Silence remains on this website

Cardboard

Their silence will continue. The end of the Mueller probe pretty much marks the last of Dougie and those guys. The rest, now post about how they dont want politics here since they were made to look like fools with all the anti-Trump, conspiracy stuff.

I'll speak up.

I'm surprised that they weren't booted earlier. How can you keep someone in caucus that keeps knifing your party. Speaking up is one thing but the strategy of these 2 drip, drip drip slash, slash, slash was designed to bring as much damage as it can to the government and the party. Why would you keep someone like that on your team?

If that's your plan, best of luck to you.

Btw, if Andrew Scheer is so outraged this is happening to such outstanding politicians he is welcome to invite them to the Conservative Party Caucus and run them in elections. But something tells me that there's not a lot of demand out there for traitors and knifers.

Edit: my silence lately on some of these and other topics lately has nothing to with the nature of the topics but some real life stuff that's been keeping me very busy.

All the people involved pretty much did the right thing. Not much more one could ask for.

The AG resigned & released a recording of that pressure that exposed it. Cost a lot of people their positions.

Whether that was or wasn't pressure, is spin. To the people that mattered; it was seen as inappropriate.

This is what politics is, slime. If this is your thing, power to you.

Our own thoughts are that Trudeau was just doing his political job, trying to save jobs.

But once trust is gone, pretty much the only thing left is ejection.

Paying bribes is an economic reality. Paying fines is the practical solution.

Keeping the consulate informed, & seeking state 'sanction' to pay the bribe, is a much more practical solution.

In a dirty ship, there are no angels.

And like everyone else ... we've other stuff to do.

SD

1. You posted this within hours of it happening on a board that is primarily US politics.  God damn libtards having a life and not shitposting 24/7!

2. #IstandwithJody.  Fuck Justin and trying to interfere with prosecutorial independence.

3. It's comical that JT is imploding and Scheer is a single line after thought in all the related articles. Seriously, a stick of celery has more personality than Andrew Scheer.

4. Glad to see COBAF politics is still a shining bastion of intellectual discourse.

a desperate bunch of toolbag Democrats

there's really only two types of girls who go to those things. Girls who just tag along with their boyfriends, and girls who go hoping to end up with their ankles pinned to the headboard.

Pocahontas made her name railing on the big banks

The Dems - bring back Beria and Pocahontas!

The Deep State is gonna start to turn on each other now: Rosenstein, Comey, McCabe, Yates, Strozck, Page, Brennan, Clapper, Rice, Ohr.....

This list of criminals is getting longer every day.....truly an organized crime bunch.

Another woman with an unverifiable, no witness, drunken stupor based account. That she just happened to remember recently. LOL So pathetic.

the libs think this is the turning point for Roe vs Wade right? Gorusch wasn't. They really want their rights to murder babies.

if youre coming to the table now, with near 40 year old claims of high school/college indiscretions... go f*ck yourself.

You sure are Stalin's kind of guy Ostog.

Look at the nut cake leaders in the party now: Pelosi, Reid, Pocohontas,

Kiss My Ass Schwab

You have an ignore button, so use it.

Schwab - I could care less what you think.  Which brings me back to the bolded part.

This is a Politics Forum NOT an Investment Forum. Deal with it accordingly.

You can't. Liberals today are the Nazis of yesterday.

Hey asshole, why are you posting this completely biased very old article from the liberal blog site own by ABC news, king of Fake News?

Otsog my sister said she thinks you might have raped her. Join the party, rapist!

Hey gang rape supporter,  Kavanaugh is not on trial where his guilt is being determined and he is not charged with any crimes.  He's been nominated to the Supreme Court of the United States and is being vetted for a lifetime appointment to one of the highest seats in the Judiciary.

If you spent less time supporting gang rape, you might learn something.

You really nailed this one good Ostog - I'm sure you are proud of yourself for denouncing due process!

How did your "gang rape" accusation turn out now Ostog? 

Looks like your hero Avenatti and his "gang rape" accusation might have been a little off base....

Good for you though - "we must believe!!"

Gee Ostog - why the meltdown?

Wife kick you out of bed this morning?

Impossible, she was with me. J/K

Ostog is just another one of the butthurt. Who is too busy with his/her "real job" now all of a sudden since the Mueller report didn't role his way(or anything else for that matter).

This dude was clearly one of those most vile, and wrong, parties regarding Kavanaugh. Noticed he went away after that.

Case in point

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/college-student-confronts-teen-wearing-maga-hat-symbol-white-supremacy-194241904.html

This idiot doesn't know any better, and unfortunately believed the media regarding these fabricated narratives around something as simple as "Make America Great Again". She truly thinks the hat "is a symbol of white supremacy"....

