Huge sacrifice

Cardboard

Trump tumbles down the Forbes 400 as his net worth has taken a major hit

http://www.cnbc.com/id/105482926

Instead of just enriching himself until death, Mr. Trump left his business to help the country/world and is delivering one of the most peaceful and prosperous period in human history.

Since we keep on reading about all kinds of potential negatives, might as well point out the broad and true picture.

Cardboard

Wasn't the liberal narrative that he only did it to enrich himself? That he's greedy and selfish and only looking to stuff his own pockets? While this defies logic, especially since he's knowingly taken actions that he had to have known would cost his brands hundreds of millions, it's oddly enough been thrown around quite a bit by the less wise bunch.

Wasn't the liberal narrative that he only did it to enrich himself? That he's greedy and selfish and only looking to stuff his own pockets? While this defies logic, especially since he's knowingly taken actions that he had to have known would cost his brands hundreds of millions, it's oddly enough been thrown around quite a bit by the less wise bunch.

Of course he did it to enrich himself - he's getting $1/yr !  And his family is in on the act too!

You guys really eat up Trump's spin eh?

Here are the 3 main factors contributing to the "drop" in his net worth:

1. New information revealed by journalists that shed doubt on Trump's own claims about his money

2. Broader economic forces that have made the real estate and brick-and-mortar retail markets less propitious in recent years

3. Effects of Trump's polarizing brand of politics on his businesses

Incredible. So he was a liar (1), a terrible businessman (2), and by becoming President, he actually managed to hurt his brand (3).

0 for 3. Well done, Donny, the decision-making comparable to a small child!

You guys really eat up Trump's spin eh?

Here are the 3 main factors contributing to the "drop" in his net worth:

1. New information revealed by journalists that shed doubt on Trump's own claims about his money

2. Broader economic forces that have made the real estate and brick-and-mortar retail markets less propitious in recent years

3. Effects of Trump's polarizing brand of politics on his businesses

Incredible. So he was a liar (1), a terrible businessman (2), and by becoming President, he actually managed to hurt his brand (3).

0 for 3. Well done, Donny, the decision-making comparable to a small child!

LC, leave it to you to let the facts get in the way!  Trump cares about immigrants and poor people...they work in all of his hotels!  Cheers!

I think you'd need more information before drawing conclusions that his $1 a year presidency is altruistic.  You'd need to look into how his family's affairs are organized to determine if he will benefit from cuts to the estate taxes.

It appears his father was very frustrated with the estate tax as suggested by the NYTimes today -- all sorts of schemes to pass wealth along early to Trump. 

May have rubbed off on Trump.

For an outsider like me, it's incredible how polarising politics in the US and especially the figure of Trump is.

It seems that hardly any American succeeds in objectively analysing the facts and forming an opinion on any subject that has anything to do with politics.

The same as with the discussion around Brett Kavanaugh.

I'm really flabbergasted...

For an outsider like me, it's incredible how polarising politics in the US and especially the figure of Trump is.

It seems that hardly any American succeeds in objectively analysing the facts and forming an opinion on any subject that has anything to do with politics.

+1

For someone who grew up in NYC and knew of and about Donald Trump before he became a national figure, it is equally flabbergasting that anyone in their right mind would trust this buffoon.

For someone who grew up in NYC and knew of and about Donald Trump before he became a national figure, it is equally flabbergasting that anyone in their right mind would trust this buffoon.

Of course, since he's done such a great job at President - it absolutely drives you crazy, so you'll dig your hole deeper.  Have at it!

The topic is potential motivation for higher office and this post is about higher calling in the midst of doubt.

In our last provincial election (2 days go and result immaterial in itself for most here), the elected prime minister is a relatively wealthy, successful and early-retired businessman who did not "need" the job and he has convinced a senior VP to leave his job at a major institutional fund (and his 1 million$ (CDN) a year salary) in order to get elected, to occupy a finance-related public office, to be criticized by the populace and to be watched by the media for 4 years (he has been labeled the "4 million dollar man").

There is hope.