Lob the orange: Secret Trump $17.5M Collected in Hidden Chinese Bank Account

Dalal.Holdings

I'm surprised Trump having $17.5 M deposited in first year as President in his Chinese Bank Account and Ivanka's Special Treatment in China has not been discussed on this forum. If you think it's important enough to keep "Politics" live until after the election then surely a sitting President and a Chinese Bank Account he failed to disclose/his daughter's relationship to China (who along with her husband works in WH) warrants a discussion for anyone taking their voting seriously?

What am I missing, or am I the only one realising it's just everyone falling for Trump's/Rudy's diversions...again?

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/10/21/why-trump-chinese-bank-account-beijing-business-tax-returns-joe-hunter-biden/

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10/donald-trump-chinese-bank-account

...it turns out that China is one of only three foreign nations—the others are Britain and Ireland—where Mr. Trump maintains a bank account, according to an analysis of the president’s tax records...The foreign accounts do not show up on Mr. Trump’s public financial disclosures, where he must list personal assets, because they are held under corporate names... In 2017, the company reported an unusually large spike in revenue—some $17.5 million, more than the previous five years’ combined. It was accompanied by a $15.1 million withdrawal by Mr. Trump from the company’s capital account.

The records show that the company paid Chinese authorities $188,561 in taxes between 2013 and 2015. “Chinese taxes are usually about 25 percent of profits in China, so he’d have had to have done some business there to justify it,” Harris said. Trump has long pursued various interests and licenses in China, but an attorney for the Trump organization told the Times that no deals or transactions “ever materialized” and the office has been inactive since 2015.

Special treatment. Ivanka Trump appears to have received favorable treatment from the Chinese authorities for her own business efforts there.

Nothing from our internet sleuths who spend their time digging up info on zerohedge? Not surprising.

Trump’s distraction antics work very very well (on some people).

It allows him to get away with so much more than what he accuses his opponents of. He’s very lucky to have these folks to eat up his garbage.

More $$ from China to corrupt Trump. It's starting to make sense why the trade war and loud words against TikTok was a mere charade...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2020/10/23/forbes-estimates-china-paid-trump-at-least-54-million-since-he-took-office-via-mysterious-trump-tower-lease/#56916bceed11

President Donald Trump, who declared “I don’t make money from China” in Thursday night’s presidential debate, has in fact collected millions of dollars from government-owned entities in China since he took office. Forbes estimates that at least $5.4 million has flowed into the president’s business from a lease agreement involving a state-owned bank in Trump Tower.

The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China signed a lease for space in 2008, years before the president took office, paying about $1.9 million in annual rent. Trump is well-aware of the deal. “I’ll show you the Industrial Bank of China,” he told three Forbes journalists touring Trump Tower in 2015. “I have the best tenants in the world in this building.”

Trump moved from the skyscraper to the White House in 2017, but he held onto ownership of the retail and office space in the building, through his 100% interest in an entity called Trump Tower Commercial LLC. That put him in an unusual position, given that government-owned entities in China hold at least 70% of the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China. Suddenly, a routine real estate deal became a conduit for a foreign superpower to pay the president of the United States.

Trump has other financial connections to China. The New York Times revealed Tuesday that the U.S. president has a bank account in China. His daughter, Ivanka Trump, received 41 Chinese trademarks from the time she was appointed a White House adviser in March 2017 to April 2019, according to an analysis of documents. The review also showed that the trademarks Ivanka applied for after her father’s inauguration got approved about 40% faster than those she sought out beforehand.

I know, I know--this is from Forbes, not a reliable source like ZeroHedge or Rudy! LOL...