More of the Left

Gregmal

Going to a grand jury now. How funny! He has his friends write him hate mail, pays them to assault him, and even buys the rope, maga gear, and masks!

I think the million dollar question is whether or not he will be intentionally dropping the soap in prison?

https://pagesix.com/2019/02/17/jussie-smollett-case-to-reportedly-go-before-a-grand-jury/?_ga=2.16953072.814157031.1550418706-751689936.1545267072

Going to a grand jury now. How funny! He has his friends write him hate mail, pays them to assault him, and even buys the rope, maga gear, and masks!

I think the million dollar question is whether or not he will be intentionally dropping the soap in prison?

https://pagesix.com/2019/02/17/jussie-smollett-case-to-reportedly-go-before-a-grand-jury/?_ga=2.16953072.814157031.1550418706-751689936.1545267072

If Smollett did this, he should go to jail and hopefully his career is over.  Comparing it to Kapernick is just silly! 

One guy perpetrated a complete fraud and spent precious police resources on an alleged fake crime.  The other guy was simply enacting his civil right to peaceful protest that literally affected no one, nor expended any resources.

Smollett deserves your hate if true...while Kapernick should have deserved your respect!  If Trump had any decency at all, and was the Great American as he portrays, he would have supported Kapernick's choice.  That would have truly made America and Trump great!  Cheers!

"When Smollett first reported that he was assaulted, Democratic New Jersey senator and presidential candidate Cory Booker called it a "modern-day lynching." On Sunday, he said he would reserve judgment "until all the information actually comes out from on-the-record sources."

Oh Cory, do you "reserve judgment" for everyone? Or just your liberal pals? Pretty sure you haven't done the same for Trump...Nice double standard, clown!

As for Kapernick, they guy parlayed a washed up career into a massive payday. First, if it was strictly about 1st amendment and a social cause, he would have taken this all the way through and exposed the NFL owners through discovery and open testimony in court. Instead he sold out for cash. Two, if he "just wanted to play football" HE WOULDNT HAVE opted out of his current contract, and he would have taken the multiple offers he's received from other leagues, rather than hold out for more money. Three, the issues he is protesting aren't even really issues anymore than other crimes prevalent in society. I dont see much evidence that a police officer murdering a black person is any more an endemic than a police officer murdering a white person or a person of a different occupation murdering someone of any race. The difference of course is the media only jumps on stories of certain narratives...nothing else. Which again points to Kapernick simply exploiting a flavor of the month, manufactured, "social issue" for his own financial benefit.

If anyone wants to see what real collusion looks like, look up what happened to Barry Bonds. A guy with a .480 OBP and 1.000+ OPS couldn't get a league minimum salary?? That's collusion.

"When Smollett first reported that he was assaulted, Democratic New Jersey senator and presidential candidate Cory Booker called it a "modern-day lynching." On Sunday, he said he would reserve judgment "until all the information actually comes out from on-the-record sources."

Oh Cory, do you "reserve judgment" for everyone? Or just your liberal pals? Pretty sure you haven't done the same for Trump...Nice double standard, clown!

As for Kapernick, they guy parlayed a washed up career into a massive payday. First, if it was strictly about 1st amendment and a social cause, he would have taken this all the way through and exposed the NFL owners through discovery and open testimony in court. Instead he sold out for cash. Two, if he "just wanted to play football" HE WOULDNT HAVE opted out of his current contract, and he would have taken the multiple offers he's received from other leagues, rather than hold out for more money. Three, the issues he is protesting aren't even really issues anymore than other crimes prevalent in society. I dont see much evidence that a police officer murdering a black person is any more an endemic than a police officer murdering a white person or a person of a different occupation murdering someone of any race. The difference of course is the media only jumps on stories of certain narratives...nothing else. Which again points to Kapernick simply exploiting a flavor of the month, manufactured, "social issue" for his own financial benefit.

If anyone wants to see what real collusion looks like, look up what happened to Barry Bonds. A guy with a .480 OBP and 1.000+ OPS couldn't get a league minimum salary?? That's collusion.

So someone who actually didn't cheat but stood up for his beliefs is a joke, while a cheating, lying, never remorseful jackass was blackballed.  No wonder you like Trump so much! 

I personally think Sosa, McGuire, Bonds et al should have been banned for life and their records removed from baseball.  That era was the biggest disgrace in baseball's history.  Cheers!

One mans blackballing is another mans collusion case. Just depends on how it’s spun. I don’t disagree necessarily about Bonds, but with athletes generational context is important. Were the increased supplements, weight training, and amphetamine usage in the 60-70s unfair to “clean” guys like Ruth who did it on hot dogs, beer, and pussy? Can you really compare McDavid to Gretzky without adjusts and concessions for era?

Regarding Kapernick, if that’s the narrative you believe about him, it seems the media did its job. If you dig deeper or try answering the questions I posed, the truth is a little easier to see.

