THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM

cwericb

Before moving this to the Politics Section, does this subject not exceed politics?

Are any board members concerned that Trump might try to control the outcome of the election effectively by passing democracy?

1) If trailing in the polls, might COVID 19 be used as an excuse to postpone the election as he continues to secure his power?

2) Should he lose the election, might he claim massive voter fraud and refuse to relinquish power on the basis that the “fraud is being investigated"?

3) If he trails in the polls or loses the election might he use Twitter to rally fanatical supporters creating an emergency involving civil unrest in an effort to remain in power?

4) Alternatively, if he loses the election will he depart with class wishing the new administration success?

For the past three years Trump has hand picked the top positions in the country demanding personal loyalty to him - not loyalty to the Country and its people.

I'm not really concerned about what you're describing at all. I think Trump will either carry the key states he won in the last election again, or the democratic candidate will gain a footing there and win the election. The probability of what you're describing (coup/conspiracy) seems extremely low. But, I can appreciate that it was shocking Trump won the first time and might do it again.

Before moving this to the Politics Section, does this subject not exceed politics?

Are any board members concerned that Trump might try to control the outcome of the election effectively by passing democracy?

1) If trailing in the polls, might COVID 19 be used as an excuse to postpone the election as he continues to secure his power?

2) Should he lose the election, might he claim massive voter fraud and refuse to relinquish power on the basis that the “fraud is being investigated"?

3) If he trails in the polls or loses the election might he use Twitter to rally fanatical supporters creating an emergency involving civil unrest in an effort to remain in power?

4) Alternatively, if he loses the election will he depart with class wishing the new administration success?

For the past three years Trump has hand picked the top positions in the country demanding personal loyalty to him - not loyalty to the Country and its people.

Scenario No 4 will never happen.  The rest seem like a stretch .

Scenario No 4 will never happen.  The rest seem like a stretch .

Seems like a stretch, unless you believe what this series uncovers about the guy.

www.aetv.com/shows/the-trump-dynasty

I was in Ivory Coast in 2010 & wouldn't be at all surprised to see Trump pull the same stunt as Gbagbo.

I think you are onto something here. Trump is a dictator, we all know that know - he must be stopped NOW.

But if all this comes to pass - have the FBI trace his ties to Russian operatives, if you use ex-British intelligence officers as an intermediate - you should be fine.

Get the current Democratic candidate to fund $3M in "opposition research".  All this should do the trick, and you are unlikely to get caught.

But just in case you need an "insurance policy" against the "deplorables" - leak some of his confidential phone calls and alter FISA court documents, just to be sure.

Do your best to "entrap" anyone associated with Trump - after all, their civil liberties are not important. You will be operating "For a Higher Cause".

Also, keep a close eye on those Ukrainians - there's a lot of "quid pro quo" going on there too...

But listen - if ALL ELSE FAILS:  Get a renowned attorney, like Michael Avenatti to take down the President - after all - he's has no baggage, has

a SPOTLESS legal reputation - AND IS QUITE POSSIBLY, a fine Presidential Candidate himself according to CNN & MSNBC. He's quite solid, we've

be assured by an unbiased media.

Don't worry about Covid19 - Trump will have killed off most of his opposition thanks to the efforts of Andrew Cuomo and Bill DeBlasio.

But, if none of that works- WHATEVER YOU DO - just continue the resistance. What the American electorate wants is not important.

Well, you would need to suppress mail-in voting:

https://www.msnbc.com/kasie-dc/watch/rnc-says-it-has-sued-ca-governor-newsom-over-mail-in-ballots-83868229786

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/20/trump-threatens-federal-funding-for-michigan-mail-in-voting-270609

In an interview with TIME, Donald Trump’s son-in-law and unqualified advisor Jared Kushner was asked whether there was a chance the presidential election could be postponed and he refused to rule the idea out entirely.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jared-kushner-wont-say-for-sure-whether-the-election-will-happen-in-november-as-if-thats-a-thing-he-has-a-say-in/ar-BB142JhQ

He will probably be thrown out on his ass on the 1600 block of Pennsylvania Avenue by the Secret Service like a drunk that refuses to leave a club.

