Fox News Unwatchable

Parsad

So according to the jackass that used to tout almost everything on Fox and Fox News when he became President, now says that Fox News is unwatchable.  I'm guessing because they supported the first amendment when Trump was dumping on the mainstream media and attacking journalists like a rabid racoon.  As well, Fox News actually chose to report the news unlike Hannity, Laura Ingram, Breitbart, Newsmax, Qanon and all the other shit-kicking, lying right wing trolls.  Cheers! 

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/trump-tells-viewers-watch-anything-150349831.html

I haven't had cable/satellite or any of the fake news networks since 2014..I suggest you try it. You won't miss out on knowledge of any material news and you'll spare yourself the occasional encounter with these pompous, makeup wearing, plastic surgery ridden, hollow men and women. But this is independent of Trump being correct about the media. They are scum. All of them, until proven innocent. They serve no purpose other than to monetize divisiveness and make the world a worse off place. There's much better ways to stay up to date with whats really happening in the world, rather than rely on these losers to tell you "their" version of events.

I haven't had cable/satellite or any of the fake news networks since 2014..I suggest you try it. You won't miss out on knowledge of any material news and you'll spare yourself the occasional encounter with these pompous, makeup wearing, plastic surgery ridden, hollow men and women. But this is independent of Trump being correct about the media. They are scum. All of them, until proven innocent. They serve no purpose other than to monetize divisiveness and make the world a worse off place. There's much better ways to stay up to date with whats really happening in the world, rather than rely on these losers to tell you "their" version of events.

Yes, let's get rid of all books too.  What do journalists know anyways? 

Why would we need people like Ben Franklin, Joe Pulitzer, Hunter S. Thompson, Woodward & Bernstein, Edward R. Murrow, Walter Cronkrite, Dan Rathers, Jim Lehrer, etc.  The world would be better off without them!  Cheers!

You're citing a collection of what is largely yester-years examples. What media has evolved into in the past decade or two is very different than what it was before that. At best those are exceptions to the rule.

And what does this have to do with books? I read books nonstop. Reading is far superior to watching some hypocritical hack tell you their version of an event and try to pass it off as unbiased reporting. I can take down probably 10x the information reading during the same span it takes these blowhards to give their "presentations"...

So according to the jackass that used to tout almost everything on Fox and Fox News when he became President, now says that Fox News is unwatchable.  I'm guessing because they supported the first amendment when Trump was dumping on the mainstream media and attacking journalists like a rabid racoon.  As well, Fox News actually chose to report the news unlike Hannity, Laura Ingram, Breitbart, Newsmax, Qanon and all the other shit-kicking, lying right wing trolls.  Cheers! 

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/trump-tells-viewers-watch-anything-150349831.html

He has told his base not to watch any news source that reports inconvenient facts about him.  When Fox News called Arizona for Biden, Trump effectively said "You're fired!" and told his base to watch Newsmax.  This is the first President that I have witnessed so actively intimidating the press.  If he can move his base from network to network, then he is pressuring the networks to report favorably on him.

I watch Fox News Sunday every week.  Chris Wallace is very fair.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart was the last decent "news" program on TV.

I agree with Greg - there are better sources for information, and in this day-n-age I prefer written work as you can skip right past the biased parts and get to the actual facts. Long form articles I really enjoy as i am already committing some time to reading them, so it's not difficult to also pull out data sources concurrently to validate what is being written.

You're citing a collection of what is largely yester-years examples. What media has evolved into in the past decade or two is very different than what it was before that. At best those are exceptions to the rule.

And what does this have to do with books? I read books nonstop. Reading is far superior to watching some hypocritical hack tell you their version of an event and try to pass it off as unbiased reporting. I can take down probably 10x the information reading during the same span it takes these blowhards to give their "presentations"...

I haven't included more recent examples, because their place in history isn't as apparent...but what about Christiane Amanpour, Anderson Cooper, Chris Wallace, Brit Hume, Peter Mansbridge (Canadian), Ted Koppel, Steve Coll, Robert Novak, Tim Russert, George Stephanopoulos...the list goes on and on.  Cheers!

I haven't included more recent examples, because their place in history isn't as apparent...but what about Christiane Amanpour, Anderson Cooper, Chris Wallace, Brit Hume, Peter Mansbridge (Canadian), Ted Koppel, Steve Coll, Robert Novak, Tim Russert, George Stephanopoulos...the list goes on and on.  Cheers!

I actually agree that most network news is bullshit. Really, quality journalism these days is found in print. I count Reuters as print here though they reasonable minds may disagree.

There are plenty of good journalists out there but everyone has a boss and they have to put food on the table. Some of the CNN people are very smart. You watch them off CNN and they say some very smart things. Then you watch them on CNN and say some very dumb things. It's not that surprising when the head of CNN is a reality TV guy.

When it comes to FOX yeah, Hannity/Carlson/Ingrahm should probably be on a reservation. But I honestly don't even think that the Murdochs are even conservative. Just more bullshit. It's all about the Benjamins.

I haven't had cable since 2008. A happy accident of me moving to another country and not having time to buy a TV or cable subscription due to working in IB during a financial crisis. Thought it was a necessary thing before. It's not. One of the good thing to come out of GFC.