Re: Democrats adopt Russian interference techniques in Senate race

Guest MarkS

The Dems paid foreign agents, including Russians, for dirt to smear an American candidate.  Now we find out that Dems have implemented dirty political tricks learned from Russian agents.  If a discredited dossier was enough for the appointment of a special.council to investigate Trump, then these fact justify the appointment of another special council to investigate the Democratic party to find out what else is out there to learn.

LC

Even if I accept what you say as true, and I don't, the government should be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.  We have the money and expertise to conduct two investigations at once. 

LC

Even if I accept what you say as true, and I don't, the government should be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.  We have the money and expertise to conduct two investigations at once.

We can't even have one investigation without republicans questioning it's validity on a daily basis.

then these fact justify the appointment of another special council to investigate the Democratic party to find out what else is out there to learn.

Well, republicans controlled congress for the past two years and control the Senate right now. Why are they so incompetent, in your eyes?

LC

Glad to see you feel that way.  Since people vote on the issues and not based on Facebook accounts, then the Russians had no impact on the 2016 Presidential race.

LC

Glad to see you feel that way.  Since people vote on the issues and not based on Facebook accounts, then the Russians had no impact on the 2016 Presidential race.

Congrats, you have just entered the "Liberal Loop". You will never get out. FB/Russia/Hacking/Wikileaks, only influence things and are a problem in relation to Trump....

LC

You either misunderstand or misinterpret me (your M.O. it seems).

It is my hope that people vote on the issues. Obviously they don't.

LC

Congrats, you have just entered the "Liberal Loop". You will never get out. FB/Russia/Hacking/Wikileaks, only influence things and are a problem in relation to Trump....

I'll ignore your "loop" comment because as usual you misinterpret and jump to conclusions.

I don't really buy the whole "russian facebook bots" thing. I think it's super sketchy but not inherently wrong. And you'll notice I have never claimed otherwise.

I don't see much difference than if it were a bunch of Russian tourists dressed like hipsters screaming to vote for Democrat B (instead of Democrat A) in the middle of Williamsburg. Or a bunch of Democrats dressed in flannel at the gun range screaming to vote Republican B (instead of Republican A)

LC

Ambiguity is always construed against the drafter.  Your statement is ambiguous - it's your fault not ours.  Stop blaming others for your shortcomings.?

Hi Ross,

Do you really advocate this argument?

Candidate A has been accused of past sexual misconduct.

Therefore it is appropriate to engage in acts that undermine our elections in order to prevent his election.

I think you're misunderstanding again Mark. Ross didn't make the argument that you posted.

In my interpretation, he is saying that we don't know if it was the Facebook bots which caused Moore to lose, or perhaps it was the accusations of sexually assaulting teenage girls.

No! You're misunderstanding my position.  Jones deserved to lose the election and probably would have lost without the interference.  But even if he had won the election somehow, the acts engaged in by the dems still undermined the election from a trust standpoint. 

bTW you could rewrite Ross's original argument as follows:

"I'm confused.  The Clintons were corrupt Democratic politicians with one of them also accused of rape.  Was it the corruption and/or the rape which caused Clinton to lose or the fake Facebook pages?  Whose complaining that a corrupt candidate with a husband accused of rape didn't get elected."

No! You're misunderstanding my position.  Jones deserved to lose the election and probably would have lost without the interference.  But even if he had won the election somehow, the acts engaged in by the dems still undermined the election from a trust standpoint. 

bTW you could rewrite Ross's original argument as follows:

"I'm confused.  The Clintons were corrupt Democratic politicians with one of them also accused of rape.  Was it the corruption and/or the rape which caused Clinton to lose or the fake Facebook pages?  Whose complaining that a corrupt candidate with a husband accused of rape didn't get elected."

I literally thought the same thing as the bold. Like I said, welcome to the loop....

Do you feel the same thing about Trump in 2016, that his election victory has been undermined from a trust standpoint?

I don't like what was done in either election that we have been discussing.  However, I'm not sure that the underhanded behavior was of a sufficient amount to change the results in either.  Moreover, I've seen no evidence that Trump was behind any of the dirty tricks.  Going forward i would like to see more protections in place.  Having said all of that I do think the hypocrisy of the Dems - complaining about yet at the same time engaging in the same dirty tricks - is off the charts.

Hi Ross,

Do you really advocate this argument?

Candidate A has been accused of past sexual misconduct.

Therefore it is appropriate to engage in acts that undermine our elections in order to prevent his election.

I am against undermining elections in any case. I was just stating that Moore had more problems than underhanded efforts to smear him in Facebook.

I hear your comment about inserting the Clinton name in the story and the song changes according to the tribe you associate with. I'm happy to see Hoffman investigated and disciplined for his crimes and I'll be happy to see what the Mueller investigation turns up, if anything, and those responsible disciplined/prosecuted.

I don't think persuing justice needs to be a partisan. Whether it's Watergate, Iraq, Benghazi, or the 2016 election, something bad happened or something was very questionable in order to launch an investigation. It is no more dangerous or waste of time than shutting down the government, threatening default, campaigning, or the other 70% of the time our leaders spend scoring points by introducing legislation that is doa to satisfy their voters.

We should evaluate it leaders based on how they govern, the tone they set for the country, and how they represent us to our neighbors.