They'll probably be happy to do it after working for the guy for 4 years.

It'll have great ratings.

1) will not happen. The President has no power to postpone the election.

2) 100% guaranteed likely he will claim massive voter fraud if he does lose, given he made this claim even when he won.

3) Yes that is a fear I have. If he loses, some of the cult followers take up arms and violence causing civil unrest. And Trump even if he doesn't direct them to do so, will indirectly throw fuel into that fire.

4) Will not happen.

Either he wins and we head more towards authoritarianism (take a look at what's happening at DOJ with Bill Barr, it's unprecedented and frightening)

Or he loses and claims voter fraud and tears country apart even more.

I can't imagine he stays quiet after losing either. Meaning for 4 years afterwards he will retain massive Twitter voice, and probably the whores in the media will give him a ton of attention. And maybe not lose much influence over the cult base either.

Just asking the question Cubs, no need to get sarcastic if you can't answer.

Don't let it bother you Cwericb - concentrate of getting your party off the losing streak and don't worry about the opposition.

Then you might have a chance of winning the election.

Here's a winning recipe for you:

1- Find a VIABLE candidate that actually makes sense. Forget the LEFT - America is a "Center Right" country. That is most important.

2- Present VIABLE policies to the voters - not screwball progressive non-sense that we heard during the debates.

That's all you need to do - pretty simple really.

Instead - the last 4 years has been:

1- One hoax after another, until you lose complete credibility with the American electorate. NO one is listening anymore.

2- Keep hammering away at Trump instead of doing something constructive for the people.

You're problem is NOT Trump. Your problem is the Democrats. Until you fix that, you are doomed.

Just asking the question Cubs, no need to get sarcastic if you can't answer.

I might have added... What is the process IF Trump was voted out and refused to leave office?

Something like this maybe.

I have very little self control when it comes to criticizing authoritarian liars and conmen, so yeah, please move this to politics so I can ignore.

It is incredibly hard to imagine myself letting another person, let alone some politician Ive never met, have this much control over my life and occupy this much mental space. You people are just as deranged and obsessed with Trump, as Trump is with Obama. Probably worse.

This! is really "THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM"? LOL

And no, it seems that when liberals post stuff like this Sanjeev takes a lot longer than the 6.7 seconds he usually takes to remove a thread when its posted by a conservative...

Trump loses, and there will be mass celebration across the land.

Trash that stinks too much, gets sanitized. The man is morbidly obese, nearing actuarial end-of-life, and his secrets/dirt die with him.

Caesar also kept his enemies close - and it didn't work out so well.

SD

To those who complain that this is a simply a political matter and not worthy of discussion...

If Putin, Xi Jinping or the leader of some other country was attempting to place their own person in the White House, would you feel that it was just a political problem and not worthy of discussion or concern?

If we are lucky, the USA will go back to being something like it used to be, maybe even better.

These are very graphic rabbit holes to go down, so be forewarned regarding the potential for graphic content.

If you want to see what our future could look like in a not so good outcome, go over to YouTube and enter "Liberian Civil War"

-or-

If you want to think about the direction our Justice Department is heading or what it is like when you can expect peaceful transfer of power and the rule of law, go over to YouTube and search for

"The Execution of former Liberian President Samuel K Doe YouTube"

Just remember, that this is deadly serious business. At some point you can be the person that says "I wish we had left before the border closed." If you think that is far fetched, think back on all the things that people wrote three months ago in the Coronavirus thread would never come to pass in the USA that are now a part of daily life in the USA today. It was overwhelmingly Trump supporters who were dead wrong on that issue too, by the way.

It is incredibly hard to imagine myself letting another person, let alone some politician Ive never met, have this much control over my life and occupy this much mental space. You people are just as deranged and obsessed with Trump, as Trump is with Obama. Probably worse.

Says the person whose mental space is occupied by posts that don't flatter Trump.

It was overwhelmingly Trump supporters who were dead wrong on that issue too, by the way.

