3 stooges...

Spekulatius

Not necessarily political, but funny like hell:

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/14/779339897/3-indiana-judges-suspended-after-white-castle-brawl-that-left-2-of-them-wounded

Back in May, three Indiana judges got into a fight. It was the crescendo of an incident brimming with colorful details: a gaggle of judges drinking the night before a judicial conference, a failed attempt to visit a strip club called the Red Garter, a brawl in the parking lot of an Indianapolis White Castle.

Something went wrong recruiting these people. They also went in the wrong neighborhood to show off apparently. The whole story seems like material for a Cohen brothers movie.

There is an expression which is devoir de réserve and which has no real translation in English (duty of reserve?) which is often simply attributed to the confidentiality aspect but also includes the notion of being discrete or even to behave responsibly and with honor even if you're not sitting on a bench or whatever. This seems to be applicable with public positions of authority: judges, presidents etc..

Thanks for the link allowing a glimpse into human nature.

I also like the Coen brothers' films, my best, in order: Fargo (by far), True Grit (for the form and the content) and No Country for Old Men (I don't know why).

There is an expression which is devoir de réserve and which has no real translation in English (duty of reserve?) which is often simply attributed to the confidentiality aspect but also includes the notion of being discrete or even to behave responsibly and with honor even if you're not sitting on a bench or whatever. This seems to be applicable with public positions of authority: judges, presidents etc..

Thanks for the link allowing a glimpse into human nature.

I also like the Coen brothers' films, my best, in order: Fargo (by far), True Grit (for the form and the content) and No Country for Old Men (I don't know why).

I love the corn brothers for their story telling and ai guess a story of these 3 stooges, who run into the wrong people, because the drunk judged showed her middle finger at 3 am to a passing car, where the driver was not one messed with and also happened  to have a loaded weapon with him, would fit right in.

My favorites are “ No country for old men”,“The big Lebowski”, “Fargo” and (all equally good in different ways) and “True grit” not fat behind it.

If you haven’t watched it,  Amazon has the “Ballad of Buster Scruggs”, which are a bunch of short tales they are somewhat  connected.

Another funny ruling that won't make it to a movie though.

First time I see a motion based on a simple arithmetic error, at least of that magnitude. Oops!

https://stateimpact.npr.org/oklahoma/2019/10/15/judge-makes-107-million-math-error-in-oklahomas-opioid-verdict/

The remediation here would simply require to have a first-grader to review the calculations before final assent.

Another funny ruling that won't make it to a movie though.

First time I see a motion based on a simple arithmetic error, at least of that magnitude. Oops!

https://stateimpact.npr.org/oklahoma/2019/10/15/judge-makes-107-million-math-error-in-oklahomas-opioid-verdict/

The remediation here would simply require to have a first-grader to review the calculations before final assent.

The state judge Thad Balkman seems grossly incompetent, it’s not just the math error, he also seems to shift the scope and then talks about annual payments, which makes no sense to me.

Sabrina Strong, a lawyer representing the company, said that a yearly plan was never brought up during the trial and that doing so would violate state law.

I guess we know found at least 4 stooges.