Also funny to see Mr. Smollet now ducking a police follow up!

One mans blackballing is another mans collusion case. Just depends on how it’s spun. I don’t disagree necessarily about Bonds, but with athletes generational context is important. Were the increased supplements, weight training, and amphetamine usage in the 60-70s unfair to “clean” guys like Ruth who did it on hot dogs, beer, and pussy? Can you really compare McDavid to Gretzky without adjusts and concessions for era?

It looks like this thread is about an inappropriate call for attention to suffering but the sub-topic above involves comparing and adjusting for different time periods and customs.

It doesn't sound like cycling is all that popular but Lance Armstrong was able to lower court damages from 100M to 5M owed to US Postal (sponsor) and the US government mainly because he was allowed to use ‘everyone was doping’ as defence. Conclusion: he was the strongest among the cheaters.

Given the fundamental nature of this Board, can't help remembering what our reference mentioned some time ago:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/15212017/ns/business-us_business/t/buffett-everyone-else-doing-it-no-excuse/#.XGsuRvZFzic

The babylonbee is quite hilarious. I have never heard about this site before,  it this is one of the best fake news websites I have seen so far - amongst the many gems, I found this:

https://babylonbee.com/news/man-forced-to-apologize-for-whatever-he-did-in-wifes-dream-last-night

Why everyone seems to believe his bs argument why did it? (unhappy,about his salary)

To me this episode looked like most serious form of TDS.

Oh NO! Now the narrative Julie Smollet is trying to convey is that he's another black man betrayed by a corrupt legal system that favors the whites and the wealthy!

https://pagesix.com/2019/02/21/jussie-smolletts-lawyers-say-he-was-betrayed-by-the-legal-system/?_ga=2.69879129.814157031.1550418706-751689936.1545267072

LOL If all else fails; identity politics!

• 4 weeks later...
Michelle Obama's former CoS contacted Foxx saying that Smollett's family had "concerns" about the investigation, so Foxx tried to get the case transferred from CPD to the FBI. She was told to pound sand based on "a lack of evidence" that Smollett was the victim of a hate crime.

Foxx recused herself from the case on Feb. 20 "out of an abundance of caution" because of "familiarity with potential witnesses in the case."

Deep, deep corruption! But Value^2, just for the record, what was the crime committed here?  :-\

I wonder what's next for you master sleuths - are going to shine the light of justice on the criminal element at the local pre-school cupcake sale?

I heard that Mrs. Roberston's son Todd told his best friend Brad that he met the Obama daughters at a Starbucks but Brad's daughter Cindy told her friends that Todd was lying to make Michelle jealous because he really likes her.  :-*

I trust you will get to the bottom of this vein of Obama corruption undermining the Republic - please keep us informed.  ;D ;D

Just wait - this is nothing - there is plenty more coming from the Obama/Clinton crime syndicate.

Yup, just call Obama's people for favors, and now charges get dropped...

https://pagesix.com/2019/03/26/all-charges-against-jussie-smollett-have-been-dropped/?_ga=2.8603132.814157031.1550418706-751689936.1545267072

Of course The Babylon Bee has the best coverage:

Jussie Smollett Utilizes Tried-And-True 'I Have A Lot Of Money' Defense

https://babylonbee.com/news/smollett-legal-team-utilizes-tried-and-true-i-have-a-lot-of-money-defense

"Smollett's legal team argued that while his alleged crimes were bad, on the other hand, he has a lot of money. The legal strategy is known as the "Chicago Special" to locals. It's a standard procedure used in Cook County."

Ah yes the mastermind criminal plot where the only victim was himself - all orchestrated by super-villain Barack himself ::)  ::) ::)

Imagine if white Trump voters did something like this...

We don't have to imagine, we have the data!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/03/22/trumps-rhetoric-does-inspire-more-hate-crimes/?utm_term=.5aae6fc015bd

Although I understand that you'd prefer to imagine Obama sitting in a high backed chair petting a fluffy cat while ruminating over all his dastardly plots.

Ah yes the mastermind criminal plot where the only victim was himself - all orchestrated by super-villain Barack himself ::)  ::) ::)

Imagine if white Trump voters did something like this...

We don't have to imagine, we have the data!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/03/22/trumps-rhetoric-does-inspire-more-hate-crimes/?utm_term=.5aae6fc015bd

Although I understand that you'd prefer to imagine Obama sitting in a high backed chair petting a fluffy cat while ruminating over all his dastardly plots.

Even Don Lemon who is sometimes referred as a dumbest man on television can connect the dots, but you can't?

I wouldn't know as I don't know all the people who have been on TV.

At one point as they went through the issues surrounding the case, Lemon asked, “Did someone potentially very important or influential do a favor, make a call on Jussie’s behalf?”

And the response:

“No, there was no political influence in this case,” Holmes responded.

If you're going to play connect-the-dots, you have to connect all the dots (something even a pre-schooler can do).