Keeping Politics Board

Just too much fun, and I don't see it ending even if Biden gets inaugurated.  The new investing site will not have a Politics Board...and it will be zero-tolerance Cardboard!

But I will keep up this separate site...get rid of the investing portion and change the name.  Your username and sign-ons will remain the same for both boards.

Any names you suggest?

Cheers!

Just can it.

I only have enough tabs for so much. I do, unlike some who frequent this section, have a very heavy skew towards investing, so my options are limited in terms of what I stay on top of. This site has developed a place in my heart, but sometimes, breaking a pencil in half fails to create two pencils...Believe it or not, I dont like politics enough to hang out on a purely politics website. This site is awesome, but if we're breaking up, I'll just stick to the investing part.

Lots to learn from on here. You don't need a thread on human misjudgment, just glance over here from time to time to see live demonstrations of it.

Take Trump for example -- a piece of scum and unfit sure, but he has achieved a nearly unrivaled level of marketing/brand power. I would argue he's a genius on turning his customers into pure suckers. Raised over $170M in less than a month after the election...the vast majority will not be spent "fighting election fraud", and probably not on anything political in the end. The "fraud"--a beautiful play on his 'customers'--sure, it damages our democratic norms, but that doesn't matter to him and it works like a charm. And now he has the RNC wrapped around his finger. There are definitely folks riding his coattails right now to make a buck too.

Something on the order of Coca Cola, Apple, or more. His bag of tricks have worked wonders even on some supposedly objective investors. People used to make fun of folks for lining up hours for the new iPhone or their loyalty to Coke vs Pepsi...well, how does that compare to what you are seeing now from Trump Org customers? I mean lining up for iPhone may seem silly, but all the stuff Trump is driving his 'customers' to do makes that look like child's play.

Watching Sidney Powell and Giuliani hearings? Believing in PR releases over what's actually presented in court (a whole lotta nothing), even hinting at "overthrowing the election"...Hunter's Laptop, Hugo Chavez from the grave, Kraken, etc...

There are most definitely some marketing/business lessons here. Folks can be turned into zombies. It's incredible. Seeing value investors fall for it makes it even more of a memorable lesson.

I dated a girl a while back and at first date she talked about a previous man she had dated mentioning that he was a Libertarian, had guns at home and had taught his children on how to use them.

She felt uncomfortable and since she had kids was even more nervous.

About certain that I could not be with such "group" since it is rather rare in Canada and especially in my area she asked what I thought?

I said, I agree with many of their principles but, I am not quite Rkbabang. She laughed thinking this was some kind of joke about guns making noise and it went rather well after...

Cardboard

Parsad getting ready for Trump's 2nd term! #KAG

Cheers!

We're going to put together an eggscellent board with the best posters...all picked by me, because everyone knows how eggscellent my choices are...no lying to the people like all of the other mainstream fake news.  We're going to make Message Boards Great Again...Mmmm...Bbbb.....Ggggg...Aaaaa.  Needs some work, but it's an eggcellent start!  Cheers!

• 1 month later...

So, the election is settled - are we canning the politics board or not? I guess the user engagement in this section is good, but it certainly spills over anywhere also. I am in favor of canning the politics section and make CoBF great again!

Same here. Although I am beginning to wonder if Sanjeev enjoys the page views! September turned into October, then 2 weeks after the election. Now we're rounding out January....its fun and all, but...I like investing more.

IMO the politics board is hurting the long term sustainability of this community and should be removed. It will be interesting to see where Sanjeev's priorities lie  ;D

IMO the politics board is hurting the long term sustainability of this community and should be removed. It will be interesting to see where Sanjeev's priorities lie  ;D

I agree. It's like having a corner in the the neighborhood where the junkies buy and sell crack and push needles. Not every activity is desirable.