Kamala Harris

EricSchleien

Today I was expecting people to be angry AF that Biden chose Kamala for the VP role. This is someone who put over 1,500 people in jail for marijuana violations, and then laughed about it when she was asked if she’d ever smoked marijuana. She blocked evidence that would have freed a man from death row until the courts forced her to do so. She kept people in prison beyond their sentences to use them as cheap labor for the state of California. And she fought to keep cash bail system in place that impacts poor people in the worst kind of way.

How in the hell does running Kamala have any integrity or can even be taken seriously due to her horrendous record on criminal justice and civil rights?

Maybe I am missing something, I don't get it. I can understand you hating Trump. But being excited about Kamala? Really? Not trying to be a dick, just legit don't understand the excitement for what occurs to me as a massive "Fuck You" from the Democratic party to the people who vote Democrat and who are excited about actual reform in the criminal justice system.

Scatter like cockroaches they will.

But on the subject, Harris has an inexcusable track record, which is even further significant given the elevated risk the VP becomes POTUS prior to 4 years being up. She has demonstrated she will morph into whatever is needed to further advance her interests, which is dangerous with the extreme left gaining traction.

You have to wonder what Bidens team was thinking. Any half intelligent political strategist could have told you to grab a POC from Florida, Georgia, or PA. Then have Joe start talking tough and blasting some of the extreme left nonsense; which would appeal to moderates and maybe even if he's edgy enough, like with the police stuff, win over a few independents whom prefer Trumps hardline endorsement of cops/armed forced. Instead, you get Joe hiding in his basement and a VP who has made a career out of exploiting POC and "working" the system.

Scatter like cockroaches they will.

But on the subject, Harris has an inexcusable track record, which is even further significant given the elevated risk the VP becomes POTUS prior to 4 years being up. She has demonstrated she will morph into whatever is needed to further advance her interests, which is dangerous with the extreme left gaining traction.

You have to wonder what Bidens team was thinking. Any half intelligent political strategist could have told you to grab a POC from Florida, Georgia, or PA. Then have Joe start talking tough and blasting some of the extreme left nonsense; which would appeal to moderates and maybe even if he's edgy enough, like with the police stuff, win over a few independents whom prefer Trumps hardline endorsement of cops/armed forced. Instead, you get Joe hiding in his basement and a VP who has made a career out of exploiting POC and "working" the system.

Couldn't agree more. Well, I don't think Biden will have to leave before end of one term. But otherwise, as I stated in the other thread, Val Demings would have been absolutely perfect for the job.

Once again the Democrats prove their incompetence when it comes to strategy.

The democrats really are so bad at the game of politics.  They just trust that demographic winds are just so strong they don’t even have to try.  They’re basically right but that’s if you just pretend like democratic voting blocs will stay that way even if the party continues to be so blah.

The party stands for so little, in reality, that if the the republicans wanted to they could change official party position on like 2 things that won’t actually upset their base and will each just steal like 5% of the entire democratic voting bloc.  And they’re so busy being backward looking party sycophants that they can’t even see and exploit this.

It's just so universal. Bill Clinton was an outstanding politician, but Obama was an absolute failure in playing the game. Such a shame because I think Obama was well intentioned and pragmatic. His issue was that he assumed everyone else must be pragmatic too. Maybe it was his youth or blinding ambition but he didn't know that politics isn't about logic and rationality.

I had high hopes for Nancy Pelosi to be a smart chess player but I feel she's been underwhelming as well. Schumer is just terrible.

Part of the problem with the Democrats is the self righteous, PC, horse's asses that have taken a larger presence in the party. They are not team players. They don't see the big picture. They argue about the "sexism" behind Biden's process for picking a VP because he apparently "used" all these women to campaign with on the false premise that they'd be his VP. Where's the focus???

I really respect someone like Bernie Sanders for bowing out graciously and putting his full support behind Biden. He understands the game. For all his faults he's a smart politician. Too bad his followers are all a bunch of morons living in their parents' basements, many of whom will sit out this election.

Today I was expecting people to be angry AF that Biden chose Kamala for the VP role. This is someone who put over 1,500 people in jail for marijuana violations, and then laughed about it when she was asked if she’d ever smoked marijuana. She blocked evidence that would have freed a man from death row until the courts forced her to do so. She kept people in prison beyond their sentences to use them as cheap labor for the state of California. And she fought to keep cash bail system in place that impacts poor people in the worst kind of way.