As such, she claims to respect others, BUT feels she has the right to bully teenagers because of their clothing. Beautifully woven into her tirade are also a bunch of racist rhetoric. After all, how else does one fight a teenager wearing a hat than with aggression, rage, and racism!

4. Glad to see COBAF politics is still a shining bastion of intellectual discourse.

I didn't really notice it until you compiled all those trashy posts, but it's funny how Greg has a habit of going down the misogynist route. Pretty shameful. Guess it makes sense why he connects with Trump so emotionally. :-\

Ostog is just another one of the butthurt. Who is too busy with his/her "real job" now all of a sudden since the Mueller report didn't role his way(or anything else for that matter).

This dude was clearly one of those most vile, and wrong, parties regarding Kavanaugh. Noticed he went away after that.

One more comment like this one and I start banning people from the site!  I read Otsog's post, and the "butthurt" comment is misogynistic, homophobic and degrading. 

I expect more of the people posting on here and to simply act like grownups.  Tit for tat is not an adequate excuse for the degradation in posts in the Politics section.  Consider it censorship or whatever you want, but if people can't act like adults, you've got to get the f**k out of here! 

And this is going to apply to the left wing and right wing posters...Trump supporter or Trump hater...you throw language like this around and you are out of here!  Zero tolerance going forward...so think before you post!  Cheers!

It is not so much that he booted two women that is the issue, it's that he was interfering with a criminal investigation.  If Trump did this it would be a 'constitutional crisis' but here the liberals are just like oh politicians lie that's the way that it is.  No.  It's not the overlooked bribery, it's not the lying, it's not that he's sexist, it'st no that he booted an aboriginal member, it's that he used his political influence to interfere with a criminal investigation.  It's a very basic violation of separation of powers.  All of the liberals responses so far try to move it to one of the lesser issues and then contain it as business as usual but they are all ignoring what really happened.

One more comment like this one and I start banning people from the site!  I read Otsog's post, and the "butthurt" comment is misogynistic, homophobic and degrading. 

I expect more of the people posting on here and to simply act like grownups.  Tit for tat is not an adequate excuse for the degradation in posts in the Politics section.  Consider it censorship or whatever you want, but if people can't act like adults, you've got to get the f**k out of here! 

And this is going to apply to the left wing and right wing posters...Trump supporter or Trump hater...you throw language like this around and you are out of here!  Zero tolerance going forward...so think before you post!  Cheers!

Fair enough, but again its odd that this gets leveled after Ostog has/had been allowed to run around saying whatever vile and totally inappropriate things directly and on a personal level to members he disagreed with, especially, and egregiously highlighted, in the Kavanaugh thread. This guy also never adds anything to any other part of the site, so again, its not like the quarreling between other members.

Turning to the "misogynistic, homophobic" labels just kind of takes away from it. The term butthurt is a figure of speech used to denote somebody is sour and resentful about an outcome that went against them.

overly or unjustifiably offended or resentful.

"they're all butthurt that she released the album online first"

noun

noun: butthurt; noun: butt-hurt

an excessive or unjustifiable feeling of personal offense or resentment.

"it's time to get over the butthurt from last year's playoffs"

Please lets not turn this into an identity politics things, especially from you Sanjeev.

Sure, what I wrote Ostog was inappropriate. When I hit post, I kind of gave a second thought but then after remembering all the "you are a rapist" posts this guy flooded everyone with back in the fall, sure, gave in and went tit(can I say this without being accused of being a misogynisit?) for tat.

Your comment/warning is noted. If we want to take it a step further and do away with politics, that is fine by me as well. But lets at least hold everyone to the same standards...

It is not so much that he booted two women that is the issue, it's that he was interfering with a criminal investigation.  If Trump did this it would be a 'constitutional crisis' but here the liberals are just like oh politicians lie that's the way that it is.  No.  It's not the overlooked bribery, it's not the lying, it's not that he's sexist, it'st no that he booted an aboriginal member, it's that he used his political influence to interfere with a criminal investigation.  It's a very basic violation of separation of powers.  All of the liberals responses so far try to move it to one of the lesser issues and then contain it as business as usual but they are all ignoring what really happened.

Inclined to think that it was more like 'attempting to influence', crossing over to 'attempting to interfere'. Even the former AG has acknowledged that its OK to have the conversation..  but not to interfere in the judicial process.

It's a murky area, and it's forcing the conversation; whether some want to have it or not. All in all a very good thing. 

This specific topic is bribing for business, but the broader issue is what are the limits to PMO 'interference'.

The 'drama' is just the 'team', lashing out against the 'hurt' caused.

These women did the right thing, under enormous pressure, and should be commended.

And ARE being so, as evidenced by the 'back turning' in a recent caucus meeting.

Good on them.

