Trump Has a New Press Secretary: Kayleigh McEnany

cwericb

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had to google it (got UK results):

"The national average wage for a prostitute has been revealed - and it may not be as high as you were expecting. On average, sex workers take home £27,271 a year and more than half of earn less than £20,000."

Tragic. People must be really desperate/addicted to something to be in trade for these amounts.

So, back on topic, obviously, she's not desperate she's just an asshole.

Speaking of manipulative assholes, every time there's a personnel change in the current Trump TV series, I'm reminded what Scott Adams repeatedly said about Trump during the presidential race.  He said it's OK that Trump has no relevant experience because he has the required skill to choose the right people to make the necessary decisions.

Trying to think of ANY skill Trump brought to the White House.

The constant staff turnover is a sad comment on a complete lack of leadership skills. Long ago Trump dumped anyone who might actually have had some clue as to what they were doing and is now scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Those desperate enough to accept a position at this point are likely only doing so in the delusion that it might look good on their resume or in their family history..

Here is a rundown of staff changes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Trump_administration_dismissals_and_resignations

It just boggles the mind how his supporters can ignore this incredible record of dithering mismanagement.

Yes, probably drew that chart himself. Something like his meteorology skills in predicting hurricane tracks.

Downplaying his missteps during Covid-19 crises will be difficult for him because his vocabulary of adjectives only includes superlatives - especially because McEnany says he never lies.

• 2 weeks later...

Kellyanne criticizing the WHO on national TV for not being prompt on COVID-19...

“This is Covid-19, not Covid-1 folks, and so you would think the people in charge of the World Health Organization, facts and figures, would be on top of that." - Kellyanne Conway

Speaking of ‘facts and figures’ (always a problem with Kellyanne), the 19 stands for 2019, not the 19th Covid.

Kellyanne criticizing the WHO on national TV for not being prompt on COVID-19...

“This is Covid-19, not Covid-1 folks, and so you would think the people in charge of the World Health Organization, facts and figures, would be on top of that." - Kellyanne Conway

Speaking of ‘facts and figures’ (always a problem with Kellyanne), the 19 stands for 2019, not the 19th Covid.

The SNL skits write themselves at this point

• 3 weeks later...

What a burn! And a good point she's made - nobody knew the extent of COVID-19 in early March.

I mean, I guess the reason nobody knew anything is because her administration's defunded every federal pandemic response group we've got and then totally mismanaged the response once we knew COVID was here.... but if we just ignore all that, I mean, damn, she burnt him to a crisp!

What a burn! And a good point she's made - nobody knew the extent of COVID-19 in early March.

She is not using media quotes from early March.  Some are from January.  She is making a false equivalence. 

And she is omitting important qualifiers like "for now".

I mean, I guess the reason nobody knew anything is because her administration's defunded every federal pandemic response group we've got and then totally mismanaged the response once we knew COVID was here.... but if we just ignore all that, I mean, damn, she burnt him to a crisp!

There is actually more funding under Trump

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/false-claim-about-cdcs-global-anti-pandemic-work/

“CDC did not have to cut back its work from 49 to 10 countries,” said Maureen Bartee, CDC’s associate director for Global Health Security, in a statement to FactCheck.org. “In the FY18-FY20 annual appropriations, CDC received base appropriations for global health security from Congress. This was used to continue the essential public health capacity development in the four core areas that was started in 2014 with the one-time supplemental funds.”

"CDC operating budget plans show that its funding for global public health protection — which includes global disease detection and emergency response and global public health capacity — increased from $58 million in fiscal year 2017 to around $108 million in fiscal years 2018 and 2019. (And that does not include any remaining supplemental funds available for use.) The increases included nearly $50 million more each year for CDC’s global health security initiatives.

Those amounts went up again in fiscal year 2020, when the CDC was awarded $183 million for global public health protection, overall, and $125 million specifically for its global health security efforts. For fiscal year 2021, President Donald Trump has requested that CDC funding for global disease detection and other programs be increased further — to $225 million total, with $175 million going directly to global health security.

With its current funding, Bartee said, the CDC is actually working in “more than 60 countries” — not 10 — to address the threat of global infectious diseases and outbreaks."

There is actually more funding under Trump

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/false-claim-about-cdcs-global-anti-pandemic-work/

“CDC did not have to cut back its work from 49 to 10 countries,” said Maureen Bartee, CDC’s associate director for Global Health Security, in a statement to FactCheck.org. “In the FY18-FY20 annual appropriations, CDC received base appropriations for global health security from Congress. This was used to continue the essential public health capacity development in the four core areas that was started in 2014 with the one-time supplemental funds.”

"CDC operating budget plans show that its funding for global public health protection — which includes global disease detection and emergency response and global public health capacity — increased from $58 million in fiscal year 2017 to around $108 million in fiscal years 2018 and 2019. (And that does not include any remaining supplemental funds available for use.) The increases included nearly $50 million more each year for CDC’s global health security initiatives.

Those amounts went up again in fiscal year 2020, when the CDC was awarded $183 million for global public health protection, overall, and $125 million specifically for its global health security efforts. For fiscal year 2021, President Donald Trump has requested that CDC funding for global disease detection and other programs be increased further — to $225 million total, with $175 million going directly to global health security.

With its current funding, Bartee said, the CDC is actually working in “more than 60 countries” — not 10 — to address the threat of global infectious diseases and outbreaks."

I don't follow this much, but does this replicate the work of the WHO which he defunded?  The WHO funding was less wasn't it?