Time for impeachment

Cardboard

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since the election I've been saying that Hillary would have been worse. I'm not so sure anymore he got rid if a few regulations and lowered the tax rates in his first year, but since then he's been a path of destruction. Hillary might have been preferable, as long as she didn't start WWIII anyway.

I agree someone has to talk some sense into him or congress should find a way to stop him or impeach him.

Guess I have to be contrarian here but imo its a brilliant move. If Dems take the bait and manage to get a judge to overturn the tariffs as illegal, that will mean tariffs will be removed from Mexico AND China. Markets will jump and Trump can go in 2020 blaming Dems for China/Illegal immigration debacle. If tariffs remains, you bet that Mexico will fold. They can't risk their economy to facilitate Central Americans's migration. Doubling down is the best move considering there is no movement on China and Illegal immigration front.

The man has spent his entire life screwing people & fighting to prove he's not a lying scumbag.

For a joke, check the Politifact Scorecard for DT. Over 2/3 of the words coming out of his mouth are a lie.

Guess I have to be contrarian here but imo its a brilliant move. If Dems take the bait and manage to get a judge to overturn the tariffs as illegal, that will mean tariffs will be removed from Mexico AND China. Markets will jump and Trump can go in 2020 blaming Dems for China/Illegal immigration debacle. If tariffs remains, you bet that Mexico will fold. They can't risk their economy to facilitate Central Americans's migration. Doubling down is the best move considering there is no movement on China and Illegal immigration front.

Brilliant - nice analysis !

The man has spent his entire life screwing people & fighting to prove he's not a lying scumbag.

For a joke, check the Politifact Scorecard for DT. Over 2/3 of the words coming out of his mouth are a lie.

Trump officially hits 10,000 lies.

---

PLEASE move this thread to the politics section before my head explodes.

Thing is, there are already plenty of good places to discuss politics, such as at weddings and funerals, in the Yahoo News comments section, on a first date with a blonde 10, and of course the board called politics.

If you guys think for a minute that this is just politics you have your head deep, I mean really deep in the sand.

Basically with this move, nobody will sign another deal with the U.S. as long as this moron is in place.

Prior to that, it was mostly negotiating tactics: The Art of the Deal. Now, trust is completely gone.

So no North Korea deal, no Iran deal, certainly no Chinese trade deal. Who in their right mind will negotiate or sign anything with a country that can no longer honour a deal that it just signed and from the same administration?

This has really deep and broad implications: your investments, global peace, your life.

IMO, this goes far beyond the Mueller witch hunt thing, disliking the guy behavior and all the Washington games. In 1974 they had to keep an eye on Nixon and launch codes/authority because the guy had gone paranoid. We are awfully close to the same here with powder kegs all around that with this move become nearly impossible to defuse.

Cardboard

If you guys think for a minute that this is just politics you have your head deep, I mean really deep in the sand.

Basically with this move, nobody will sign another deal with the U.S. as long as this moron is in place.

Prior to that, it was mostly negotiating tactics: The Art of the Deal. Now, trust is completely gone.

So no North Korea deal, no Iran deal, certainly no Chinese trade deal. Who in their right mind will negotiate or sign anything with a country that can no longer honour a deal that it just signed and from the same administration?

This has really deep and broad implications: your investments, global peace, your life.

IMO, this goes far beyond the Mueller witch hunt thing, disliking the guy behavior and all the Washington games. In 1974 they had to keep an eye on Nixon and launch codes/authority because the guy had gone paranoid. We are awfully close to the same here with powder kegs all around that with this move become nearly impossible to defuse.

Cardboard

You are confusing replacing NAFTA with USMCA to US-Mexico deal on immigration. There is no deal on immigration between these two countries. As for USMCA , WH is still committed and has sent it to the congress.

Mexico needs to clean up its act. The whole point of a trade deal is to make conditions better in Mexico so illegal immigration can be reduced. But Mexico is taking the deal and doubling down on sending illegal immigrants to pressure the US for a favorable treatment. Can't have it both ways. What this will do is to get their congress and President to do whatever is necessary to control border intrusions.

Long term, trade with Mexico should be a way to go for US. Move the Chinese trade to Mexico and you solve both problems. Can't have a strategic rival like China to control that much of your economy.

I don't care for the antics, but at the same time, what do you do when people refuse to do anything about a problem and if they had it their way would let just about anyone into your country, even criminals? Degrading the value of citizenship, and coming at great cost to your law abiding and tax paying residents...

Cardboard, I knew you would only put up with DJT only for so long and I agree with everything you say here. But getting rid of him may not be that easy.

Trump has essentially destroyed the US's ability to make any standing agreements and I imagine other countries will be very reluctant to make any deals with the US until he is gone. Why would anyone sign a deal with the US when they just rip up and ignore previous agreements. How do you make any agreement with a head of state that is a pathological liar? How would any country trust the US now or in the foreseeable future when Trump has destroyed their integrity?

Yes there is a very serious problem on the Mexican border, but so far it has only increased since Trump came to power.

The border and immigration is America's problem: build the wall or whatever filter required.

This thing is stupid or it would be similar to Western Europe imposing tarrifs on Greece and Turkey because migrants go through there to move north.

Top Trump supporters are also opposed to the move:

Mnuchin and Lighthizer opposed Trump tariffs on Mexico, source says

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/31/mnuchin-and-lighthizer-were-opposed-to-trump-tariffs-on-mexico-source-says.html

And yes making new deals is gone:

Surprise Mexican tariffs hurt China agreement chances: 'How can you trust Trump to honor a deal?'