SD

Sure, what I wrote Ostog was inappropriate. When I hit post, I kind of gave a second thought but then after remembering all the "you are a rapist" posts this guy flooded everyone with back in the fall, sure, gave in and went tit(can I say this without being accused of being a misogynisit?) for tat.

Again, will you please stop doing this whole us/them, liberal/conservative crap!  You were just the last straw, and we all know the derogatory nature of "butthurt", and it isn't your definitions from Webster...so don't play dumb. 

If you had second thoughts as you did, you need to remember that you are too close to the line then!  Don't make excuses by blaming others...we all have to take responsibility for our own actions and the stupid things we do or say.  If Otsog stuck a knife in someone, would you condone retaliation?  Of course not. 

Maybe if everyone took a second look at their post before clicking "Post", we might have actually useful debates in Politics, rather than the sh*thole it has slowly become.  Cheers!

I agree and apologize on the joke gone too far.

On butthurt... we will just have to agree to disagree. It's a common phrase and has been for ages and I won't apologize for the liberals and the Mr/Mrs/Ms/They/Thems taking it upon themselves to rewrite the dictionary and continue to commandeer words from the rest of us. Just because some of them chose to take words and all of a sudden declare them offensive, or to have additional meanings, does not mean that every person, both before and after their feeble declarations, uses them with that in mind...

Kind of like how some are now declaring MAGA hats racist...

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/04/04/palo-alto-woman-sparks-national-furor-after-berating-a-man-wearing-a-maga-hat-in-palo-alto-starbucks/

I agree and apologize on the joke gone too far.

On butthurt... we will just have to agree to disagree. It's a common phrase and has been for ages and I won't apologize for the liberals and the Mr/Mrs/Ms/They/Thems taking it upon themselves to rewrite the dictionary and continue to commandeer words from the rest of us. Just because some of them chose to take words and all of a sudden declare them offensive, or to have additional meanings, does not mean that every person, both before and after their feeble declarations, uses them with that in mind...

Kind of like how some are now declaring MAGA hats racist...

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/04/04/palo-alto-woman-sparks-national-furor-after-berating-a-man-wearing-a-maga-hat-in-palo-alto-starbucks/

Again, not all liberals agree with that behavior.  I think that lady got exactly what she deserved...she was fired as well from her job!

By the way, MAGA hats aren't racist...but a large percentage of the owners, including its creator, are xenophobic!  Cheers!

...Edit: my silence lately on some of these and other topics lately has nothing to with the nature of the topics but some real life stuff that's been keeping me very busy.

rb,

I have actually taken notice of it [not as such related to the Politics forum, but in a sense in general related to CoBF]. I certainly hope it's about IRL positives, not IRL negatives. And no, you [naturally] do not need to elaborate. All the best.

Oopsie doopsie.  This is what standing up for womens rights looks like.. until that gets in your way.. but hey, pot's legalized so all is good right?

Former Treasury Board minister Jane Philpott says Prime Minister Justin Trudeau violated federal law when he expelled her and former Veterans Affairs minister Jody Wilson-Raybould from caucus.

She says the Liberals did not follow the legislated process for ejecting MPs from a caucus and did not vote by secret ballot as the law requires.

Ms. Philpott is asking Commons Speaker Geoff Regan to rule on this matter and declare that her and Ms. Wilson-Raybould’s rights were violated.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-philpott-says-trudeau-violated-federal-law-with-caucus-expulsions/

I just got hit by an e-mail notification caused by the last post of no_free-lunch, caused by my greetings to rb earlier in this topic.

It made me think: "What is it with you [not me!], perhaps spending more time in the Politics Forum here on CoBF than on investing?", & "Are [perhaps] some of you not even real DIY investors?"

To me, all active participants in the Politics Forum here on CoBF are all failures [for this particular purpose : votes], as a basis - I'll challenge none of you have any tangible proof of even moving ONE vote!

Please come to bright side! - Please leave the dark side!, and come to the bright side! - You, contributing on [potential] investments - by discussion - here on CoBF!

Quite agreed..... you will follow the laws of the land - whoever you are.

You are free to 'fire' as you please; but if you break the law, you WILL pay for the privilege.

Everybody treated the same - whether you like it or not.

SD

Oopsie doopsie.  This is what standing up for womens rights looks like.. until that gets in your way.. but hey, pot's legalized so all is good right?

Former Treasury Board minister Jane Philpott says Prime Minister Justin Trudeau violated federal law when he expelled her and former Veterans Affairs minister Jody Wilson-Raybould from caucus.

She says the Liberals did not follow the legislated process for ejecting MPs from a caucus and did not vote by secret ballot as the law requires.

Ms. Philpott is asking Commons Speaker Geoff Regan to rule on this matter and declare that her and Ms. Wilson-Raybould’s rights were violated.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-philpott-says-trudeau-violated-federal-law-with-caucus-expulsions/