Yeah, but now it's overwhelmingly Democratic leadership that is out to destroy the economy in hopes of replace Trump.

A crisis that bound the country together - and had all Americans clearly focused on "bending the curve" is now being used

as a political tool by the LEFT (Democrats) to destroy their lives.

Americans have figured it out, while Pritzker, Cuomo, DeBlasio, Newsom, Whitmer and other Democratic governors continue to

destroy small businesses and countless lives - in their grasp for power.

It's all playing out - as the party figures, it is their only hope to recapture the Presidency.

Fortunately, Americans are not that stupid.

It was overwhelmingly Trump supporters who were dead wrong on that issue too, by the way.

Yeah, but now it's overwhelmingly Democratic leadership that is out to destroy the economy in hopes of replace Trump.

A crisis that bound the country together - and had all Americans clearly focused on "bending the curve" is now being used

as a political tool by the LEFT (Democrats) to destroy their lives.

Americans have figured it out, while Pritzker, Cuomo, DeBlasio, Newsom, Whitmer and other Democratic governors continue to

destroy small businesses and countless lives - in their grasp for power.

It's all playing out - as the party figures, it is their only hope to recapture the Presidency.

Fortunately, Americans are not that stupid.

In a way, I agree with you. Here's how.

There is a risk that some nutbags on the left, or psychopaths on the left will try to manipulate the pandemic crisis to their benefit. We have certainly seen it happen on the right, why wouldn't it happen on the left too? With that said, I haven't seen a lot of evidence, yet. Plus polling seems to indicate that the US populace is still very much united despite what some Fox News commentators and others might say to stir the pot.

I also think that there is a risk that Trump has lost a lot of people on the right. If Trump has lost older voters, for example, who now realize that he almost got them all killed and they believe that he did it because he thought that his actions would keep his ratings and polls stay high, then those older people may be so distrusting that that they will never believe anything Trump says even if he happens to occasionally give accurate information like a stopped clock. There is a risk that people will say hear Trump say "it's safe now, you can come out" and they will think that if Trump is saying it, it must be a lie.

Plus Trump and his administration so botched the messaging on the first phase of the appropriate response to this pandemic, that he makes it very difficult for us to move on to the appropriate messaging for the next phase. We now need to accurately communicate how to safely, and judiciously reopen the country.

The divisive narrative you are repeating with no evidence does little to help the situation.

The White House guidelines were that states should NOT reopen unless they can show 2 weeks of declining cases.

Even the Republican governors ignored Trump here and re-opened while meeting no such criteria.  They could see the White House guidelines would destroy their state economies.

The divisive narrative you are repeating with no evidence does little to help the situation.

My narrative is anecdotal. I live in Illinois, run by Pritzker and Lightfoot - two of the biggest bozos in politics.

The locals have had it with these idiots. We are watching states around us reopen, while Pritzker tells us we'll be

shut down through July. He's killing small businesses.

The citizens of Illinois have been great. They continue to social distance and wear masks. They have taken this effort very seriously.

All they want is a plan to save their businesses and their jobs. They are not getting it.

Looks to me the same is happening in Michigan and California where there are lots of protests.

So - I'm happy to go with my gut on this - while you kid yourself about the social costs of governors drunk on political power.

This! is really "THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM"? LOL

And no, it seems that when liberals post stuff like this Sanjeev takes a lot longer than the 6.7 seconds he usually takes to remove a thread when its posted by a conservative...

Shut the fuck up Greg!  I had not seen it as I didn't visit the board for a couple of days.  As soon as I saw it, I moved it.  Cheers!

Thank you for moving this thread to the appropriate location, Parsad.

I am wondering if since we are living in the age of the reality TV president, what board members would think of Parsad having a greater ability to tell board members "You're Fired"?  :D It was very popular when Trump did it. Alternatively, I guess we could discuss whether the members should be able to occasionally "vote someone off the island" like on survivor. Either of these options might create a disincentive that could lead to members thinking a bit more before typing.

I think that we should keep in mind that it's not an issue so much of what the board is now, but what it could be in the future.