate.

You're whining about covid. You've been doing it for months. Who cares at this point?

We know you and other Trumpers don't care about people dying. We also have read your sexist and racist comments. 

Unfortunate.

We know you and other Trumpers don't care about people dying. We also have read your sexist and racist comments.

LOL back from class and already playing his identity politics race cards!

Good to have you back buddy.

I've think voting should be as easy as possible and longer than 8-12 hour window.

I'm open to understanding the opposing view on that. 

Convenience has been a tremendous investing trend. 

If there is going to be a government then voting should be as difficult and inconvenient as possible.  It should require a huge fee and limited to only property owners and business owners.  Voter ID cards should be as secure as passports and far more difficult to get.  With a 10 year mandatory sentence for illegally voting and a life sentence for any type of fraud by those who run the elections or count the votes.  And even if you qualify with the above conditions receiving any income at all from government or owning a company which receives subsidies or does business with the government in any year should disqualify you from voting for that year and the 7 following years.  Politicians, public employees, people on the dole, and government contractors should not be voting.

I've think voting should be as easy as possible and longer than 8-12 hour window.

If there is going to be a government then voting should be as difficult and inconvenient as possible.  It should require a huge fee and limited to only property owners and business owners.  Voter ID cards should be as secure as passports and far more difficult to get.  With a 10 year mandatory sentence for illegally voting and a life sentence for any type of fraud by those who run the elections or count the votes.  And even if you qualify with the above conditions receiving any income at all from government or owning a company which receives subsidies or does business with the government in any year should disqualify you from voting for that year and the 7 following years.  Politicians, public employees, people on the dole, and government contractors should not be voting.

Yea... but this would then eliminate the quid pro quo of "you give me vote, I give you handout/benefit"...

Yea Democrats want everyone to vote and Republicans want no one to vote. What's best(not this "oh democracy" bullshit) is probably somewhere in the middle with a skew toward "everyone" can vote. But the premise of what RK posted is very true. I dont think it should be "that" hard for someone to vote, but there should be minimal qualifications.

Yea... but this would then eliminate the quid pro quo of "you give me vote, I give you handout/benefit"...

Exactly.  If nothing else my last sentence should be implemented with some edits.  Politicians (and their immediate family) , public employees (and their immediate family), people on the dole (and their immediate family), government contractors (and their immediate family), and people who pay no taxes should not be voting.

You want only property owners and business owners to vote. So you want it the way it was before 1850. Hmm... yeah maybe not.

You want only property owners and business owners to vote. So you want it the way it was before 1850. Hmm... yeah maybe not.

Whats the matter? Dont want to have to wait 20 more years to vote?

Because other things sucked a long time ago doesn't mean that they didn't do anything right.  You want clean air?  So you want it the way it way hundreds of years ago?  Hmmm... yeah maybe not.

Because other things sucked a long time ago doesn't mean that they didn't do anything right.  You want clean air?  So you want it the way it way hundreds of years ago?  Hmmm... yeah maybe not.

Since you're dumb enough to think voting and air pollution are the same thing. Let me say it more clearly.  Property and businesses in the US are disproportionally controlled by White Men. Saying only property owners and business owners get to vote is the same as saying White Men get to vote. So like before 1850 it would mean women and minorities don't really get to vote. What's next? Do you also want to bring back slavery?

https://www.loc.gov/classroom-materials/elections/right-to-vote/the-founders-and-the-vote/

Unfortunately, leaving election control to individual states led to unfair voting practices in the U.S. At first, white men with property were the only Americans routinely permitted to vote. President Andrew Jackson, champion of frontiersmen, helped advance the political rights of those who did not own property. By about 1860, most white men without property were enfranchised. But African Americans, women, Native Americans, non-English speakers, and citizens between the ages of 18 and 21 had to fight for the right to vote in this country.

Are we just coming up with random criteria to restrict voting?

If you guys (and believe me I doubt there are any women reading this dumpster fire of a sub-forum) have noticed over the last few hundred years, voting has been constitutionally expanded, not restricted.

Do you think this is a mistake or should we start going backwards: you must travel to a polling station; you must pay a poll tax; you must pass a literacy test; you must own 100 acres of land; you must be a white man; you must be Christian; you must have a username on COBF as "LC".

Personally I think the last one has real merit but I guess some backwards hicks would label it "regressive".

Since you're dumb enough to think voting and air pollution are the same thing. Let me say it more clearly.  Property and businesses in the US are disproportionally controlled by White Men. Saying only property owners and business owners get to vote is the same as saying White Men get to vote. So like before 1850 it would mean women and minorities don't really get to vote. What's next? Do you also want to bring back slavery?

https://www.loc.gov/classroom-materials/elections/right-to-vote/the-founders-and-the-vote/

Unfortunately, leaving election control to individual states led to unfair voting practices in the U.S. At first, white men with property were the only Americans routinely permitted to vote. President Andrew Jackson, champion of frontiersmen, helped advance the political rights of those who did not own property. By about 1860, most white men without property were enfranchised. But African Americans, women, Native Americans, non-English speakers, and citizens between the ages of 18 and 21 had to fight for the right to vote in this country.

I agree that voting is violence and it would be best to get rid of it altogether, which is why I started my post with "If there is going to be a government then...".  There is no way to make violence, theft, and murder good and fair.  Expanding voting certainly won't (and hasn't), it is just making things worse and government bigger.

You can claim the expansion of government in the US is some great calamity but I would guess your portfolio is made up of predominately companies based in this democratic-voting-is-violence/big-government-has-taken-over society.

Put your money where your mouth is. I don't see you packing your bags or throwing your investment dollars towards a squatter's community in Spain.

You can claim the expansion of government in the US is some great calamity but I would guess your portfolio is made up of predominately companies based in this democratic-voting-is-violence/big-government-has-taken-over society.

Put your money where your mouth is. I don't see you packing your bags or throwing your investment dollars towards a squatter's community in Spain.

MSGA - Make Spain Great Again

Trump is headed there so he doesn't end up in jail.  Cheers!

I agree that voting is violence and it would be best to get rid of it altogether, which is why I started my post with "If there is going to be a government then...".  There is no way to make violence, theft, and murder good and fair.  Expanding voting certainly won't (and hasn't), it is just making things worse and government bigger.

I'm still trying to understand WHY voting should be very difficult.  I see the list of people who should not be allowed.  But doesn't have a rationale included. 

FYI- Hard to tell if @rkbabang is joking.  As maybe just have a dry sense of humor.  So disregard.