How in the hell does running Kamala have any integrity or can even be taken seriously due to her horrendous record on criminal justice and civil rights?

Maybe I am missing something, I don't get it. I can understand you hating Trump. But being excited about Kamala? Really? Not trying to be a dick, just legit don't understand the excitement for what occurs to me as a massive "Fuck You" from the Democratic party to the people who vote Democrat and who are excited about actual reform in the criminal justice system.

Eric I agree with you 100%.  It is mind boggling why the Democratic party is running a Biden/Harris ticket in the year of George Floyd.  It is a slap in the face to everyone who has ever been abused by the justice system in the US.  It isn't really a surprise Biden would want her though, she thinks a lot like he does.  He's been a racist tough on crime drug warrior his entire career.  He wrote the crime bill and the patriot act.  I know he probably didn't write the Patriot act, but he claimed credit for it.  To me it is like when a terrorist group claims credit for a bombing.  You don't know if they really did it or not, but you know they are evil AF.

Will this be the year the Ds loose the majority of the black vote?  I don't know but they certainly should.  I predict a low turn out for this election, and I further predict that it will be blamed on the virus not the lack of anyone to vote for.

Hopefully Dr. Jo does well too.  If anyone wants to vote and wants to support a candidate that actually is intelligent and supports criminal justice reform, they should look seriously at her.

I have a feeling Biden/Harris is going to make the anti-injustice liberal as rare a species as Obama made the anti-war liberal and the Orangeman presidency has made the pro-free-speech liberal. 

Libertarians used to be able to describe themselves quickly as liberal on social issues and conservative on economic issues.  The problem today is that liberals are no longer liberal on social issues and conservatives are no longer conservative on economic ones.  The whole system needs to be just flushed down the toilet.

I like how she implied at the democratic debates that Biden was racist based on busing.

People will say anything to win at the debates.  Remember Trump's "Lying Ted Cruz" taunt, that his father helped kill Kennedy, and stuff about his wife...Ted is practically up Trump's asshole now if it gets him praised by the President.  Cheers!

It's just so universal. Bill Clinton was an outstanding politician, but Obama was an absolute failure in playing the game. Such a shame because I think Obama was well intentioned and pragmatic. His issue was that he assumed everyone else must be pragmatic too. Maybe it was his youth or blinding ambition but he didn't know that politics isn't about logic and rationality.

I had high hopes for Nancy Pelosi to be a smart chess player but I feel she's been underwhelming as well. Schumer is just terrible.

Part of the problem with the Democrats is the self righteous, PC, horse's asses that have taken a larger presence in the party. They are not team players. They don't see the big picture. They argue about the "sexism" behind Biden's process for picking a VP because he apparently "used" all these women to campaign with on the false premise that they'd be his VP. Where's the focus???

I really respect someone like Bernie Sanders for bowing out graciously and putting his full support behind Biden. He understands the game. For all his faults he's a smart politician. Too bad his followers are all a bunch of morons living in their parents' basements, many of whom will sit out this election.

+1 on that

Eric I agree with you 100%.  It is mind boggling why the Democratic party is running a Biden/Harris ticket in the year of George Floyd.  It is a slap in the face to everyone who has ever been abused by the justice system in the US.  It isn't really a surprise Biden would want her though, she thinks a lot like he does.  He's been a racist tough on crime drug warrior his entire career.  He wrote the crime bill and the patriot act.  I know he probably didn't write the Patriot act, but he claimed credit for it.  To me it is like when a terrorist group claims credit for a bombing.  You don't know if they really did it or not, but you know they are evil AF.

Will this be the year the Ds loose the majority of the black vote?  I don't know but they certainly should.  I predict a low turn out for this election, and I further predict that it will be blamed on the virus not the lack of anyone to vote for.

Hopefully Dr. Jo does well too.  If anyone wants to vote and wants to support a candidate that actually is intelligent and supports criminal justice reform, they should look seriously at her.

Dems got 91% of Black vote in 2016, Trump 9%.

IF Trump gets 15% of the Black vote - he is in as President.

I like how she implied at the democratic debates that Biden was racist based on busing.

People will say anything to win at the debates.  Remember Trump's "Lying Ted Cruz" taunt, that his father helped kill Kennedy, and stuff about his wife...Ted is practically up Trump's asshole now if it gets him praised by the President.  Cheers!

True but Trump didnt pick Cruz as his Vice President. Or how about when she said that she believes the 3 woman that accused Biden of sexual assault and their voices should be heard!