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/31/surprise-mexican-tariffs-hurt-china-agreement-chances.html

Now it is time for Pelosi to do her job! However, she won't because she believes Democrats having a better chance to beat Trump late next year while really serious problems now mount rapidly to the point of out of control.

We will be at war soon, mark my words.

Cardboard

The border and immigration is America's problem: build the wall or whatever filter required.

This thing is stupid or it would be similar to Western Europe imposing tarrifs on Greece and Turkey because migrants go through there to move north.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/31/mnuchin-and-lighthizer-were-opposed-to-trump-tariffs-on-mexico-source-says.html

Surprise Mexican tariffs hurt China agreement chances: 'How can you trust Trump to honor a deal?'

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/31/surprise-mexican-tariffs-hurt-china-agreement-chances.html

Now it is time for Pelosi to do her job! However, she won't because she believes Democrats having a better chance to beat Trump late next year while really serious problems now mount rapidly to the point of out of control.

Cardboard

A trade war, yes...we're already there.  Just as you are flipping on Trump, I'm going the other way...I think the stance with China, while aggressive, was necessary.  We've been talking about doing something for over a decade and Buffett talked about it years ago, but Trump finally actually stood up to China...albeit probably not the right way.

Tarriffs on Mexico are a good threat...but should have stayed that way.  The U.S. would have gotten exactly what they wanted if they kept negotiating instead of the constant threats by Trump.

Everything else about Trump...the guy is a man-child who never grew up and everyone around him caters to his delirious whims and thoughts.  But the stance on trade...I have to give Trump credit here...just probably didn't execute the way he should have. 

The good thing is that with all of the chaos he's creating, whoever the next President is will have an easy time getting trade deals completed and improving global relationships.  Trump is the Mike Keenan of politics...you send him in to shake things up, nearly ruin the team and morale, and fans want him out as quick as possible after a few years.  Cheers!

+1

I didn't vote for the person last time around but I think he will win again in 2020. He has done what had to be done. I could care less about the tweets, main stream left leaning media or his personal life.

The system needed a jolt/activist  and Trump has provided the much needed jolt. I don't think anyone else could have done it. I think he is turning out to be one of the better presidents for the American people in the last thirty years from the "Joe taxpayer" view point.

The opposition doesn't have anything positive to offer to me "Joe taxpayer". Folks like Omer, Tlaib and AOC who have become the face of the opposition are complete turn-offs.

Say what you will, if you ignore the mainstream press, the engagement with China has been methodical and calculated. None of the retailers profits are impacted by tariffs so far and actually the import prices from China on aggregate has dropped by 0.9% because of currency manipulation. The manufacturing from China has simply moved elsewhere and will continue to move.

NASA which put man on the moon was using Russian rockets - now this has stopped. SpaceX had difficulty getting a contract for USA made rockets because the competition would just use the russian rockets which are sixties technology anyway.

http://inforussie.com/2019/05/31/moscow-cries-foul-as-u-s-bans-use-of-russian-rockets/

Free tax payer money to places such as Pakistan and Palestinian people who send terrorists and chant "death to America and Britain"

This has stopped or reduced

Immigration reform in favor of highly skilled who will add value to USA and not some folks who want "Death to America"

This is headed in the right direction

NATO

Other countries not spending what they pledged - this has improved but not fully fixed. (Germany)

Control over borders and rule of law

This is very much needed. India has put fences on its border with Pakistan and Canada doesn't take illegal immigrants either. (why I see so few Mexican restaurants in Canada). The so-called free traders China, Russia or even Germany don't take illegal immigrants either.

No new wars

He hasn't started new wars and is against creating new fights. Like this very much, we have no business fixing human rights in Somalia (and spending tens of billions of tax payer money) and sending US citizens in harms way when we can do so much to help improve peoples situation in our own country. (education, healthcare and others)

Called out the fed on interest rates

The president was right and fed was wrong - they aren't meeting the inflation targets and I expect them to lower the short term rates. The FED should if they want to do the right thing for the country.

Affirmative action for college admission such as Harvard

Opened law suit against these colleges who haven't increased the capacity in ages but discriminate based on a variety of factors. I totally believe in diversity, equality of opportunity but not quota system based on skin color or national origin

Cardboard

A trade war, yes...we're already there.  Just as you are flipping on Trump, I'm going the other way...I think the stance with China, while aggressive, was necessary.  We've been talking about doing something for over a decade and Buffett talked about it years ago, but Trump finally actually stood up to China...albeit probably not the right way.

Tarriffs on Mexico are a good threat...but should have stayed that way.  The U.S. would have gotten exactly what they wanted if they kept negotiating instead of the constant threats by Trump.

Everything else about Trump...the guy is a man-child who never grew up and everyone around him caters to his delirious whims and thoughts.  But the stance on trade...I have to give Trump credit here...just probably didn't execute the way he should have. 

The good thing is that with all of the chaos he's creating, whoever the next President is will have an easy time getting trade deals completed and improving global relationships.  Trump is the Mike Keenan of politics...you send him in to shake things up, nearly ruin the team and morale, and fans want him out as quick as possible after a few years.  Cheers!

Shalab - what you said on trade, foreign policy, "Joe Sixpack" and particularly immigration reform makes way too much sense.

With our Democratic alternatives (current field) they have other more pressing issues, like sanctuary cities, open borders, medicare for all

(including illegals), free college for everyone and finally, identity politics (slave reparations, etc). Truly frightening.

It's going to be an interesting 2020 campaign. The best thing that could happen to Democrats - lose in a landslide, so the

Democratic Party moves back from the far Left to the pre-Obama Center.